• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Someone please explain ascended goods and hiring merchants.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
as long as "oodles" means you save enough for ch 20. of course, there's always more in the spire.
Lol ... I'll try to define oodles. I'd say more than 50 of the 50 percent, more than 300 of the 5 percent, and somewhere in between those two figures for the 10, 20, etc. And yeah, the spire seems to have decided long ago that I only get portal profits, lol. ... except for the rare occasions when I (whoopie) get the 4000 spell frags at the top, lol. I think that's been 3x so far.

Course, I know people who have had a 1000 pps. So I probably should raise my standards for what I call "oodles." :)

defiantoneks

more than 50 of the 50 percent, more than 300 of the 5 percent, and somewhere in between those two figures for the 10, 20, etc
that's about where i stand. i tend to hold off on using them until everything is upgraded as much as possible, so i get the maximum return on using them. basically do the slower cruise through early levels of the chapter where you're learning and building, then PP through the "make a bunch now that you know what to do" stage.

Yogi Dave

You need oodles of PPs for chapter 18, but I seem to remember needing caboodles of oodles for chapter 20. Something like 100 portal fills. After finishing, I placed 10 Trading Stations that I never thought I'd need to get ready for chapter 21. Inno found a way to get us to quit complaining about there being too many PPs in the spire. And where is chapter 21? I hope it comes sometime this millennium.

Darielle

You need oodles of PPs for chapter 18, but I seem to remember needing caboodles of oodles for chapter 20. Something like 100 portal fills. After finishing, I placed 10 Trading Stations that I never thought I'd need to get ready for chapter 21. Inno found a way to get us to quit complaining about there being too many PPs in the spire. And where is chapter 21? I hope it comes sometime this millennium.
that's about where i stand. i tend to hold off on using them until everything is upgraded as much as possible, so i get the maximum return on using them. basically do the slower cruise through early levels of the chapter where you're learning and building, then PP through the "make a bunch now that you know what to do" stage.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I won't groan anymore when I get pps in the spire. :)

Pheryll

Set Designer

The thing is you didn't need any PPs to get chapter 20 done before the chapter 21 release. In fact I used very few, but the huge percentage increase in song production from the ensembles made it better for me to hold off on PP use so I could invest it in a future chapter where the capped goods take a while to fill up.

Yogi Dave

The thing is you didn't need any PPs to get chapter 20 done before the chapter 21 release.
True. I hadn't thought through why I 'needed' a lot of them. I rushed through the chapter and had lots of PPs, so I used them and used them and didn't have to worry about song production. When I looked back at the dates when the chapter came to live and when I'd finished it was around one month. Which means I highly over spoke the need for as many as I used. I went a bit crazy there.

To do chapter 15, Elvenar, it took 21 portal fills if you didn't want to produce any capped goods and that seemed like a lot at the time. Since I'm back up to 167 portal fills, I certainly won't have problems with capped goods in chapter 21.

Darielle

Well, I've now built my whole Chapter 18 race. 4 wind, 4 fire, 4 earth, and 3 water hubs, plus I kept 2 welcome centers just to boost up the human pop. (Seems like the portal profits fill the others to the brim while humans are still needed.) I think this is going to work out well ... I'll finish my first set of 25 badges today so I can upgrade residences later today (I don't have any ... just MRs, but I need that research). I'm not at all frustrated like I was with 17, and this feels like it takes a lot less space. Not sure I'm right ... maybe that's just because I'm happy with it, lol.

Thanks for everyone's help ... I'm very grateful.

Lightning Dustie

Does anyone have a good idea on how many welcome centers, water hubs, fire hubs, etc, that I should aim for? Is there a good guide for Chapter 18? (It's times like this I miss the old Elvengems.)

I tried searching for Chapter 18, and the search box said they were leaving off "18" because it was too short. Then I tried searching for Chapter Eighteen and they gave me a whole lot of unrelated stuff. Sorry if my question has been asked before, but I don't have time to hunt for the Chapter 18 thread. Thanks.
You do not need to build water hubs. All badges are equal.

Darielle

You do not need to build water hubs. All badges are equal.
True, but it all works out as far as the badge per square of space goes. I did some soft calculations on that, so I think it works out. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will do the math. :)