• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Social Interaction

BrinDarby

ok, so 5 days in ...

Is there any realtime, social aspect to Elvenar ??? I'd like to get to know ppl before
joining a fellowship. I'd like to know how this server is structured. I have a bunch
of questions that require realtime chat .... is there ANY HERE ???????
Can we even see who's online, so we can better interact with neighbors ??
Is there combat, with other players, will my city be attacked ??

The last time based, building/expansion mmo I played, atleast had a robust chat.
So that while you watched the paint dry, you had something to do and ppl to
talk to, within the game.

BrinD

Alpha Lyrae

ok, so 5 days in ...

Is there any realtime, social aspect to Elvenar ??? I'd like to get to know ppl before
joining a fellowship. I'd like to know how this server is structured. I have a bunch
of questions that require realtime chat .... is there ANY HERE ???????
Can we even see who's online, so we can better interact with neighbors ??
Is there combat, with other players, will my city be attacked ??

The last time based, building/expansion mmo I played, atleast had a robust chat.
So that while you watched the paint dry, you had something to do and ppl to
talk to, within the game.

BrinD

You will need to join a fellowship for real time chat. There is a section here in the forum for Fellowships Seeking Players. You can also post a little about what you're looking for in the Players Seeking Fellowships section.

Your town will never be attacked. No worries there. Battles are against the computer in 3 places:

1. In provinces you can battle to expand your World Map, though fighting there is difficult in the beginning
2. In the weekly Tournaments, which also takes place on the World Map. You will need to be in a fellowship to participate in tournaments.
3. In the Spire. You get access to the Spire at chapter 3, I think.

I hope you'll stick with it! Finding a good fellowship is key to the game, IMO. Keep looking until you find the right fit!

Crow Last Elf

ok, so 5 days in ...

joining a fellowship.

To add to @Alpha Lyrae 's suggestions, look for a f/s that actively participates in fellowship adventures, the tournaments and/or the Spire, more communication and co-ordination is required to achieve team goals. These players are much more likely to talk regularly to one another, imo.

It is hard to get to know a f/s before you join, but you are free to leave at any time to find the right one for you. If members of the f/s also participate on the forum, you can get a sense of them from their posts. Also, posting what you are looking for in the forum "members seeking fellowships" should help make clear what you are looking for. Also, strike up a conversation via ingame email to the archmage of f/s you are targeting. F/S looking for keen players will be happy to engage with you via email. If they don't, that tells you they may not be as active as you like.

Also, type /who in the chat dialog box to see who in your f/s is on. It doesn't give you info beyond your f/s.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
To add to the above:
You can also check out the FS on ElvenStats to make sure they aren't just full of inactive members. Search using the Fellowships tab at the top, then scroll down to the member's list. If there's a black triangle next to a name, hover there and it will tell you the last time that city had a score change. If there's only 1-2 members with a black triangle, they could be having rl issues that are known by the FS and their spot is being held. If there's a bunch of them and the last score change was months ago, they're probably not a good fit.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Just to add to all the great advice you have already received, you need to realize this isn't a game like BDO or WOW. Some fellowships probably have a discord channel to talk, but there is no global chat like there is in FoE. It's a bit difficult to interact, but a wonderful neighbor of mine created a neighborhood chat mail that we are all really taking advantage of, which is something you might consider doing as you 'discover' more cities. That way, you'll find the people who will engage and help and you'll be able to identify the more casual or absent players as well.

BrinDarby

By design , I have NO social media ... no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... none of it.....
I interact in game, FoE is app only, so thats a no-go ... I tried this cause it was just in-browser.
I don't believe in 3rd party anything, not happy elvenstats or elvenarchitect are 3rd party.

I'm guessing that in a Fellowship, there's max 10 ppl to talk with across 24 hrs of a day.
Thats not enuff for me... I need 30-50 ppl always in the chat, or more. Having a question
and waiting 6-8 hrs for a response in forum/msgs, is pointless too. Sometimes the only
thing that does a player any good, is an answer NOW, not 6 hrs from now....

I hope Elvenar sees this and understands just how important basic chat is in a game where
most of the time, you're sittn here waiting for the paint to dry, you need something to do.
BrinD

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah you will want to join an active FS. There are 25 spots in a Fellowship, so if you find an active almost full FS you will have someone on most of the time. You can always come here to the forums if you have a question, there is usually a few on at any time of the day here. Good luck!!

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
By design , I have NO social media ... no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... none of it.....
I interact in game, FoE is app only, so thats a no-go ... I tried this cause it was just in-browser.
I don't believe in 3rd party anything, not happy elvenstats or elvenarchitect are 3rd party.

I'm guessing that in a Fellowship, there's max 10 ppl to talk with across 24 hrs of a day.
Thats not enuff for me... I need 30-50 ppl always in the chat, or more. Having a question
and waiting 6-8 hrs for a response in forum/msgs, is pointless too. Sometimes the only

I hope Elvenar sees this and understands just how important basic chat is in a game where
most of the time, you're sittn here waiting for the paint to dry, you need something to do.
BrinD

I understand about the absence of social media and the suspicion of third party apps. I'm not a big cheerleader for those things either, but Elvenstats is a very useful tool as is elvenarchitect. Gems of Knowledge is an info site and is third party and very useful. Wiki and Forums are attached not a third party, from my understanding, they are a part of Inno.

FoE is a browser game, by the way, just like this.

Alpha Lyrae

Having a question

There is a ton of information here and on the wiki (neither are third party). You only need to look. It's rare that a new question comes up on the forum, so most questions you have are probably already answered here.

I'm sorry you're "not happy" with players who love the game so much that they decided to dedicate their time and energy to give us useful tools not provided by Inno (Elvengems, Elvenstats, elvenarchitect...). /s

BrinDarby

Alpha Lyrea,
I don't wanna talk down to anyone or come across harshly.... but..
Wiki is notorious for a hangout for hackers, I refuse to access anything wiki.
ElvenArchitect is pointless cause I need to have the filter for +% ( the 170% )
thingy to work and it doesn't, nor will it import my city plan. Elvenstats seems
to be mostly worthless too...1/2 the stuff there don't work either.

I don't want/need to ask a Q, and wait 4-6-8 hrs ,then ask the followup question
that was based on the orig answer, then wait another 4-6-8 hrs for a answer.
I need live chat, and if there's X# of active players then I wanna interact with
ALL of them, not just the 25 ppl in a FS.

Its ok, since I'm stuck, its only gonna take a few days for me to get upset enuff
to just walk away. Since support is a email only option, then I will NEVER be
able to access support either....

I just started level 2 research, and every building is max'd out... my next expansion
just gives me room for Magic thingy 5x5, so really I have to complete 8 more provinces
to get any usable space... Since I can't win a battle, that seems almost impossible
to get unstuck and since attackers revert in #s, rather than players being able to
whittle away attackers just to complete a square....

If all I want is to play a building game ALONE, I'll just go buy a non-online game
and play that. I don't understand why there's no ingame econ, I don't understand
that if you lose 6 hrs ( 5 racks ) of fighters attacking a square, and the next time
they magically get more ppl making it just as impossible to attack the 2nd/3rd time.
I don't understand why it takes getting research to lvl 4 just so you can have the 5
basic types of fighters, there are 15 fighter types it seems, I can see waiting for the
6-10 or 11-15 groups of figters, but if all you get are 2 types of fighters and your
opponent is the the same, yet they have 3x more fighters, then you can't win that fight.

I'd like to give Elvenar a chance, the last game like this I played I spent almost 5 years
playing, only to have my entire account wiped out because I wasn't part of an alliance,
so 5 years of hard work went down the drain in 2 days.... I quit the day after that. So
its better to just understand there is no place for me here quickly, not investing
2-3 months, only to quit then with the same issues.

I just need some basic information and I can't get it.... can you understand that ??
( and I want to be social.... Elvenar seems NOT to be a social game )
BrinDarby

Crow Last Elf

@BrinDarby , you have the option of building 8 cities with the same email account, 9 if you include Beta. If you joined a fs with say 20 other people in each, that's 180 other people.

Since you are new, your questions are going to be easy to answer in the beginning. No waiting. Pick each of your fs wisely since you are unable to use online resources to teach yourself. Let your prospective fs know that they have the opportunity to teach you everything about the game, so that they are prepared to devote to you the time you deserve.

If you want to interact with all 5,000 active people on each server, you can do so by dominating the leaderboards for the individual score, overall fellowship score, tournament, spire, and fellowship adventure. Go from fs to fs, offering your talents and keep in touch with former teammates as you move around. I would suggest using a discord channel, but..third party

Last edited:

Alpha Lyrae

I just started level 2 research, and every building is max'd out... my next expansion
just gives me room for Magic thingy 5x5, so really I have to complete 8 more provinces
to get any usable space...

I took a look at your town. I see that you've constructed marble, steel and planks manufactories. The game assigns each player a "boosted" good from each tier. So, in tier one (marble, planks, steel), you have one boosted good. You will produce more of this good than any other. It's recommended in the beginning to only construct your boosted manufactories, then trade for the other goods. In Chapter 1 of the tech tree, you will see a "[Marble/Steel/Planks] Production Boost" tech card (it will only be one of those). This is your boosted good. You can also see your boosted goods by clicking on the Main Hall. All standard goods are listed. Your boosted good(s) will be highighted in yellow.

Edit: Only building your boosted good manufactories will allso free up space. Another way to save space is to align buildings along roads using the short side.

There's also a great guide here in the forum by @Mykan . You can find it here.

I hope that helps to get you started. There are several players here in the forum that play by themselves. I'm sure they'll have more tips for you as a singular player.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

Well Alpha,
Untill I have bigger workshops, this plan was most efficient. I already see that I need 2 axis's because residences work better 1 way and workshops the other as they get bigger, but I have already have figured out where my next expansion needs to be, after the 5x5 MA.

I did see that its recommended to only produce 1 good, but with absent neighbors, big players who deal in 2000, 3000, 5000 goods @ a time, seem not to take feeble 25 & 50 offers even if they are not optimal. 1300 coins for player help means nothing, but an xtra 50 goods right now is cruical... After revolutionizing another game's Econ, if I stay here expect me to be no slouch @ Econ..... also I'm making enough tools/coins, that that is part of my plan... buy 2 racks of the non boosted goods per day minimum for cheap, even to me...

If you notice, I have a handle on non road bearing buildings too, and my culture boats are perfectly set up once I get the next 4x3 wispering thingy.... I'm proud of how efficient my city is, and after such a short period of time. I apriciate the help tho, I will keep it under advisement.
Brin D

Alpha Lyrae

I did see that its recommended to only produce 1 good, but with absent neighbors, big players who deal in 2000, 3000, 5000 goods @ a time, seem not to take feeble 25 & 50 offers even if they are not optimal. 1300 coins for player help means nothing, but an xtra 50 goods right now is cruical...

The coins from player help may mean nothing, but you can build a rapport with a neighbor with daily visits. If the player is actively returning your neighbourly help, then you can probably count on them to take your trades. I recommend striking up a conversation. I happily take tiny trades from new players whenever I open the trader, but I don't need to use the trader daily. I've told a couple of my neighbors to feel free to message me if they have a trade that needs accepting. Perhaps, you can work something similar out with a neighbor. Most players would be happy to help.

shimmerfly

@BrinDarby
Don't foget there is a "Search" here in the forum (upper right of your screen). If you use the advanced search you will find more of course.
The Beginner's Guides have a wealth of info.
Most of us had tons of questions so most aer eager to help. Stick with your 3 boosted maufactories for now. It will save you Pop, culture and space.
Taking your time is key. The more often you post trades the better they are accepted so post daily even if they are small. Your neighbors will see the effort and start taking them more often especially if they are 2-3 star and within the same tier.
Good luck and have fun! It sounds like your already commited to learn.