• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So...what's actually on sale here?

qaccy

Just logged in and had this 'exclusive offer' greet me.

1588855413380.png

The thing that's rubbing me kinda the wrong way about it is, ironically, the 'discount'. What's actually being discounted here? As far as I'm aware, these things normally can't be bought anyway so it feels like a sham tactic to rip people off trick people into thinking they're getting some sort of deal because of the 'slashed prices'. Am I wrong? Feel free to be as snarky as you like if you're going to correct me here, since I'm probably irrationally bothered by this.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I took a look at the same offer and did a double take on the huge amount of diamonds they cost. Then I went to my MA and found both a 25 percent supply instant and a 15% coin instant that I could get for CCs and spell frags, both of which are easy to get tons of in the spire. While I do understand that this is for three instead of one, it's still ridiculous. I could get enough spell frags and CCs in one day in the spire, without spending any diamonds, to buy the 1000 diamond package listed here. I thought at first I misread the price, I was that stunned.

Kawhi is a Raptor

That's what I was thinking. How can something that's not always for sale in the first place be discounted? There's nowhere to buy 3 50% supply instants in-game for 1200 diamonds, so wouldn't this just be a normal price? Where are these numbers coming from?

this reminds me of the fallout 76 50% off for christmas emoticons scandal which they had to halt because the practice was illegal in many countries

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I would never buy these things, and I did not get the offer at all, but considering the ridiculous value in diamonds that Inno places on things, like the cost of coins and supplies in diamonds if you are short, compared to that, these are a "bargain". For example, I am just under 4 million coins short of having enough for a research and the cost to auto-complete is 326 diamonds. 4 million coins is a little less than what a 10% coin rain would give me, so buying 3 15% coin rains gives a lot more coins for just a few more diamonds. And when you look at the "original" price and divide by three, you get 140 diamonds for one 15% coin rain. That is still way cheaper in diamonds for those coins when compared to the in-game cost for my missing coins. So yeah, these are horrible deals to us, but to Inno and their crazy diamond costs in-game, they are good deals.

This is one of those things that should be in a permanent diamond item shop and not a random pop-up sale. If you are in a one in a million situation where you need to complete something immediately, and have no other sources left, then buying this is cheaper than auto-completing for diamonds, but you can't buy it because there is no premium store to go to, while practically every other free-to-play game out there has one.

qaccy

this reminds me of the fallout 76 50% off for christmas emoticons scandal which they had to halt because the practice was illegal in many countries

Yeah, I was actually thinking of that specific instance when I made this post. Seems like pretty much the same thing. Present the offer as a 'discount' to get people to impulse buy it (because it's a 'deal') when there's really nothing special about it at all other than it's not always available for purchase. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth really.

DeletedUser25004

you are right, it is false adverticing! Inno should know better. @Nightguest does this count as a bug? or whats the deal here