• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So Long Tech Tree.

Risen Malchiah

To upgrade 8 workshops, 7 steel, 5 scrolls, 5 dust, the MH and barracks to max fairy levels and then upgrade 3 armories to max orc level will take me 22,824 people.

If I can manage 2 expansions a month that will take me 5 months, so until the middle of March - and I have targeted to resume research on the tech tree middle of April - with all my buildings completely upgraded and 4 AW's nicely upgraded (instead of just the 1 I have now)
It seems to me that you're trying to have too much upgraded to max at once. I understand your desire to help your fellowship with goods, but 7/5/5 when you fight most of the tournaments seems like overkill. Try reducing this to 4/4/4 which will still give you a surplus of goods (especially since they'll all be upgraded soon) and this will massively impact your population and culture needs.

Compare your timetable of resuming research by April to reducing the factories now. By April you could be in Woodelves with vastly more space, population, culture and resources which would benefit your fellowship even more.

DeletedUser7421

FA and other quest things operate on a multiple of 5. I shifted from 8 workshops at L15 to 10 at L15 because it better aligns with quest requirements. Upgrading the 8 workshops would take the same space and give the same increase in production as adding 2 L15 workshops. The only differences are in the time and materials to upgrade versus build new.
Yes 346 per square, and it is smart to have 10 instead of 8 for the events and adventures, plus the level 15 are a lot cleaner looking and easier to spot completed goods on than the level 19.

Try reducing this to 4/4/4 which will still give you a surplus of goods (especially since they'll all be upgraded soon) and this will massively impact your population and culture needs.

Compare your timetable of resuming research by April to reducing the factories now. By April you could be in Woodelves with vastly more space, population, culture and resources which would benefit your fellowship even more.

I'm trying that model in my 2nd city 5/4/4, and I don't like it so far - so we'll see which one I like more in April :)

DeletedUser7370

Yes 346 per square, and it is smart to have 10 instead of 8 for the events and adventures, plus the level 15 are a lot cleaner looking and easier to spot completed goods on than the level 19.
However there is a quest in the orcs chapter to upgrade 2 workshops to L20. I would have been happy keeping 10 at L15 well into chapter 9, but now it is going to become 5 at L20. Fewer buildings to upgrade in the future is a good thing.

DeletedUser7894

I'm in Woodelves (Human)...just reached the Grafting Sites on the Tree, everything else done that can be done.

My land is 9x9 or 81 5x5 squares total. I have a Culture Bonus of 150% with 30k Culture available and approximately 3500 available Population.

Main Hall (Level 22), 33 Residences (25@Level 23, rest Level 22). Since Level 2, I have had 9 Workshops (Level 22), 3 Armories (Level 23) and 4 each Mfgs (Levels 20 , 19 [II] and 16 [III]); Tier I and III bonuses are maxed out, II is getting close.

I have 4 AWs, each carefully chosen to benefit: Abyss (6) [coins/pop], Excavation (6) [relics/supplies], Halls (4) [good/pop] and Trader (4) [fees, offers, portal prod]. Unless I am 'stuck' on the Tree waiting to produce enough whatever to progress, I only toss 'extra' KP...from Quests, Tournaments, etc at them. Only once or twice have I deliberately sought to upgrade.

I am fortunate to be in an active Fellowship and have about a dozen active Neighbors...takes maybe 10 minutes to 'help' and I get extra Coins/Supplies. During that time, I'll produce Beverages for extra Supplies before setting them up while I'm away. And if I'm doing site maintenance, I'll produce Beverages. If I need more Coins, I have a huge World to hit on.

I am constantly 'trading' for Goods and I buy from the Wholesaler (this is where the Trader helps). I also look forward (Tree and upgrading) to see what extra Goods I'm going to need and stock up on them).

I'm always Scouting because you never know when you're going to need 19 Relics or Solve 23 Encounters or need a specific Relic to upgrade a Bonus or make a Magic Spell. And along with Scouting I try to Solve at least 1 Encounter every day because before you know it, you find yourself having gained enough Provinces to get an Expansion.

I always leave myself room...at least 1 5x5 square plus miscellaneous space. Right now, I have approximately 5-5x5 squares of space to work with AND 2 Expansions I haven't used. I took the time out after Orcs to do some serious upgrading and rearranging because I was anticipating that my space/production requirements for Woodelves would be equally or more and want to be better prepared.

And of course, you have to look forward. I have a spreadsheet that let's me track how much of what I need and how much of it I can produce realistically. I've also gone looking at other folk's places to see what the buildings look like, placement and amount.

Elvenar is a game of strategy, it's not a race. If you want to go 'fast', go play Grand Theft Auto or Grand Turismo.

edeba

Look at the tech tree a little closer... You can do all the woodelves tech upgrades before the guest race so I think doing the tech tree to that point is a better idea... You end up with a lot more power per square for your buildings and the rewards from the events are enormously better in the woodelves than in the orcs.

DeletedUser7894

Look at the tech tree a little closer... You can do all the woodelves tech upgrades before the guest race so I think doing the tech tree to that point is a better idea... You end up with a lot more power per square for your buildings and the rewards from the events are enormously better in the woodelves than in the orcs.

Yeah...that was a little weird, but as noted, there is an advantage to doing the upgrades first before building all the other stuff.

DeletedUser4372

i play on 2 accounts and i feed my other ancients daily. i will NOT buy expansions. I was buying them until they lied some stupid about wanting the game to be fair so they tripled thier cost. they can choke on them.

DeletedUser3220

I will have to come back to this thread and read more later. As is I'm feeling this game isn't worth my time or money anymore.
What has happen to the great Elvenar I started? I understand some changes needed but to have changed this much saddens me. It makes me thankful that I have not invested a lot of real money. I will never get back the time lost on this game but I don't plan to lose much more. It has gone way too far in wanting us to use all our resources to participate in tournaments, events and, adventures only so that (1) we can't grow our cities at a comfortable rate and/or (2) get very far in the rest of the activities without using diamonds and lots of them. But, I guess that is what Innogames is wanting.