• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Solstice Event - Sequential Quests Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted User - 312108
  • Start date

Deleted User - 312108

Okay, so given my general burnt-out feeling regarding events and more specifically dissatisfaction with the solstice event, I did want to break down some of my thoughts in regards to the sequential quest line. I have a couple broad category items and then want to go into more specifics regarding the quests themselves. Depending on how long this gets I may try to break this apart into separate posts. So here goes:

#1 - Lack of variety in sequential quests
This one, I am broadly counting by types as in craft tier 1, craft workshop, etc AND I am also citing some data from the previous events. The repetitive nature of the quests leads me to a great deal of boredom with them.
So for this last event, we've made 35 beverages, 31 tools, 61 bread, 49 whatever the 3 hour one is, 49 9 hour and 39 1 day work shop productions. Tier 1 boosted, 53 3 hour, 45 9 hour, 37 1 day and 9 2 day... in addition we've bought 157 KP (unless you took the OR option), collected 72 relics and 26 enchants as well as 38 catalysts, 89 vapor and 5800 spell fragments... then there are encounters... 104 regular or 520 tourney.
Differences between Solstice and Phoenix 3 quest types added, 8 removed.
There were Carnival quests that were not present in Phoenix or Solstice and given the sheer number (and the need for all t1 factories) I am not going to detail them other than the table.
upload_2019-6-27_21-36-23.png

#2 - Scalability
Okay, here I am referring to both based on chapter level, but also race and boosted.

upload_2019-6-27_21-37-3.png

The reason I highlight this is at lower levels (basically below 9 where everything seems the same) is that in Chapter 5 a elf or human with planks has a very different number of factories. The level 1 difference also means that an elf with planks or marble or a human with marble has an easier time fitting in extra level 1 factories.

Onto the specific quest types
-> Spend KP - easier on browser than mobile given you can donate to others AWs, but otherwise fairly easy.
-> Gain Supplies - again very easy and multiple ways to do so
-> Workshop - Produce n of x hours - Okay I am lumping all of these together. I am glad to see the 5 & 15 minute ones lessened to manageable levels because they were a pain. They are also at such a frequency as to be overwhelming.
-> Buy KP - This is one I personally hate, mostly because I don't like to buy KP, I'd like to see some of these switched to "Gain KP' which has the benefit of promoting things like the bemoaned carting library.
-> Gain Coins - Again a nice easy one and one we did not see enough of
-> Gain Enchantments - This was another one I loathed, mostly due to randomness and the fact that I was using my Magic Academy to produce & collect Combining Catalysts. I'd like to see some of these switched back to Gain/Use Enchantments and Gain/Use Spells which I think included coin rain and windfalls
-> Research Technology - maybe a little too frequent at 13, but given it was always an OR no strong feelings on it.
-> Collect Vision Vapor - Same as Research Technology at 7 times a little frequent, but it was an OR option.
-> Produce Tier 1 Boosts - I think it was the quantities of these that might have made them more aggravating as I do not normally mind them. After my last city reconfigure I did not have space to add all sorts of T1 factories.
-> Upgrade Buildings & Scout Provinces - These were another OR option so no complaints on them
-> Complete Provinces - As long as you didn't complete all of the provinces when you were collecting relics or doing encounters these were easy. I am just uncertain for those at upper levels if they were able to do this quest or not? Are there folks who have no more provinces available to complete?
-> Solve Encounters/Tourney Encounters - the numbers that we did to a total of 104 encounters was excessive. I know for higher level players tourney encounters may not be a big deal, but this may also be a matter of timing. For smaller (Chapter 1-5) players, these could be show stoppers.
-> Recruit Units - No complaints

Removed quests that I wouldn't mind returning:
Train Units - the difference between this and recruit was it has to come from your barracks etc vs. one of those that produces without supplies.
Accept or Place Trade Offers
Collect/Use Spells
Use Enchantments
Fight & Win an Encounter (or 4 Tourney Encounters)
Move Building!
Gain Tier 1 (not necessarily boosted)

Quests I would like to see added
Perform Neighborly Help

DeletedUser

Train Units
Collect/Use Spells
Use Enchantments
Solve Encounter or Solve Tournament Encounters
Move Building
Perform Neighborly Help

We have those in the Queen Of All The Seas mini-event that starts on Live July 3rd.

Deleted User - 312108

Yes, I have noticed, it makes me hopeful for the future, although I think some of them appeared as Daily quests and I did not account for those.

DeletedUser23078

Train Units - the difference between this and recruit was it has to come from your barracks etc vs. one of those that produces without supplies.
Collect/Use Spells
Use Enchantments
Move Building!

Quests I would like to see added
Perform Neighborly Help

Some of them weren't removed:
As for the Accept/Place Trade quest I remember I did both. The same for the Enchantments, once I was told to use Power of Provision.

Anyway the event was really boring due, in my opinion, to the prize buildings that were mostly culture ones.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Collect/Use Spells
Use Enchantments
Move Building!

Just going through these.
1. Train Units- Collecting from AW always could be used to fulfill this regardless of whether it said train or recruit.
2. Accept or Place Trade, Move Building- These can be resolved in a few seconds. They are decent as a placeholder, but do little to ensure difficulty in the quest line.
3. Collect/Use Spells- The reason why Use was deliberately removed from this quest line (they had it momentarily on Beta) is because crafting had a way that could be cancelled of using a spell. Thus this quest could become a trivial use of spending CC and then cancelling.
4. Fight and Win (1 Regular: 4 Tourney). I have no idea why this was made 1:5. I guess a significant number were doing really well in tournaments. As far as fighting, instead of resolving, I think that Inno did not want to bind people to having to use their armies.
5. Gain T1, I am not sure why this was not used in this quest line.

Deleted User - 312108

Hi Dandini, some of them were Daily Quests so they are present just not in the sequential line.

Hi Pheryll, I get increasing the difficulty or making it more significant, but adding some of these just adds more variety. I don't mind the solve encounter quests, it was just excessive and potentially very draining for folks this event.

Fayeanne

Yes, I abandoned the event in one city due to Complete Province with no alternative. Come to think of it, maybe if they let us decline quests in the sequential line and move on to the next, with the downside being that any declined quests are skipped and go away forever and you don't get a second shot at them? (And, obviously, lose out on whatever event currency you would have earned from the declined quest.) Seems like a fairly reasonable trade-off if it means you can at least continue on with the event? (Might be worth allowing for declining dailies as well, once the next daily is available.)

We have those in the Queen Of All The Seas mini-event that starts on Live July 3rd.

Gak! Enough with the rapid-fire events! Give us time to at least recover our breath before the next event hits...!

Deleted User - 312108

They're not a requirement, though. You don't have to do them if you don't want to. I have no problem ignoring events that don't interest me.
But Loki, for some of us who are a little OCD.... we feel compelled.
I admit, I would also like to have the ability to skip some quests. Hopefully they don't bring back make 70 beverages.

DeletedUser

But Loki, for some of us who are a little OCD.... we feel compelled.

I understand that, actually, I am OCD myself. I don't feel the developers need to change the number or frequency of events though.

An "opt-out" button would be helpful perhaps, for those who feel compelled.

DeletedUser19483

An "opt-out" button would be helpful perhaps, for those who feel compelled.
Yah but if they do that we'll have people complaining about how they wish they could rejoin the event and how they should have that button and bla bla bla. Look I'm OCD like hell so when I say if you don't want to do the event or don't like it.....Don't do it. The first time it hurts not to do it but you'll get use to it.

DeletedUser12171

I rather the event just ran, and I choose how involved I want to be, than to have an all-or-nothing scenario. Even if you don't play the whole thing doesn't mean some of the rewards can't be helpful or easy to get

DeletedUser19458

Oh, it's true, we don't have to do the events. I just feel sometimes that if I pass up on a one-time event building, I'll regret it later. (On the other hand, some of those event buildings have cropped up again later, so probably it's not worth fretting over. ;))

When I first joined there was an event running. I didn't even understand what an 'event' was yet but there was a daily prize I saw available: a carting library. I thought it was such a cool little thing to get, but I was only Chapter 1 and too small to cash in on getting it. I was so disappointed I missed it.

So naive ;)