• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So many questions

Elf Alvin

2 more questions
1) I've done all the research up to Whispering Tree's (have not unlocked 2, working on getting their resources) but Whispering Tree's (WT) won't open to research. What am I missing?
2) I've been adding marble mfg, upgrading everything. I am not sure what to prioritize. I have enough space to place magic academy (MA)& I have a wise Golam in storage. Space is a premium as I'm a bit slow with encounters bc of resources & I only have 2 types of renewable soldiers. Will MA help significantly with resource development or should I keep focusing on basics?

3) I admit to buying 3 plank mfg. I know advice 8s to focus on boosted resources but impatient elf here. Tempted to buy steel mfg but limited space gives me pause.
What do you recommend? You all have been so kind helpful & knowledgeable. I appreciate it.

NightshadeCS

If you have put all of the KP into a research and it will not unlock, then you are short some other item that it requires to unlock. As I am past that research, I cannot see what it requires, but is could be tools, coins, planks, marble, steel, etc. You should be able to look at it (hover or click) and see something listed in red.

I think the Magic Academy is a must have and would place it as soon as you can. That is also one of the buildings I suggest using diamonds to improve.

You're right, the best advice is to only build your boosted, clear provinces on your boosted good to get a better boost percentage, and trade, trade, trade. You should not have to wait long for your trades to be taken up by others. Don't wait to find trades that you can take, but place trades to keep your inventory even.

Elf Alvin

It won't even open to do research, I have a # of KP and nowhere to put it.

Attachments

• 20200828_152634.png
    20200828_152634.png
    714.3 KB · Views: 75

Iamaita

It won't even open to do research, I have a # of KP and nowhere to put it.
You have to research steel to unlock the whispering trees research.

As far as nonboosted goods... it’s a lot easier to trade for things once you are in an active fellowship. Otherwise you are just dependent on neighbors, and if you are in a slow section of the map it can take a while. I also built nonboosted manufactories early in the game, and I feel like it helped me a lot in the very beginning when trades were just sitting there for days. I sold them once trade speed picked up.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You say you have a Wise Golem in storage. How many Golem artifacts did you win in the event? If you have a number of these available to evolve the Wise Golem, then putting it down would be very beneficial. An highly evolved Wise Golem will give you free mage units and free goods every day. Even if you are so early in the game that you can't train mage units yet, the Golem will still give them to you. If you are wondering where the Golem artifacts are, they should be in you spell inventory under "instants."

Iamaita

I have enough space to place magic academy (MA)& I have a wise Golam in storage. Space is a premium as I'm a bit slow with encounters bc of resources & I only have 2 types of renewable soldiers. Will MA help significantly with resource development or should I keep focusing on basics?
The magic academy will let you produce enchantments that will increase the output from your workshops or manufactories or give you an extra culture boost from neighborly help. It does take up a ridiculous amount of room, the enchantments take a while to produce, and you can also receive these enchantments when you give neighborly help and from participating in tournaments. I didn’t really get much of a benefit from the magic academy until I unlocked the spire and had more materials to use in crafting. Now it’s super useful. I get so many enchantments from other places that I only produce combining catalysts to craft more things.

If you have a goal to place it, then you might think about doing it right away to finish the goal and access the next goal. Completing those goals is a nice little boost of resources especially early in the game, and it sort of gives you a guide of what to do next if you aren’t sure.

AtaguS

I have to agree with @NightshadeCS about the magic academy. It is worth the space it takes up and worth the diamonds even if you have them, to upgrade. Once you have a working academy you have access to spells and crafting which make everything else you are trying to accomplish easier - which will eventually lead to getting more space.

I have seen smallers cities get by in the beginning by building non-boosted goods if they couldn't find a fs fast enough, or were surrounded by dead cities. Keep in mind some fs have a requirement that you only build your boosts because they want to balance their trading...but that's something you can talk to the archmage about when you apply, etc. It is a slower road, and I think at a certain point you'll benefit from tearing them down and sticking to your boosts...but the great thing about this game is that it can be played lots of ways and you get to decided.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have to agree with @NightshadeCS about the magic academy. It is worth the space it takes up and worth the diamonds even if you have them, to upgrade. Once you have a working academy you have access to spells and crafting which make everything else you are trying to accomplish easier - which will eventually lead to getting more space.
I agree it is worth spending diamonds on to upgrade for an advanced player. But a newer player probably does not have enough relics to keep an advanced Magic Academy going. I would not advise a new player to take the MA past level 2 until they have done at least a full cycle of tournaments and have built up a stockpile of relics to use.

Elf Alvin

You say you have a Wise Golem in storage. How many Golem artifacts did you win in the event? If you have a number of these available to evolve the Wise Golem, then putting it down would be very beneficial. An highly evolved Wise Golem will give you free mage units and free goods every day. Even if you are so early in the game that you can't train mage units yet, the Golem will still give them to you. If you are wondering where the Golem artifacts are, they should be in you spell inventory under "instants."
I have 2 wise golam artifacts. I also have several advanced fighting creatures. If you win a battle in encounters does that mean your fighters survive the encounter? I haven't found a place where I can track how many I have, except for the start of an encounter battle. I just keep training them. I would prefer to keep the advanced ones alive so would be careful of the fights i choose.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have 2 wise golam artifacts. I also have several advanced fighting creatures. If you win a battle in encounters does that mean your fighters survive the encounter? I haven't found a place where I can track how many I have, except for the start of an encounter battle. I just keep training them. I would prefer to keep the advanced ones alive so would be careful of the fights i choose.
If you are wondering how many troops you have, open your barracks and click on the tab that says army camp. It will pull up the screen that gives your troop inventory.

AtaguS

If you win a battle in encounters does that mean your fighters survive the encounter?
Even if you win an encounter, your fighters may suffer a few losses. As each encounter ends, there should be a pop up window saying Victory, and then an inventory showing your troop losses for that encounter.
Pardon the wonky arrows...
Opera Snapshot_2020-08-28_224027_us2.elvenar.com.png