• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Regnad

I'm a fairly new player (since 1st of the year, Level 6). Ran through the SH quests to level 60 and I'm time gated. I've just gotten the Wood Works and my calculations said there was no way to get to the forge. Came here and it looks like you guys are confirming it. That really really pisses me off. Based on your discussions I've done everything right in terms of playing through and selecting beacons. I mean what's the point of having an unobtainable set? Will we be able to build the final pieces in the MA or get them in the Spire?

Regnad

876 scrolls

I just completed level 60 for 58 scrolls and received the daily 35 scrolls. I have 142 scrolls. There are 16 days left which will provide 560 daily scrolls. I have 15 quests left that, based on the beta I should get 1091 scrolls. Assuming you get 20 scrolls/day appearing around your city that's an additional 320 for a total of 2113 scrolls.

I'm 6 Grand Prizes away from the Pilgrims Forge. 6 X 20 steps X 24 scrolls per step = 2880 scrolls which puts me 767 scrolls short.

According to the beta I should have gotten 65 scrolls on this last quest but I only got 58 so, as has been pointed out, the quest rewards have been nerfed so the 1091 figure is high, probably by 10% in which case I only have 2004 scrolls to get, so I'm 876 shy.

Huor

I've hit the same wall today and as I write this, I need 3, 2 point beacons to pick up the 6th piece. Including the 3 beacons needed for the 6th piece, I would need around 33*50=1,650 scrolls to complete from here. 33, 2 point beacons at ~50 scrolls each. Daily logon credit should be 16*35=560 scrolls. Daily quests 16*60=960 scrolls, so for me a total of 1,520 rewarded which leaves me just barely on the outside looking in. Now if I stay in the gold league where I currently am and it gives me the missing piece, then all is well. But I expect I will drop to silver and the building piece being given in either league is the same as I already have. Now, some of the 2 point beacons are ~45 scrolls and some are ~54 scrolls. Also I suspect the quests will start going up above 60 scrolls but I won't know that until there are complete. It will come down to the wire for sure, but as they say, I won't know till it's over. It's really close. None of this counts the scrolls that drop from the sky. They may have done it this way just to see the look on your face. lol.

As Regnad points out, there may be only 15 quests left as that's the end of the story line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've hit the same wall today and as I write this, I need 3, 2 point beacons to pick up the 6th piece. Including the 3 beacons needed for the 6th piece, I would need around 33*50=1,650 scrolls to complete from here. 33, 2 point beacons at ~50 scrolls each. Daily logon credit should be 16*35=560 scrolls. Daily quests 16*60=960 scrolls, so for me a total of 1,520 rewarded which leaves me just barely on the outside looking in. Now if I stay in the gold league where I currently am and it gives me the missing piece, then all is well. But I expect I will drop to silver and the building piece being given in either league is the same as I already have. Now, some of the 2 point beacons are ~45 scrolls and some are ~54 scrolls. Also I suspect the quests will start going up above 60 scrolls but I won't know that until there are complete. It will come down to the wire for sure, but as they say, I won't know till it's over. It's really close. None of this counts the scrolls that drop from the sky. They may have done it this way just to see the look on your face. lol.

Are you picking up all the knowledge spawns around the edges of your city? Because an average of 20 per day, times 15 more days, is another 300 knowledge, of at least 10 more staffs, or half a grand prize.

Huor

Thank you! I do pick up all of them. I'm a regular scavenger at that. I suspect they have it balanced just right, but it keeps you on the edge of your seat!

The Unbeliever

It seems like they've badly over nerfed the amount of Sorc's Knowledge, and your 'average' player will likely fall 1-2 pieces short of the full set.

Keep in mind, the forum community is only a tiny minority of the over player base. Only the most active players will use the resources like Platinum Leaf/Gems of Knowledge. (ie: those players who are typically part of top active Fellowships)
I'd hazard a guess that most players will likely just go with whatever beacon they think is 'best', and will thus likely spend their currency less efficiently than the majority of the forum users will.
Those that do, will obviously be relying entirely on sheer dumb luck & winning at least 1000-1500+ bonus currency to maybe grab the full set. And your 'average' player will likely have to rely on winning even more bonus currency, since I highly doubt your average player does more than 2-3 sweeps of their city for the incident drops!
(myself, as what I consider a 'very active' player, tries to collect the incident drops around my cities every 2-3hrs, which will net me on average 28-30+ drops/day, and of course, further increases my odds of getting 2's or 3's when I collect the fallen scrolls!)

Otherwise, the only way for plenty of players to get the full set will be to open up their wallets and/or spend their diamond hordes they've won via the Spire. (...the latter option being far less likely for 'average' players, since it seems most fellowships struggle to even hit the Lv2 'silver' trophy rewards!)

I have a sneaky feeling that INNO is going to get a right earful over this event, as they've probably hung the majority or their player base out to dry because the devs are just god-awful at basic math. :p

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It seems like they've badly over nerfed the amount of Sorc's Knowledge, and your 'average' player will likely fall 1-2 pieces short of the full set.

Yep, reducing the milestone rewards, the free daily rewards, and the quest rewards, was way too much. If they had only reduced the quest rewards and left the others alone, people would be able to make a set, but just not get extras. I don't care about losing the 100 from the milestones because we get the 100 from the newsletter at the beginning of the event. Losing the 220 from the 22 free dailies is the big blow.

Iyapo1

My question to the older players is...Will they offer the ability to complete the set in the Magic Academy or Spire? If not.........
You only need six buildings to get the link bonuses. So if you cant get the forge you can still use the set.

Edit to add: Since players can still use the set without the seventh building I think it is very unlikely that any part of this set will be seen in the MA or the Spire.Just IMO

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
My question to the older players is...Will they offer the ability to complete the set in the Magic Academy or Spire? If not.........
The Spire and Crafting in the MA are newer than most set buildings so that was never a possibility. The air trader set is newer and wasn't offered.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
As @Enevhar Aldarion has pointed out, the most likely item offered as a big prize is the Queen Fairy Retreat Artifacts. If not, then it may be something that the developers think everyone should have snagged but didn't. Which could still be those Artifacts mentioned above, or some new building offered in the last two events that we ought to have gone crazy over.

Starr621

136 staffs obtained so far and only received extra scrolls once (27 option got 90). I've only gone for 18, 45 w & wo/scrolls, 27, and 54. Well looks like I made the right move not chasing the 80s so far...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is what luck can do for you. In getting some Hungry Treasures tonight, I completed 5 grand prizes, or 100 staffs. Out of those beacons, I won back 670 sorcerer's knowledge, or about 200 more than I won back in the entire event on Beta.

I started the night with 3430, plus the 670, made 4100 I could spend. After the 100 staffs, I have 1476 left, which works out to 26.24 spent per staff.

Huor

I would just do the quests and play the game for the prizes within and have fun. The league will fall where it will and provide me with some nice bonus prizes at the end of the event. They were just trying to add a competitive aspect to the game which can be a new challenge in its self, but I do agree that it should not have included the ability of one player to out spend another. There is no fun or challenge in that in my opinion. Just a demonstration of wealth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iyapo1

I thought it was OK until the leveling up parameters started changing every few hours. I've been up and down between Amateur and Bronze at least 5 times now and am at the point of not playing. It's frustrating and plainly not fair to change the game as people are playing it.
You are bouncing up and down because you are passing other players and bumping them down and then other players are returning the favor and passing you, bumping you down.

It is like you are running a race passing others and getting pissed when people pass you. Only 20% of all the people on the server will end up in bronze or above, ignore the leagues...or throw all your diamonds at it and pray you threw more diamonds than 79% of the players on the server.

Iyapo1

They were just trying to add a competitive aspect to the game which can be a new challenge in its self, but I do agree that it should not have included the ability of one player to out spend another. There is no fun or challenge in that in my opinion. Just a demonstration of wealth.
They were not trying to add a competitive aspect to the game, they were trying to add a way to generate income to keep the game funded.

So you can spend time earning diamonds in game...or you can spend time working in real life and spend money here. Some players do both!

Huor

I do agree they need to come up with new ways all the time to keep the game funded and I try and do my part when there is a new event like this just like I would a new expansion on and xbox/ps for a game I enjoy. Or a shareware program I use on a regular basis. I've bought a lot of slices of pizza for app developers. They should be tired of pizza by now. lol.