• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I hate the fact that two of the set pieces don't have connection bonuses or productions
Those are just there to give other buildings the bonuses they need.
I WAS excited about a new set, then saw the size and what it did.... not so much now
What chapter are you in?
In chapter 15 the set gives me goods equal to 9x9h runs.
As a 2x9h player this means the set is worth as much as 4 level 31 buildings so I will save 100 squares of factories and another 120 squares of pop.
I managed to get 2 sets on Beta which fit in 72 squares with a value of around 500 squares.
That's 17 expansions which don't count against me in the spire tournament.
Epic IMO.

Black watch

Those are just there to give other buildings the bonuses they need.

What chapter are you in?

In chapter 15 the set gives me goods equal to 9x9h runs.
As a 2x9h player this means the set is worth as much as 4 level 31 buildings so I will save 100 squares of factories and another 120 squares of pop.
I managed to get 2 sets on Beta which fit in 72 squares with a value of around 500 squares.
That's 17 expansions which don't count against me in the spire tournament.
Epic IMO.

So I checked the other sets.... they all gave Culture and a product... so I guess this set's "product" is population... so... I guess that's okay, Right?
LOL
I guess if I wasn't sitting on 30,000 plus population it would be different. I should shut up now...

Chapter 16.

sasmitcl16

what about the dailies? do they run out after 75th quest? ..we cant get anymore scrolls(event currency) so does that mean only the diamond players can buy and play more to stay in gold league... that sounds unfair...

The Unbeliever

what about the dailies? do they run out after 75th quest? ..we cant get anymore scrolls(event currency) so does that mean only the diamond players can buy and play more to stay in gold league... that sounds unfair...
...so unfair that those filthy diamond spenders who actually keep this game up and running for all the FTP players, now get a few extra rewards for once!!

How unjust this game has become now that everyone isn't getting 3 full sets just for showing up!

Huor

The leagues in Cervyen seemed to have been holding steady until today. Gold took a big jump 30 odd points! Still well entrenched in silver, for now. lol.

Iyapo1

You can earn diamonds in the game so spending them is not an issue. You want diamonds... grind for them in game, pay for them with real life labor....or dont.
Players set the cost here. How bad do you want an extra set? If 26% of players put a higher value on it than you do...you will finish in the amateur league.

The Unbeliever

Anyone who played through the event on beta & can give us the exact GP prize rotation?

I'm just curious where the 2nd Pilgrim's Manor shows up again in the rotation, if anyone can help out. ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Anyone who played through the event on beta & can give us the exact GP prize rotation?

I'm just curious where the 2nd Pilgrim's Manor shows up again in the rotation, if anyone can help out. ;)

Assuming no changes to the order for Live, a second Manor is grand prize #29, and the final piece for a second set, other than the building won for finishing in Silver. So that means two complete sets will require 580 staffs and finishing in Silver or Gold. Considering the final amount needed to finish in Gold on Beta maybe reached 400, finishing in Silver or Gold with 580 will not be a problem.

SoggyShorts

We always get to use our diamonds for extra event currency.
But there were events whit unlimited quests.

IMO the way leagues should have been done (if they had to be) would be in such a way that enough effort could overcome diamond spending.
As is, there is no amount of effort that will help you surpass a spender.

Yes, I know the unlimited quests had issues, but those are known and could be dealt with.

Alram

Flippers just flip
But there were events whit unlimited quests.

IMO the way leagues should have been done (if they had to be) would be in such a way that enough effort could overcome diamond spending.
As is, there is no amount of effort that will help you surpass a spender.

Yes, I know the unlimited quests had issues, but those are known and could be dealt with.
I think individual players should spend their diamonds on whatever they want.

Iyapo1

the way leagues should have been done (if they had to be) would be in such a way that enough effort could overcome diamond spending.
Your joking right? You have what 35k diamonds....a hoard years in the making and you think that with enough effort I should be able to top that... during a 22 day period?

I am in the tutorial!

SoggyShorts

Your joking right? You have what 35k diamonds....a hoard years in the making and you think that with enough effort I should be able to top that... during a 22 day period?
Clearly not without extreme effort. 17K diamonds is a crapton, so a crapton of effort (400 quests?1,000? IDK)
#1 It's actually 17K diamonds because its split between 2 accounts.
#2 I can only blow 12 months worth of diamonds once every 12 months.
#3 everyone has access to the same amount of free diamonds (give or take)

What should be possible is passing Steve who spent 500 if you do ~25* more quests than he does.

*To be balanced on difficulty/points per quest etc.
I am in the tutorial!
Always.;)

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I decided to do this event a bit differently than normal for me. I am not spending $ until I get to the point I have to toward the end. I have spent $50 at the beginning of many, many events and if I was unlucky I spent a bit more at the end. I always swapped out the old sets or whatever for the new ones and rarely have accumulated diamonds because I almost always buy them when I get impatient for something. If I have my sights on a set or evolving prize I usually want some or all of the dailies. I have never had any interest in multiples of sets and didn't even think that was possible until the first evolving Phoenix event. I honestly thought people had cheated to get multiple Fire Phoenix. Anyway, I really don't care about the League. I said before it started that there is zero chance I will ever get into a credit card battle over something so lame IMHO. I looked at it for the first time today. Mind you, once I get a prize I want I stop and do not spend event currency until the next prize I want. I can sit waiting for days for the right daily things for me to come around. I'm an Amateur. Seriously?? Thanks for the insult Elvenar! :rolleyes: