• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Perhaps I don't understand the league thing then. Because I'm perceiving it as a slightly different form of scoring, but tied to events rather than chapters.

This is closer to PvP than even the FAs are. Only a percentage of participating players can make each League, with some slight flexibility during the final hour of the event. For an example, let's say that 10,000 players on a server are active and participate in the event. the bottom 50% of them will finish in Hobby. The next 30% will finish in Amateur. The next 15% will finish in Bronze. The next 45 will finish in Silver. And the top 1% will finish in Gold. So only 100 players can finish in Gold, plus the few who will wait until the final hour to spend all their currency AND diamonds or real money. About 400 would finish in Silver, who are either very lucky with winning extra currency or also spend some diamonds or money. And why this is more PvP than other stuff in the game. Until the final hour, players will keep switching between leagues, as they either earn more points, or other players earn more points and raise the minimum needed for a level, which will push other players down to a lower league. Your final league is not guaranteed at all until that final hour, when no more adjustments are made to the amounts needed to be in each league. So through no fault of your own, other than having bad luck or not wanting to spend diamonds or money, you can lose a spot in a higher league.

Iyapo1

What's wrong with staying in the hobby league if you still get the complete set of buildings?
As long as I can manage a full set I dont care what league I land in.

However, if there is any chance of getting another set by going up a league I will throw ALL of my diamonds at it. Which is not a good sign since the cost is determined by how many people like me exist and how many diamonds we throw.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As long as I can manage a full set I dont care what league I land in.

However, if there is any chance of getting another set by going up a league I will throw ALL of my diamonds at it. Which is not a good sign since the cost is determined by how many people like me exist and how many diamonds we throw.

Soggy put up some rough amounts of event currency needed to finish in Silver and get enough grand prizes to make two complete sets, but I don't remember the amount now. A 2nd set takes almost as many grand prizes as a 1st set does. For the 1st set, the 5 buildings that are grand prizes are 1, 4, 7, 10, and 13, plus the two from the milestone rewards. After that, for a 2nd set, the 6 buildings as grand prizes are 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, and 25, plus the 1 from the Silver League reward. If you win and spend enough to get those 6 extra buildings, you will easily finish in Silver. And then for the really big spenders, a 3rd set can be won from more grand prizes and finishing in Gold.

Every grand prize is the usual 20 to win, and that translates directly to League points on a one-for-one basis. So one grand prize is 20 league points. A full set is 13 grand prizes, or 260 league points. Etc.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
So basically you want a ranking board that tracks diamond spenders?

Not this diamond spender ;) I do not mind spending on my city for the things I want. On the other hand, I refuse to get into credit card wars in a PvP that sounds worse than the FA top rankings turned into. I am very interested to see how this all pans out. I will spend what I usually spend to insure I get what I want out of the event. It should be interesting to see how far that gets me in this league angle.

Gladiola

This makes me curious about something. For the people who spend money to get diamonds (or otherwise have accumulated a lot of them through past wishing well farms or whatever), do you prefer to be in fellowships with other people who spend money? Does whether your fellows spend money and/or diamonds affect their play as fellowship mates?

I don't plan to buy diamonds at this point because I don't see how it would make the game more fun for me, although I'm willing to spend some trivial amounts at some point if that perception changes. I'm interested to know how buying or not buying diamonds affects my fellows, my neighbors, etc.

Iyapo1

Does whether your fellows spend money and/or diamonds affect their play as fellowship mates?
Yes absolutely. I gold spire every week it cost me about 100 diamonds. I win 125 diamonds in my silver and 250 diamonds in my gold every week. So I always get more diamonds back then I loose.
Now, put me in a bronze FS where everyone refuses to spend diamonds. Great I win 50 a week, i spend 100 it is no longer worth the effort.

Some players can get gold every week without spending diamonds, most cant. I only say that because I am pretty arrogant.

Gladiola

@Iyapo1 in that case it sounds like Spire performance and not diamond spending by your fellowship mates is what affects you. I reach the top of the Spire without spending diamonds, so whether or not I spend diamonds would not affect you.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This makes me curious about something. For the people who spend money to get diamonds (or otherwise have accumulated a lot of them through past wishing well farms or whatever), do you prefer to be in fellowships with other people who spend money? Does whether your fellows spend money and/or diamonds affect their play as fellowship mates?

I don't plan to buy diamonds at this point because I don't see how it would make the game more fun for me, although I'm willing to spend some trivial amounts at some point if that perception changes. I'm interested to know how buying or not buying diamonds affects my fellows, my neighbors, etc.

I played the game in Fellowships that members seemed to lean toward spending a lot on diamonds. Of course everything is relative. I have spent a whole lot on diamonds but there are always players who are willing and able to spend even more. That being said, for a little shy of a year I have played in a Fellowship with plenty of members who I don't think spend on diamonds. If they do I am not aware but I really don't pay that much attention to spending. A few of my family members are in my Fellowship and they spend some but little compared to my city. I am definitely liking playing in my current Fellowship better than the top Fellowship with several high spenders. While I sincerely miss some and at least a couple of those members have left the game, I really do not miss the arrogance. I've always been a team player and have always participated in anything that had an effect on my FS but with the amount of time and $$ invested I wasn't willing for egos to ruin the game for me.

lyapo1 brings up a good point. I have zero interest in gold in the Spire. I can do gold level every week if I wanted to but my smaller Fellowship cannot. We get Silver every week for the past 46 weeks and I am happy with that. I prefer to not have the constant treadmill I felt like I was on when I was doing gold level in the Spire and of course 10 chest Tournaments.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If it doesn't effect their spire performance it doesn't effect me.
I couldn't even tell you which players in any of my FS have spent any money.

Edit: theoretically players who spend RL$ are more invested and might spend more time in the game (instead of spreading their gaming time among more games) and also that might mean they are less likely to quit and need replacing. I don't have any actual evidence of that but it sounds true.

DeletedUser26243

S
I don't see it this way. To me, being in a FS where I'm actively working against the other members makes no sense.
The only way I see it working is if everyone agrees to remain within the hobby league until the last 59 minutes so that everyone can "league-up" together without raising the bar for anyone.
I just don’t get it in the event the FS needs to b all together in the same league to do well it’s not an individual thing?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer to be in a fellowship where people don't throw away diamonds unless they get something of real value, not just ranking points. It just feels kinda icky to me to throw money at the game merely for uselessness, and if I found out I was in a fellowship that regularly did that, I'd probably leave.

Deleted User - 849402856

Soggy put up some rough amounts of event currency needed to finish in Silver and get enough grand prizes to make two complete sets, but I don't remember the amount now. A 2nd set takes almost as many grand prizes as a 1st set does. For the 1st set, the 5 buildings that are grand prizes are 1, 4, 7, 10, and 13, plus the two from the milestone rewards. After that, for a 2nd set, the 6 buildings as grand prizes are 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, and 25, plus the 1 from the Silver League reward. If you win and spend enough to get those 6 extra buildings, you will easily finish in Silver. And then for the really big spenders, a 3rd set can be won from more grand prizes and finishing in Gold.

I believe the list Karvest uploaded on the Beta forum (https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/sorcerers-homecoming.16705/page-22#post-99734) is the list of grand prizes. According to the list, the 2nd set actually seems to require more event currency than what you said.

1st set: 1, 4, 7, 10, 13
2nd set: 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 29
3rd set: 31, 33, 35, 37, 39, 41

I just wanted us all to have more correct information.

DeletedUser26243

It is an individual thing. The problem is that if members of a Fellowship are close in ranking for the league levels then they are competing against each other. That is a recipe for hard feelings :rolleyes:
ugh will find out when it opens just how good this Big set looks to me.will not play in competitive modeThere will other events to catch nice rewards my eye is on getting the bear artifacts (brown) in spire rite now even tho my chances r slim on that also

Iyapo1

ugh will find out when it opens just how good this Big set looks to me.will not play in competitive modeThere will other events to catch nice rewards my eye is on getting the bear artifacts (brown) in spire rite now even tho my chances r slim on that also
I think league prizes(Multi-sets) are being confused with event prizes(one full set).

You dont have to go uber competitive to win 1 full set. Just finish the event and do your best to optimize your event currency.

If you usually finish the events 1 artifact short then in this event you might not get all 7 pieces, but that is okay because you can get the full link bonus with 6 pieces.

DeletedUser26243

I think league prizes(Multi-sets) are being confused with event prizes(one full set).

You dont have to go uber competitive to win 1 full set. Just finish the event and do your best to optimize your event currency.

If you usually finish the events 1 artifact short then in this event you might not get all 7 pieces, but that is okay because you can get the full link bonus with 6 pieces.
That’s sweet all ready placed the extra things I need to help with quests just glad it’s not FA I really don’t care for them thanks