• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Solstice Event Unfair!

DeletedUser1601

I spent $70.00 on the event for splinters so far on my other city. I completed all of the limited quests "which should not had happened btw". I am up to date on the daily quests and complete all of them within a few hours at best of when they open up and I just did the math and ran my numbers and even after winning more splinters 5 times already. In six days when this event ends, I would have to open a 140 chest which are the only chests I open and have opened since at least the third day of this event and receive the 140 or the 200 extra silver splinters 15...count them FIFTEEN TIMES IN A ROW!!!!

In order to get the final Grand Prize. I find this to be extremely unfair to people who are not throwing money at the game to get more splinters. I spent SEVENTY Dollars of my money to help myself get a leg up and get that final grand prize and there is no possible way for me to get the prize, even though I participated the **** out of this contest! No one in my fellowship will win the final prize either and some of our players with large cities and tons of resources.

I have an idea to fix this before its too late though. Reopen continuous quests for this event and make them super easy to complete with nothing to do with quest that require upgrading or collecting goods. Make them give us 200+ silver splinters so we at least have a sliver of a chance at getting the final grand prize. I highly doubt anyone who didn't spend money will have a ghost of a chance of getting the final prize. They will be lucky to get the second one like I did.

DeletedUser3575

@tuluto You're not wrong. It's virtually impossible for a free player to "win" the final grand prize. I've even been luck enough to open a gold chest or two that gave me more splinters, and I won't even touch the second grand prize. What's worse - people who are paying for the moon splinters aren't even guaranteed the daily prize each day. Several in my Fellowship spent the first (and now only) money they've ever spent on the game just to win a particular daily prize, and they didn't get it in several gold chest opens. There's a lot of static about Elvenar becoming pay-to-win on a massive scale, but you can't even pay to actually win in this one, you're only able to pay for a chance to win. That is, in my opinion, pretty wrong.

DeletedUser1766

I got the second grand prize and I have not bought splinters, although I did get some on a buy diamonds get some spinters free. However, now that the daily quest giver has gone I have a mere 80 splinters left and I am only 35 gold orbs into the 3rd prize. I cannot see how you can get it unless you spend about 16000 diamonds and that is just madness. You could buy the giant snail for less than that and get more population and culture. I have no idea how anyone is supposed to have a chance at it.

DeletedUser3707

@tuluto You're not wrong. It's virtually impossible for a free player to "win" the final grand prize. I've even been luck enough to open a gold chest or two that gave me more splinters, and I won't even touch the second grand prize. What's worse - people who are paying for the moon splinters aren't even guaranteed the daily prize each day. Several in my Fellowship spent the first (and now only) money they've ever spent on the game just to win a particular daily prize, and they didn't get it in several gold chest opens. There's a lot of static about Elvenar becoming pay-to-win on a massive scale, but you can't even pay to actually win in this one, you're only able to pay for a chance to win. That is, in my opinion, pretty wrong.

What's also not fair is for us that just started and paid for one of the daily prizes and didn't get it. I still have the two ladies that give tasks on my screen and only 70 splinters left with no chance to win anything. We shouldn't even known about this quest with some just joining the whole game.

DeletedUser915

I am on a fixed income and don't have a lot of money. For me to spend more than a couple of dollar a month is impossible. I have finished all the quests given, spent what money I could and still only half way through the second chest. I had 2 days left on the quest line and NO NEW QUESTS. both "ladies" have disappeared. SO it looks like no more quest (even with time left) and NO way to earn what I need for the other half of the 2nd chest. When this happened in Beta I thought it was a glitch because of them moving players around at the same time. Also when this started they removed some of the regular quests (spend 12 kp) and added buy XX Kps.(this was done 2 times during the quests). This MAKES you spend money, coins or goods. If you are newer to the game and don't have the extra coins, or goods you NEED to spend diamonds.
I have 30 splinters left and no quests to gain any more, I also have 2 days left. No wonder more and more of the people who have played for a while have quit. Guess they got tired of being ripped off.

DeletedUser188

I saved all my splinters and waited for a good daily prize
When the glossy garden appeared I opened 8 gold chests and won 4 gardens
Earned enough sun flares to get first grand prize but also had no non episodic quests left just the daily
So I saved again then the father tree appeared but I only had 50 splinters so I took a chance and opened a bronze chest
To my surprise I won a father tree and after that I was only able to earn enough splinters to open 1 more bronze before the quests ended
I didn't win any extra splinters from opening chests nor did I purchase any
The only chests I opened were 8 gold and 2 bronze
I didn't miss any quest I finished them all
I won the first grand prize and I am not even half way to the second
If someone reached the 2nd prize without diamonds they were extremely lucky
It is impossible to reach 3rd prize without diamonds
That being said I am extremely happy with the prizes I luckily received
Was it fair that I didn't reach the 2nd or 3rd prize ?
Would you believe me if I said yes ?

DeletedUser3312

What's also not fair is for us that just started and paid for one of the daily prizes and didn't get it. I still have the two ladies that give tasks on my screen and only 70 splinters left with no chance to win anything. We shouldn't even known about this quest with some just joining the whole game.

It was ridiculously unfair for new players and fairly easy for advanced players. This entire event was not well thought out. It was an event designed to make money for Inno despite the what the players thought. A profit at all costs venture. And I am sure the frustration by new players will result in them leaving the game. Sadly this could have been such a wonderful event.

joncrichton

Im mad the last quest stopped a couple of days before the end, leaves me 5 suns short of getting the 2nd vnars rock

DeletedUser3312

Im mad the last quest stopped a couple of days before the end, leaves me 5 suns short of getting the 2nd vnars rock

They want you to buy it. I'm 150 short of the 3rd one. ain't gonna happen Inno.

Thistleknot

I am a bit upset at not having a chance to get the 2nd and 3rd grand prizes without spending money. I think there either should have been more quests or more splinters rewarded so that you could get closer to getting at least the 2nd grand prize. And cutting the quests off with two days to go was frustrating. I don't think being more advanced was necessarily an advantage. It takes me anywhere from 36 to 50 hours to scout a new province. Aside from that, I did like the event. I do the regular quests as much as I can. Doing questa to get chance at additional bonuses is nice. Having done something like this before, I saved up my moon splinters to only open the gold chests on days when I saw a daily prize that I wanted to try for. Sometimes I got what I wanted, sometimes I didn't. I do not feel cheated from that stand point. Random chances for prizes is always interesting. I know some people are upset about the prizes having different values depending on what age you are in. I have no problems with this. I only hope that in future events, they offer renovation kits that upgrade the values of these items to your current age. All in all, not bad for their first attempt at this type of event. Hopefully the next one will be better.

DeletedUser627

That being said I am extremely happy with the prizes I luckily received

I am extremely not happy with the prizes I unluckily didn't receive.

We are both precisely where Inno planned for us to be. One very happy. One very unhappy. Don't continue to act perturbed with those who are unhappy: our response is just as much Inno's responsibility as yours is.

As for the gold chests....Inno could have avoided much of the displeasure by being straightforward. "Hey, there are three top prizes, one you can win by participating, the next two will need purchased Splinters, like premium buildings." Instead most players didn't realize in the early/mid stages of the contest - so complaints are coming from players who expected to have the opportunity for the Third - which is a natural expectation, given the lack of facts from Inno.

DeletedUser3312

I love contests in the games I play. I enjoy working towards achievements. I do not enjoy random luck ventures. I do not gamble. I work too hard for my money and odds are never in a players favor. The few winners in Vegas are widely touted. But the vast majority of gamblers not only do not win, they lose badly. So, if Inno wants to put up a gambling type of venture, they should have clearly said so at the beginning of the event. Not let players find out as they go along. Communication is not difficult. The forum has mods able and willing to provide us with clear and precise information. My opinion.... Everyone has a the ability to earn something based on the amount of effort they want to put forth. That is a fair thing. and it should also be level based. Do not expect a new low level player to complete the same quest as someone in chapter 8! As someone said there is the "or" feature in programming... AND there is also the "if, then..." programming... If you are between levels 1 and 3, then.... if between the levels of 4 - 6, then... etc. they did that with the culture levels of the prizes. smiles.. so they easily could have done it with the quests themselves. Hopefully the mods will let the developers know how players feel and the developers will take it as a learning situation and do better by the players next time.

DeletedUser3468

My annoyance has to do with there not being a daily quest for the final day of the contest. I only needed another 20 moon shards to be able to open another gold chest. Sorry now that I wasted my time on the last quest since I never had a chance of accumulating enough points.

DeletedUser3312

but it's better than what I had before they "Gave Us" this event.

I disagree. I would not have done half of the quests asked in the event. the potions... blech... clearing provinces when it was not in my best interests to do as... (I did not have the supplies build up and I cannot win a battle for anything) so it caused a hardship on me. I put off doing other things that I had planned on because I was working my way to obtaining some good culture which is always critical and hard to get at different stages of the game. I believe the game should have events on a regular basis. It keeps players interested and motivated. And they are fun. But!!! the players also expect a pay off for their efforts and this time, payoffs were skewed so that not that many people won and many people paid real money to attempt to win something. It was frustrating when they didn't win.

We are each allowed our own opinion. I know that not everyone feels as I do about this. smiles... But I also know that several do.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't mind that "free" games can be pay to win. It's a business and they need to make money after all. The whole reason that truly free players are allowed in the game is 1. they might pay someday, and 2. they beef up the games population, and give the paying players more people to beat/play with.
That being said, if you can't design a truly F2P model like Path of Exile (all micro transactions are cosmetic only) everything should be possible for free players, just harder to obtain.
In this contest it could easily have been done by continuing the second (non-daily) quest line, and making it progressively harder, so that a dedicated free player could earn enough splinters to buy enough chests to get Venar III.
If something is going to be impossible to obtain like Venar III (less than 1 in a million chance) Then it should simply be added to the culture buildings tab as a straight diamond purchase. Free players don't complain about the other diamond exclusive buildings, so hide it there.

DeletedUser3312

I don't mind that "free" games can be pay to win. It's a business and they need to make money after all.

I agree. It does take money to develop a game. developers have bills just like everyone else and last I heard they enjoy eating as well. lol. So I do not mind spending diamonds on games. I also know that there are people that are on an extremely limited income and simply are not able to pay to play a game. I feel, as you do, that all should have an equal chance to grow in the game. I know some people that have never spent a penny and are in the upper chapters of the game. It has taken them a while longer to get where they are but they got there.

DeletedUser3707

I am on a fixed income and don't have a lot of money. For me to spend more than a couple of dollar a month is impossible. I have finished all the quests given, spent what money I could and still only half way through the second chest. I had 2 days left on the quest line and NO NEW QUESTS. both "ladies" have disappeared. SO it looks like no more quest (even with time left) and NO way to earn what I need for the other half of the 2nd chest. When this happened in Beta I thought it was a glitch because of them moving players around at the same time. Also when this started they removed some of the regular quests (spend 12 kp) and added buy XX Kps.(this was done 2 times during the quests). This MAKES you spend money, coins or goods. If you are newer to the game and don't have the extra coins, or goods you NEED to spend diamonds.
I have 30 splinters left and no quests to gain any more, I also have 2 days left. No wonder more and more of the people who have played for a while have quit. Guess they got tired of being ripped off.

I know how you feel. I am also on a fixed income due to being disabled so there's no way I can earn extra money for food especially not here. I'm having other problems with two support tickets and seems like nothing is getting resolved yet. There are many bugs but I guess that the way things are around here. I think I'll spend the day in secondlife until my ticket is resolved completely. I still don't have that one daily prize I won either. Good luck people. Thanks for the likes and my first trophy too.

DeletedUser2326

Inno is pretty greedy in my opinion. Every other game I have played at least does something so you can earn some "diamonds" along the way. Why not when you get to a new chapter reward the player with 500 diamonds or something to that effect any way. Or what about 10 diamonds after you have helped your neighbors and fellowship members 100 times? Complete a province, 5 diamonds. I think Inno would probably find that if they give a few diamonds away for accomplishments, the players may actually start buying more as well. Players who normally do not buy the diamonds will see how helpful they are and start buying perhaps? Anyway, we would all be happy campers if we could earn some of these without having to put out money all the time.

DeletedUser3312

Inno is pretty greedy in my opinion. Every other game I have played at least does something so you can earn some "diamonds" along the way. Why not when you get to a new chapter reward the player with 500 diamonds or something to that effect any way. Or what about 10 diamonds after you have helped your neighbors and fellowship members 100 times? Complete a province, 5 diamonds. I think Inno would probably find that if they give a few diamonds away for accomplishments, the players may actually start buying more as well. Players who normally do not buy the diamonds will see how helpful they are and start buying perhaps? Anyway, we would all be happy campers if we could earn some of these without having to put out money all the time.

Most games do give daily prizes and accomplishment and step prizes of real game money. Sadly Inno is not about the player. They are about ego... theirs...