• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Guurt The Destroyer

Plaza>KP>coin>forge
Once you have the plaza you can see this

Okay. Thanks. I am curious to see if I can get the Pilgrim's Forge.

I need 110 staffs to finish the Forge. I currently have 2,105 event currency left. I have 6 daily quests left to complete, 5 or 6 of the free currency, and whatever I pick up off the ground.

I have no idea how lucky I needed to be with event currency in the beacons. I know I hit 300 one time. I have never really had a sense of how I am doing mostly because I didn't progress in spending the currency aggressively before I entered a new chapter... seemed pointless to pick up building sets before advancing chapters.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I am curious to see if I can get the Pilgrim's Forge.
It looks like you are in good shape. My unlucky(all currency spent, one +200 only) city spent 22.4 per point and you should have at least 600 more incoming.
So with pretty bad luck, you would get 120 of the 110 staves you need. Even with worse luck than mine and zero +200 wins you'd end up with 112

BrinDarby

Actually, the upcoming FA prizes are set in stone. Last-minute changes NEVER go well.
Yeah, like the nerf'n of Event currency ..... you're 100% right, that didn't go very well.

But really what can we expect from a game that allows blatent cheating and farming.
Imbalancing the game so much, that draconian measures are employed to combat all
the ( to me ) illegal things going on in Elvenar .....

so , Inno determines nerf'n is necessary, ( and chgs something u say is set in stone )
yet when that goes badly, its Inno's stance that the FA cannot be changed between
beta and live ( because , its set in stone )

I guess the currency payouts were set in stone, I will not recieve the correct amount,
so can you please deposit 500ish staffs into my worlds, to correct the mistake ????

about 90% of this discussion thread, is complaints.... and when <10% of active players
cannot even get 1 full set .... then something needs to be done, seriously it does !!!!!
Inno doesnt have to admit anything, just say..... We heard all the complaints, and while
we think things went just fine, we have decided to add the Mannor Forge into the FA.
We here @ InnoGames, certainly listen and want to serve our Customers (playerbase)

Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

Because history? Ever heard of "an ounce of prevention...."?
Also, "what is" is that as of now 100% of events require diamonds for many(most) players to complete.* Is that not concerning at all to you?
*Dispite iyapo's claim that you don't need a complete set for it to be complete because he is blinded by getting A CC per day.

1. not mad, concerned.
2. do you think this event is isolated? do you believe future events will either a) all give more crafting help, or b) won't have this new balance?

And all players want the same things, right?

yeesh. Good luck guys you're going to end up with the game you deserve, just don't be surprised if it's not the one you want.
You must be psychic. I've just seen the new event on you-know-where...

Vigali

Personally, if I can't manage to complete this event set (and it's looking likely that I won't), I'm going to teleport everything back -- even though mathematically the building will still be worth placing, I just don't want to place incomplete sets. I don't like it.

I'm not sure how many people are like me in that regard. But for the sake of argument, let's assume most people are (I know that's a big assumption): in that case, why bother creating an event whose rewards will go unused by so many people?

It's the sort of thing that can, over time, wear on a player base. It's the sort of thing that makes people feel like their time is not well spent on the game. There are tons of great arguments for why players shouldn't be upset by this stuff -- lots of people have made them on this thread, and they're not wrong. But regardless how solid and persuasive those arguments are, it doesn't change the reality that many players do get upset by it, and many players do start feeling like the game is a waste of time when they dump hours and hours into a game only to feel like they didn't get much out of it. When players feel like that, many of the things that 'tie' them to the game start to deteriorate. It eventually gets to a point where the primary reason a player still plays a game is because they feel like they're 'pot committed' -- that they've invested so much time and/or money that quitting would feel like they're wasting even more. Those players stick around for a while, but they don't last.

To be clear: I'm not arguing that players are going to quit over this one event. I'm only saying that for the long-term health of any game, keeping the player base engaged and making them feel like their time is well spent is paramount. When games repeatedly fail on that front, people eventually begin searching for something else. So while I don't necessarily think that Inno should do anything right now to "fix" what many players perceive as a problem with this event, I do think they should very carefully consider all of this criticism in future event design.

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

i do find it amusing that in 1 thread the same people asking for votes to fix problems created by their complaining, are in another thread complaining

StrongJean

No. But event seed producers are rarely as good as Festival Merchants. If you need more seed production, your best bet is to just keep an eye on the MA and wait for one to appear in the crafting rotation.

Hi Henroo, nice to see you :) So far I have one building from the event that produces mana but, not that much rather go for Festival Merchants!

StrongJean

I know for sure that I will not be able to complete the whole set however, I don't let that affect my game just do what I have to do to grow my city and move forward :) What is the big issues with these events? Most of the member cannot finish them either even in the high level FS that I am in so, for me it is no big deal.

StrongJean

I suspect this will be a popular choice. For the first time there is a very significant "?" as to what exactly you will get for your $$$, and you won't really know until there are less than 59 minutes remaining in the event.

It's interesting, "amateur" by definition is correct as it basically means "not a professional" but in actual north American usage it's much more frequently used as an insult.
Google translate fail.

Only the American language can twist words around and apply different meanings. In Gemany it is not insulting or anything like that and also does not mean you are not a professional. It's mainly used in sports in Germany nothing else growing up there and still speaking and writing fluently I can assure you that :)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Personally, if I can't manage to complete this event set (and it's looking likely that I won't), I'm going to teleport everything back -- even though mathematically the building will still be worth placing, I just don't want to place incomplete sets.
Can't teleport event buildings unfortunately...and they got you again!!! (Edit: Oh I am wrong. You can teleport sets, not evolve buildings)

I feel pretty meh about this event so far and content with a participation prize. Not wanting to figure out where to plonk a gigantic 40-tile set helps. Not wanting to drop 40 RRs per chapter to upgrade it helps. Already having a moonstone boneyard helps. Currently sitting on 3500 currency and not sure what to do with it since none of the dailies look appealing.

SoggyShorts

i do find it amusing that in 1 thread the same people asking for votes to fix problems created by their complaining, are in another thread complaining
Assuming you are talking about the poll regarding harder events with better rewards I fail to see what's amusing.

To be clear: Using myself as an example since I started that poll:
  1. I never asked for easier quests.
  2. I am asking for harder quests (with commensurate rewards)
  3. I also believe that all prizes offered should be attainable for players without spending diamonds through time, planning, and effort.
So what's amusing about that?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I also believe that all prizes offered should be attainable for players without spending diamonds through time, planning, and effort.

For the record, I play the events on Beta without looking at spoiler lists in advance, if I can help it. And I still get to the quest lock in 3-5 days, depending on actual quest selection and my supply of enchantments and instants. I have completed every event since I started that city during the Air Trader event last year, though yes, at least a couple of the evolving buildings required one or both artifacts from the following FA to max them. And the same is true for my Live city. There have been a couple of evolving buildings where I needed the artifacts from the FA to max it. But the events should not be so hard that you have to rely on some crappy FA to get what you couldn't from the event. And in the older days, when the events were a lot harder, there were several building sets that I never completed in my Live city. I hope those days never come back.

SoggyShorts

I have completed every event since I started that city during the Air Trader event last year, though yes, at least a couple of the evolving buildings required one or both artifacts from the following FA to max them. And the same is true for my Live city. There have been a couple of evolving buildings where I needed the artifacts from the FA to max it. But the events should not be so hard that you have to rely on some crappy FA to get what you couldn't from the event.
Well good news/bad news I guess:

Good news: By the looks of the next event you won't need the FA to complete the Evo because there won't be artifacts in the FA!
Bad news: Those artifacts that you need have been moved to the Silver and Gold leagues (as I predicted)