• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So... where are the traders?

DeletedUser27062

Quick question... I left a fellowship in Khelonaar 2 days ago and joined another and since then I only have a single trader listed and their offerings are waaaay beyond my need. I haven't been playing all that long, like 6 weeks but have multiple profiles/cities and have never seen such an empty trade list - literally one listing.
Any clue as to what's going on? TYIA for any help.

Screenshot_20201022-090328.png

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Eudaemonia Is the fellowship active in other areas? For example: are you getting help visits from FS members, are players communicating in chat, are players doing the tournament, and when you post trades, does somebody accept them? If the answer is no to all 4 of these questions then it is possible you have joined a mostly inactive fellowship.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Also, trading is best worked as an active strategy. Don't sit around and wait for the perfect trade to appear, post your own trades for what you need. You mentioned in your original post that the only available trades were too big for you. Large, advanced players tend to post large trades simply because they are dealing with large quantities of goods. That does not mean that they won't accept small trades from FS members or neighbors when they see them.

DeletedUser27062

Also, trading is best worked as an active strategy. Don't sit around and wait for the perfect trade to appear, post your own trades for what you need. You mentioned in your original post that the only available trades were too big for you. Large, advanced players tend to post large trades simply because they are dealing with large quantities of goods. That does not mean that they won't accept small trades from FS members or neighbors when they see them.
Thanks for your response Henroo. I should have been more clear I think. Here's a little backfill.

The fellowship is small but active as I receive help from the players and am able to give it back. I also receive help from neighbours on my map. The last two fellowships I was in were very inactive but the trade list was always full of various offerings and I never had any problems trading. Yes, I'm fairly new but I am prolific - I have 5 profiles and about 17 cities - some on the US server, others on the international one. There is method to my madness; Each profiles has a main city with additional cities for training and trying out different strategies. Elvenar doesn't offer the best learning curve for learning how to fight and I trashed my first army which crippled my city as I was left having to negotiate everything. The US market offers better add-on packages than the international market hence the server split and I've established cities in different lands to see if they perform differently. In every fellowship I am an active participant so my mass building isn't detrimental to the elvenar community.

In the six weeks since I joined I have never seen a trade list that didn't have pages and pages of offerings. I get around any supply shortage by buying up trades for popular goods I don't need/can't produce and trade them for things I need. I never offer 1 star trades. As for the problem above I have had 20 trades (20 steel for 20 marble etc) sitting in the trade list for 2 days untouched so I'm assuming others outside of my fellowship can't see them. My fellowship members can see mine but I can't see theirs. They have offered to pick up my trades even though they don't need them but it doesn't resolve the issue I'm having. The problem is present both on PC and in the android app.

I'm wondering if this is a glitch in the system, a dry spot in the trading market or some sort of cool-down for trading when shifting from one fellowship to another.

DeletedUser27062

It might be punitive.
I wondered that but as I'm not putting out 1 star trades I didn't see that I was doing anything wrong - just a little creative trading with win/win solutions. Surely Inno would warn me if my trading was a problem though, right?

kctanzen

I do quite a few production cycles, at least 4, usually 5 and every now and then 6 a day.
I am also lucky to be in a very active trading neighborhood and fellowship.
So, this strategy may not work for smaller overall production or less active trading partners.

What works for me is trading about half to 2/3 of each cycle (I only do boosted goods factories, other than event sets as needed) for the other 2 goods in that tier. I split them up into 6 or 8 buckets each, to keep the amounts reasonable and if neighbors / fellows ask, also post smaller or larger amounts if I can. I usually do even trades, though sometimes I add a premium if I need the other goods or have a large supply myself.
Over time, that piles up pretty well.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Does your fellowship have a large member who might be taking trades often? I am archmage and the largest player in one of my fellowships. I try to clean the trader of all fellowship trades in the morning and in the evening in order to help the smaller players out. Could something similar to this be happening and that is why you are not seeing many trades?

Kekune

The last two fellowships I was in were very inactive but the trade list was always full of various offerings and I never had any problems trading
My hunch here was like Henroo suggests, above: that you don't see trades in your new group precisely *because* they're active traders. If trades get taken quickly, they aren't there to see. But a less active group will have pages of trades because they're sitting around for days on end.

But on re-reading your post, I'm not certain. Sounds like you're confident your fellows have trades up, and you can't see them? That shouldn't happen (unless they're sentient goods, which don't kick in until ch12).

I'm wondering if this is a glitch in the system, a dry spot in the trading market or some sort of cool-down for trading when shifting from one fellowship to another.
Two days isn't that weird, in my experience. Some neighbors are great trade partners, many are not. But there's no cooldown. If you can't see trades that you are certain are posted within your fellowship, I'd suggest contacting support.

DeletedUser27062

I do quite a few production cycles, at least 4, usually 5 and every now and then 6 a day.
I am also lucky to be in a very active trading neighborhood and fellowship.
So, this strategy may not work for smaller overall production or less active trading partners.

What works for me is trading about half to 2/3 of each cycle (I only do boosted goods factories, other than event sets as needed) for the other 2 goods in that tier. I split them up into 6 or 8 buckets each, to keep the amounts reasonable and if neighbors / fellows ask, also post smaller or larger amounts if I can. I usually do even trades, though sometimes I add a premium if I need the other goods or have a large supply myself.
Over time, that piles up pretty well.
We think alike. I figured out pretty quickly the need to budget my supplies. I know what to expect from my next cycle and only produce boosted goods. A couple of my cities have just started tier 3 goods so I'm cutting back my tier 1 goods once production per square of tier 2 exceeds tier 1. This frees up space and resources to develop tier 3 stuff. The off-trading of goods I couldn't produce really helped save my butt a few times. Having a nest egg of elixir or gems meant I had resources that didn't get gobbled up by quests or negotiations as those are mostly for goods I produce anyway. It also meant I was able to help out fellowship members and neighbours by taking a trade of theirs even if I didn't produce those goods.

It's this strategic planning that I love about Elvenar. ... that and the pretty things :)

DeletedUser27062

1. No, Inno will not say anything to you no matter what sort of trades you are taking or posting.

2. Sometimes the trader is empty. There were lots of times (pre-sentients) that I saw an empty trader window.
I'm glad it's not just me then :) I'll give it a week or so and see if things improve.

DeletedUser27062

I would hope so. I was actually thinking it might be neighbors who noticed and FS members.

Edit to ask: this is just one city on one server right?

Yes. I have three cities in Khelonaar (3 separate profiles, all US server) but only one of them is having this problem and it's only been since I moved fellowships. The new fellowship only has 3 members, all very low level and people I know (I'm trying a new strategy to see how it affects city growth). We are all daily players. The work around I'm using at the moment is to get one of the fellows to take my trades which they then put up for trades as they have a full list of available trades in their trader.

DeletedUser27062

Does your fellowship have a large member who might be taking trades often? I am archmage and the largest player in one of my fellowships. I try to clean the trader of all fellowship trades in the morning and in the evening in order to help the smaller players out. Could something similar to this be happening and that is why you are not seeing many trades?
All the members are at the same or very similar levels. There's only 3 of us (friends of mine). The thing is, why is the trader list full for them but empty for me? I'm having to get one of the fellows to take my trades and repost them. It's the only way I can get the stuff I need at the moment.

DeletedUser27062

Sounds like you're confident your fellows have trades up, and you can't see them?
Yes, exactly. They've sent me screenshots of the trader and their listed goods whilst my trader shows nothing or just that single trade as shown in the picture.