• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers and Dragons - Apprentices

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You take the combined level of your faculties and multiply that number by 6. Then add the base amount of 6 to that. So 2 faculties at level 1 will give you 12 more apprentice added to the base 6 for a total of 18 apprentices.
So 12 faculties times 4 levels times 6 plus 6 (base) is 294= the maximum number of apprentices we can generate per day, and if I need about 60000, so I'm looking at about 200 days minimum to finish S&D. Is that correct?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I feel like something is missing there, as I do not remember it taking me over six months to complete that chapter. I wish there was some way to see when we opened the chests at the beginning of each chapter.

DeletedUser9601

Agreed that its not 6 months. Especially since there's a ramp-up to getting the max number of apprentices per day.
I'm not seeing the "by the numbers" chart for S&D on Elvengems though, so I can't point my finger on exactly where the confusion lies.

Pheryll

Set Designer
So 12 faculties times 4 levels times 6 plus 6 (base) is 294= the maximum number of apprentices we can generate per day, and if I need about 60000, so I'm looking at about 200 days minimum to finish S&D. Is that correct?

The 60000 number is way off. The research tree requires only 15633 of a double discipline. Apprentices are only consumed by giving them a discipline. They are not used to upgrade buildings. With the portal at level 4 (1.6 multiplier) you will be slightly better than exchanging one apprentice for a discipline, and exchanging a single discipline for a double discipline; that is you will end up with slightly more double discipline graduates than the apprentices that you spent. So upgrading buildings should be a priority.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Mykan has pretty much identical numbers for the double discipline required. The problem is Mykan is doubling the number of single disciplines needed for double, and apprentices needed for single, so that the final number comes out at a x4. With the portal fully upgraded, we are looking at times one multipliers for a result of x1. With the portal at level 1 the multiplier is x1.6 each for a total outcome of x2.56. I think Mykan rounded the x1.6 to x2 and did not account for the portal upgrades improving the multiplier.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So if I divide each of his "apprentice" numbers by 4 I'll be closer to accurate? (Everything is upgraded to four already)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I went back through my city and looked at the values of event buildings from the past 7 or 8 months, to see which chapter I was in when I won them, and came up with a rough number of 4 months, give or take a week, for me to do all of S&D. I upgraded the square to level 4 as quickly as I could and only built 3 of each school, upgrading them all to level 4. If I could have built 4 of each, I would have finished probably up to a month quicker, so maybe 3 months optimally to do the chapter. This was also without spending diamonds during the chapter and having little or none or the time reduction instants to speed things up.

kctanzen

I was S&D flagged on Sept 26, and I tend to move rather deliberately.
Im about 2 weeks or so from getting all the graduates I need for the wonder tech now.
If I had built / upgraded the full campus earlier, I might have shaved 3 weeks or so off, but can't see how it would have been much faster than that.
I have not used any portal profits or diamonds to speed things up -- slower is better for me because slower = more KP into wonders!!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Mykan has pretty much identical numbers for the double discipline required. The problem is Mykan is doubling the number of single disciplines needed for double, and apprentices needed for single, so that the final number comes out at a x4. With the portal fully upgraded, we are looking at times one multipliers for a result of x1. With the portal at level 1 the multiplier is x1.6 each for a total outcome of x2.56. I think Mykan rounded the x1.6 to x2 and did not account for the portal upgrades improving the multiplier.

This is exactly it. I hadn't looked at it for so long I had forgotten that the document does not include boosts, portal or wonder.