• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Diamond purchases should be [required] for shortcuts, quick-fixes and extras only - they should not be required to complete an event building.
Well said.
Who didn't win any currency?
Me, and many others, or at least not enough to get it for free.
Remember, if you need an "average" amount of luck to get the prize, then anyone with below average luck fails, and that'll be about half of people.
My Khel city would need to spend over $50 to catch up to my winy city, and they are identical.

DeletedUser27062

Who didn't win any currency?
Me in 5 out of 6 cities and in the one city that did win some it wasn't enough to cover the 30 staves I'm short.
When I played this on beta I completed the building in both cities. In one city spent about $30 on event currency which resulted in me getting gold and a second building set. In the other I spent nothing and completed the building and even got an extra marble piece. I won quite a bit of currency in both cities.

SoggyShorts

It is free. You can get free diamonds in the game.
That's gated by chapter and you know it.
The bottom line is we don't like requiring premium currency to play. It's an ugly practice and if you want the developers to continue in that direction, by all means, keep supporting it with posts like that. Do us a favor though and have a peek at other games where it runs rampant and see if that's really what you want.

DeletedUser27062

The Event is completely optional. No one has to spend a single diamond.
How is that even relevant? I'm not suggesting people are being forced to spend money/use diamonds.
My statement rests on dependant clauses - that if a player wants the entire building AND hasnt won currency then the only option to get the missing bit(s) is to buy currency.

Iyapo1

Players do not need the forge for the building to work!
So spending diamonds because you're a completionist and you really want the whole set is a choice.

If it is not worth it to you, then dont spend diamonds.

hvariidh gwendrot

when you guys say "buy currency" does that mean using real world money ? or use of in game diamonds acquired through game ? the later option is not "buying currency" it's winning free diamonds .. just asking for a clarification

DeletedUser27062

So spending diamonds because you're a completionist and you really want the whole set is a choice.

Again, irrelevant.

DeletedUser27062

when you guys say "buy currency" does that mean using real world money ? or use of in game diamonds acquired through game ? the later option is not "buying currency" it's winning free diamonds .. just asking for a clarification
Buy event currency - either with cash or diamonds.

hvariidh gwendrot

to either use real money or free diamonds is not the same thing .. and i'm thinking when you say currency you mean the staffs that move you along from beacon to beacon?

SoggyShorts

A bit of both.
New players have very little opportunity to earn diamonds in-game, and while advanced players may have a stash that they can deploy, how long until that runs out?
It is free. You can get free diamonds in the game.
Events are almost monthly, and from the MA/spire it's possible for a Gold FS player to get maybe 2250 diamonds per month. That's 500 event currency which might cover it should this trend continue in events, but aside from almost no one being in a gold FS:
  • What about when inno tweaks the FA to require diamonds to access stage 3?
  • How about when diamonds are required to convince and open gates in the spire?
  • Add a diamond cost to unlock round 3+ in the tournament?
  • Toss in some diamond costs in the tech tree, because why not?
Participating in all of those is optional, right @Alram? Wanting to complete the FA or spire is "a choice", right @Iyapo1?

to either use real money or free diamonds is not the same thing
Going down the "It's possible to win some diamonds for free therefore it's OK if anything costs diamonds" is a dangerous route to take.

Iyapo1

@SoggyShorts

I am sorry I am having a hard time being mad at Inno for introducing a lovely new set that will let me craft more. Crafting more = more free diamonds. I get to decide what to spend them on

@Eudaemonia
Some players may not get the full set and that is okay because you only need six pieces for the set to work. That is very relevant! You dont need the last piece.

Starr621

I think it's more along the lines that if a grand prize (in this case an entire set) is advertised, then you can expect to win the complete set if you put all the effort needed to win it. And although you don't need the forge to get all bonuses from the manor, having it is nice for those who don't have the steel boost.

I know there was a video made a few years ago on Youtube about gambling in elvenar where the person made some interesting arguments. It was the 2018 Phoenix event iirc

Alram

Flippers just flip
I have some diamonds. I want that forge. Oh, I also want some magic workshops. And some premium expansions. I still need to do some Magic Academy upgrades too, and maybe get some more builders.

Hmmmm. Decisions Decisions. ;)

Iyapo1

I have some diamonds. I want that forge.
I also have diamonds and I want a second Manor! And because I knew something was coming I took a hard pass on all the Artifacts in my MA and the lovely little Manta, Crabby Hotel and Orc ship sale...I wanted the orc ship! I wanted this set more!

Iyapo1

Going down the "It's possible to win some diamonds for free therefore it's OK if anything costs diamonds" is a dangerous route to take.
It is okay for things you WANT to cost diamonds. For example...I always spend diamonds to climb to the top of the spire and that's okay because I get more out of it then i put in.