• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Some strange developments...

DeletedUser2191

With the newest picture provided, the bone like posts on the corner, the symbols on the drapery/ banners, it is indeed looking more like orcs.

DeletedUser1016

When..when...."WHEN"....I wish there was some more info. I'm at the end of the Fairy Chapter, and I have been for a couple of weeks, so I'm ready!!! Bring em-on....lol

Come on Elfwine....more hints and info please....PLEASE. [you started this thread] :D

DeletedUser

Well I do see a little green man in front of the portal...hmmmm..Orcs, Ogre...?

DeletedUser

And now we know from the facebook post this morning the building is in fact a new portal to the upcoming guest race. Only question left unanswered is ..... what that race will be?

Now that I saw a different angle and in color, I still say the whole building is very 'flinstonian' and unappealing. I mimic thoughts of others that say bah humbug to this new building and how ugly it is!!! And WHAT pray tell does mushrooms have to do with a boney portal structure? I do not get the concept with this one.

DeletedUser1016

Beta insists that we're having Orcs. Lovely.
Grunting noises....that's attractive...lol - ORCs are coming. Although, the little green guy in the portal does look like a young ogre with those little floppy ears? Well, in any case, that should drastically change the landscaping.

Thanks for the great hint Ælfwine! :D Much appreciated.

I'll be honest here, I'll be glad to get rid of all those obnoxious, colorful, HUGE flowers, give my sinuses a break.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1016

The sketch made me think orcs and gnomes. But to me, that looks like a goblin.

Goblins - you think? They are slighter then orc, trolls and ogres, which matches the little guy overloaded with goods shown in the portal, yet "grunting" doesn't seem in character with a goblin? - Well, whether it's any of these, it's surely going to change the look of our cities!

DeletedUser

I'll be glad to get rid of all those obnoxious, colorful, HUGE flowers, give my sinuses a break.

I actually LOVE a lot of the fairy buildings. Other than some of the flowers on top being too big on top. The Crystal Manufactury at lvl 19 is truly the most appealing in the game so far. The new Endless Excaveation AW is truly beautiful as well. I could go on and on about the buildings I do love. I do give credit to the developers because they hit a homerun on most of it. Just a few I absolutely hate!!

DeletedUser1016

I actually LOVE a lot of the fairy buildings.

Oh my...your so right, there are a lot of great fairy buildings. I really didn't mean to be judgemental and offend anyone, but reading it again, you are so correct, they are very well done by the developers. I think the most over powering building is the workshops that I've not really appreciated because they're so large. Unfortunately they're such an important part of the game and most everyone require lots of them, so I feel they become overwhelming with that giant flower on top! They are beautiful, but it's difficult to see beyond them and really tough to see the floating icon when harvesting is available...

I think the graphics in this game are exceptional...so I shouldn't criticize - who-em I to judge????

The new Endless Excaveation AW is truly beautiful as well.
Does anyone think the Endless Excavation and/or Needle Tempest are worth researching? I haven't opened any of the new Ancient Wonders that have been recently introduced in chapter II and chapter III. I'm close to having the original six [6] completed and I'm thinking about which one to pursue next? I don't want to open/research both because it will increase the mix of rune shards that I get.

DeletedUser

They are beautiful, but it's difficult to see beyond them and really tough

I do agree with you on the workshops. They are large and omnious taking over a city. It does take away from the actual beauty of the building itself. Had they at least scaled them down a knotch or two... they would have been okay, even dare I say, "delightful" to have in a city.

Do you think the Endless Excavation is worth researching?

I have researched it however I have not built or even collected the runes for it. My AW building is going to be very slow going because I will not 'steal' runes from other peoples AW (donations to other people not in my fellowship) nor will I purchase diamonds in order to build them like the 2 I already have. So it will be a while before I can say anything to that nature. I am sure there are a lot of others out there that either have them now or will have them and experience them that would be better suited to answer that question.

I really didn't mean to be judgemental and offend anyone

Trust me, I am not offended at all. I truly enjoy hearing other people's opinions and thoughts. I only commented because it seems others (not you) have been coming down on me quite hard lately for having a difference of opinion. It is perfectly okay if THEY disagree or don't like something but dang as soon as I state the same on a different subject all Hell breaks lose. I mean I just thought that any social media such as a forum, facebook... ect was for folks to communicate and discuss like adults. I have a phrase I use quite often in such instances, "What other people think of me is NON of my business." I am not here to "be liked" or to be popular. I am here to discuss a game and all aspects of that game even if I don't agree with popular opinion.

DeletedUser1016

"What other people think of me is NON of my business." I am not here to "be liked" or to be popular. I am here to discuss a game and all aspects of that game even if I don't agree with popular opinion.

Ditto -:cool:

DeletedUser627

Does anyone think the Endless Excavation and/or Needle Tempest are worth researching? I haven't opened any of the new Ancient Wonders that have been recently introduced in chapter II and chapter III. I'm close to having the original six [6] completed and I'm thinking about which one to pursue next? I don't want to open/research both because it will increase the mix of rune shards that I get.

Whether or not to open Wonders is a personal choice that depends on individual goals. Some players just like them and want them - all cool.

If you're more of an achiever, then a low level Wonder is a loss: the benefit it produces on its large footprint is less than the benefit from another residence / manf / culture. Once I get a new Wonder, I don't build another until the new one is "profitable" - because every minute it sits there at level 1-3 I'm losing productive space.

Another way to think about it: if I have a Silk manufactory rather than a low-level Wonder...the Silk I produce can go to buying KP, which increases the level of my existing Wonders more quickly.

Collecting the Rune Shards is different. If you don't open the new research today, yes, it will remain "easier" to get Runes for the ones you've already opened. But later, when you really want the new ones, your odds will be 2/10 or 2/12 for getting one you want. I think we talked about this on Beta, and it's a tough call.

I think the Excavation is debatable: 32K supplies for a day? Not very much for 20 grid spaces. And the 3 Runes / province...how useful is that when it's taking 3 days to scout a province?

For the Needles: a L19 Barracks is at 875% boost. With a Level 15 Needles - for every 8.75 units we currently produce, we'll instead produce 9.6 units.

DeletedUser1016

Whether or not to open Wonders is a personal choice that depends on individual goals. Some players just like them and want them - all cool.
I do like the skins with the original six [6] and that does motivate me to build them. That's why I'm struggling with the four [4] newest Ancient Wonders [AW]! If there's not clear benefit based on their footprint, especially at higher levels, then why build them? Just taking up more space in my city doesn't make any sense, especially because I don't think any of the AW are attractive buildings - but I do like the skins on the cliff.

I think the Excavation is debatable
Well, that makes sense... I have the tower of prosperity which is good looking, has a skin and produces supplies like my level 19 workshops - so why build something less?

For the Needles: a L19 Barracks is at 875% boost. With a Level 15 Needles - for every 8.75 units we currently produce, we'll instead produce 9.6 units.
Another questionable AW - seems insignificant?

Well, I think I've made up my mind on the new AWs, and that is not to research them, otherwise I'll end up with rune shards I can never use....

I was hoping you'd chime in - as usual, you're opinions are very valuable - thanks again.

DeletedUser627

The Needles makes me think of the Mountain Hall - in terms of its relative value based on percentage.

The Mountain Hall came into consideration when we all had no other options for gaining relics (since scouting was so slow). Any increase seemed valuable...now that we at or near the 700% boost cap, the MHall is adding about 10% over my total production (L11). This still is worthwhile to me personally.

Similarly the Needles could likely add 8-12% to our Barracks speed. I wish it were more...but we may need to take whatever we can get. If we still need lots of Golems and Sorceresses, we'll need them produced as quickly as possible. Especially since the Faery units will still be produced in the same queue = since we're likely to need to make lots of them, any increase in the Golem/Sorc speed will be valuable.

It still seems that this applies only to Barracks units, and not to Merc Camp units. So, the last factor in the question remains unknown: how powerful are the Faery units? Will they be the new Sorc III - and become the main go to fighters? If think is possibly true, then building a Wonder that speeds up units we less seldom need wouldn't seem a good decision. But if the Faery fighters are incidental specialty units, and we rely on Sorc/Golem, I think we're likely to need the Needles, even if the benefit is less than we'd like.

So basically, for me it's wait-and-see what the Faery units really do!

DeletedUser1317

In the drawing, the bottom right corner, it is riding a dinosaur or dragon.. something of that nature.. look to see the saddle packs and the blanket like saddle it is sitting on..
At the top.. the little ones have nets as if to catch a fairy or something..

With that, there are two different idea's in one drawing... ??

DeletedUser2870

Kobolds would be my first impression. Or some kind of leprechaun. They definitely seem to be too small for orcs or even goblins. First thought was more like pixies but they seem to be rather ugly for that.

DeletedUser2753

Goblins:
In some cases, goblins are little creatures related to the brownie and gnome. They are usually small, sometimes only a few inches tall, sometimes the size of a dwarf, and have magical abilities; they are greedy, especially for gold and jewelry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goblin

But Dam_ not before COMING SOON and we know what the Faerie units need to be created, Cocoons and Night Essence? Goblin Mushroom powder?

DeletedUser

the little ones look like brownies or sprites, but the large figure i'm not sure. you would think orc, but they are always dressed in armor, and he is definitely not wearing armor. its not an ogre either. have to think about it.