• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerer & Dragons Chapter/Buildings

I FINALLY finished the woodelves Chapter, I've been looking forward to the Sorcerers Chapter!
There are a lot of new Buildings in this Chapter, and not a lot of Mana. So to utilize my Mana best, in what order should I put up the new Buildings? I want to make sure I'm putting the most important, most necessary ones up first.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Frost Knight In Woodelves and Sorcerers and Dragons, your best mana source is Festival Merchants. You craft these in the magic academy. Keep an eye out for them. I literally crafted Festival Merchants every single time they appeared while I was doing these chapters. I replaced every single Weeping Willow I built with FMs. I think I topped out at something like 12 or 13 Festival Merchants. If you ARE still using Weeping Willows, the Arcane Library you unlock in Sorcerers and Dragons is an upgrade. But it isn't as good as a Festival Merchant.

Another thing to keep an eye on is what evolving buildings and set buildings you can upgrade to produce mana. For example, in the Moonstone Library set, the Mana Plant, Gum Tree, and Moonstone Gate are very efficient mana producers for their size. Since they are so cheap to upgrade, they should be a priority. The Forbidden Ruins and Pilgrim's Manor sets also have some good mana producing buildings if you have any of these sets. Some of the evolving buildings which make mana at your level include Wise Golem, Stonehenge, Polar Bear, Red Panda Master, Queen Fairy's Retreat, Watchful Winter Owl, Flower Goblin Ephinay, and Boblin's Express Service. This list is off the top of my head, so I am sure I forgot some. Also note that some of the buildings I listed will stop producing mana and will start producing Divine Seeds when you upgrade them to Halflings level (that is the chapter after Sorcerers and Dragons).

In events, some of the best mana producing buildings you can win are Magical Mana Hut, Manta Ray, Burning Pool, Lava Egg, Lunar Factory, and Pond of Autumn. Look for them as daily prizes in future events. In the ongoing Season of Joy, there are some buildings as reward that make mana at your level. Sharkapalooze, Pond of Spring, Ice Temple, Barrel Crane, Float of Bubbles, Temple of Embers, Aurate Willow, Eldarisil's Sawmill, and Hidden Lagoon are all buildings which are being offered as prizes in the Season of Joy which will make mana at S&D level.

Flashfyre

I FINALLY finished the woodelves Chapter, I've been looking forward to the Sorcerers Chapter!
There are a lot of new Buildings in this Chapter, and not a lot of Mana. So to utilize my Mana best, in what order should I put up the new Buildings? I want to make sure I'm putting the most important, most necessary ones up first.
Follow the Questline and you'll be OK; the quests are designed to get your campus built efficiently, and without wasting resources. Try to only do the research currently called for by the questline (e.g. don't spend KP on the squad upgrade before you have done the 3 faculties. Once you've got a small campus (typically 2 of each faculty, 1 of which is Lvl 2) you can start spreading out and doing other techs.

Thank you for replying, great Post!

But Mana isn't the issue I Posted this for. My point was I want to spend my Mana wisely. So I want to spend it on these new Sorcerer Chapter Buildings in order of importance, so I know I'm getting the most necessary ones first.

Follow the Questline and you'll be OK; the quests are designed to get your campus built efficiently, and without wasting resources. Try to only do the research currently called for by the questline (e.g. don't spend KP on the squad upgrade before you have done the 3 faculties. Once you've got a small campus (typically 2 of each faculty, 1 of which is Lvl 2) you can start spreading out and doing other techs.

That's more what I was looking for, thanking!
I only asked because that Woodelves Chapter kind of messed me up. I didn't have what I needed when I needed it. I want to make sure this time I'm not wasting my time.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
That's more what I was looking for, thanking!
I only asked because that Woodelves Chapter kind of messed me up. I didn't have what I needed when I needed it. I want to make sure this time I'm not wasting my time.
Woodelves is one of the few chapters where you need to go straight down the line, and get quite far into the research tree, before you can really do anything. Sorcerers is not like that. (In fact, I'm not sure if Woodelves is the only one that does that ... I'm in Chapter 18 and I can't remember any other chapters as weird as woodelves in that respect.) Good luck!

Yogi Dave

Unfortunately, the link to that chapter is broken as is the case for several of the other chapters. A few work as expected, but many, like the dwarven one, have links that take you to the Amuni chapter. Also links to many of the graphic aren't valid anymore.

I do understand that the people who ran the website have left, and it's been difficult to keep it running.

Woodelves is one of the few chapters where you need to go straight down the line, and get quite far into the research tree, before you can really do anything. Sorcerers is not like that. (In fact, I'm not sure if Woodelves is the only one that does that ... I'm in Chapter 18 and I can't remember any other chapters as weird as woodelves in that respect.) Good luck!
Thanks! I'm going to need it!

Yogi Dave

One of the main things about Sorcerer's as I remember is having space for the growing campus green and arranging the buildings around it. There aren't many ways to fit the full set around it. Seems like it was 4 of each. It's also the only chapter that can't be enlarged by making more guess race buildings.

Wow, while writing this @Lady Dastardly's post appeared. That is great! Remember, that writeup was before Portal Profits existed or even time instants. Also, there weren't really many mana event buildings. I had a lot of Arcane Libraries for my mana. In the writeup there are examples of the college for each size of the campus. Study them and plan your city accordingly.

New question. For this Chapter, what's is a good number of available Population to have? I'm trying to see if I can Teleport some of my Residences to my Summons page to make room for more of the needed Chapter Buildings as well as the ever-growing Campus [I recently gathered the necessary Items to get it up to 8x8].

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yup, teleport is a good idea. You will need that population later on for building upgrades, so definitely hang on to them. This chapter sure teaches some lessons in space management. :)

Yup, teleport is a good idea. You will need that population later on for building upgrades, so definitely hang on to them. This chapter sure teaches some lessons in space management. :)
Thank you! But what's the least amount of Available Population I want to have on hand during the Sorcerer/Dragons Chapter?

Sprite1313

Thank you! But what's the least amount of Available Population I want to have on hand during the Sorcerer/Dragons Chapter?
You can go into negative population during the chapter without issue. If you teleport residences to make a larger settlement, you can always reduce the settlement footprint later and restore residences as you need to upgrade manufactories. @Ihrlaen could tell you all about the benefits of negative population to support settlement buildings.

I don't know that anyone can tell you a minimum population you need to have, as that will depend on how many WS, Manufactories, etc, you have that will need upgrading. I recommend playing around with your city layout on ElvenArchitect.

Many of us pause in between chapters to finish upgrading buildings, etc, before moving to the next chapter. That eliminates the need to worry about population at all.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah, I agree with Sprite, and will also say, you cannot build shanty towns for events or Adventures with negative population.
Prior to the introduction of teleport spells, I did sell a house or two at the start of this chapter, the first time that i played it (full settlement too by late in the chapter) and that is a mistake. I later replaced them. I never again sold houses or built 4 of each Faculty, three is plenty. But this was prior to the 'gift' of a magic house (they nerfed our culture, don't ask!! Don't! Lol).