• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

So... where are the traders?

Iyapo1

If you have screenshots of trades posted by your fellowship members that you cannot see, contact in game support.

Screenshots of what is available in their trader mean nothing as you have different neighbors. You can only see trades by your neighbors and your fellowship.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Yes, exactly. They've sent me screenshots of the trader and their listed goods whilst my trader shows nothing or just that single trade as shown in the picture.

Are you sure you arent mixing up there trader list and yours?
You only see all trades from your fellowship and the nearest 250 players around your city.

This means that each player has there own "list of trades" as each player has different neighbours

the only exception to this are sentient goods.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
All the members are at the same or very similar levels. There's only 3 of us (friends of mine). The thing is, why is the trader list full for them but empty for me? I'm having to get one of the fellows to take my trades and repost them. It's the only way I can get the stuff I need at the moment.

Included in the trade list are their neighbors. If they have active neighbors it may be that those neighbors are taking their trades too. If so then that would explain why you have to make arrangements. I regularly empty the board for my neighbors and my fellowship and since I'm her 5-6 times a day I "overdue" it quite often. From this conversation I'm wondering if a person can be too aggressive in taking trades. I've never thought about leaving what I can take behind.

AJ

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
It's not only a lack of fellowship trades you are seeing. Your neighborhood is obviously not full of active traders. I find it a bit hard to believe that every single trade is getting picked up that quickly. Not even trades by people you haven't discovered yet.... I hope you get a better neighborhood.

DeletedUser27062

It's not only a lack of fellowship trades you are seeing. Your neighborhood is obviously not full of active traders. I find it a bit hard to believe that every single trade is getting picked up that quickly. Not even trades by people you haven't discovered yet.... I hope you get a better neighborhood.
Yes. Apparently when I left my old fellowship to join the new one I was also 'moved' to a new neighbourhood. From my visits to the new neighbours I believe most are abandoned and the few that aren't (like 1 or 2) are big players offering 10k+ trades and even then they appear to not play every day. I think new players are literally starving to death in my neighbourhood, and, unable to trade they just stop playing. I'm having to rely on the wholesale trader to get things I need when my fellowship mates can't help.

I think this is where Inno has an obligation to fix a fatal flaw. Either move me again, clear dead/abandoned cities to make way for new ones, or provide dummy traders that put up and take trades based on a supply and demand algorithm.

I've tried to be creative in finding a solution and have even started messaging the big players I come across and asking them to take my trades. This is my "pretty please" message I send out.

"Howdy neighbour, I was wondering if you could please keep an eye out for my itsy bitsy trades and pick them up if they're useful. I'm dying out here. It seems I'm stuck between big players and abandoned cities so have no one to trade with. I've already warned the elves we might have to start laying them off if things don't pick up which is doing nothing for their morale. Normally this is the part where I'd sweeten the deal with liquor or baked goods but it seems prohibition is in effect and everyone is on a diet. However, no good deed is ever forgotten and you have my word that as soon as I have AW technology I'll show you just how grateful I can be.

Kindest regards"

Hopefully this approach will work for me.

BrinDarby

@Eudaemonia ,
Did I read right..... ???
(3) cities on same server ????? can u say multi-accounting ?????
I can only assume you have 3 IP address's, and 3 email accounts..... otherwise
Inno shudda caught the blatent multi-accounting......

If 2 of your cities, using the same computer/device, don't have the problem
yet 1 does, then its not you or the game, its your neighborhood/FS thats different.