• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Iyapo1

On top of that, rather than offering what players
are willing to pay for, they offer anything but that... further dry'n up revenue
I can only speak for myself....I am more than willing to spend diamonds on the Pilgrims Manor it is a good building set and I wants it!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Iyapo1
@SoggyShorts You paused forward progress for reasons. If you are feeling unchallenged...can you throw math at it and work around or find a wiggle through the reasons you paused? Advancement through the tech tree is punative beyond 16 no getting around it...can you wiggle under or go sideways or...balance on a rail across the Abyss?
Sure I could, and I guess I already am. Going through chapter 16 increases my spire/tournament costs by 20%* while only increasing my production by 10%*, so to make up that difference I need to streamline and only upgrade really "good" military wonders, and I'm doing that.
Incremental progress from the tournament so that I can continue to make incremental progress in the tournament is why I left for a year last time.
I believe the expression then was "Being in a pie-eating contest where the prize is a slice of pie" Only now the cost of entry has gone up higher than the price of pie making it pointless.
*10/20 are rough, I forget the actual

zodiphd

Please use this thread to tell us what you think about the Sorcerers' Homecoming event!
4 days left to Sorcerers' Homecoming in the live and with multiple login's during each day, I won't have enough event items to get that last set building. Can't afford to buy my way to the end and an incomplete set is worthless to me with no way to get that last building. It's not a prize in the following FA. What's the incentive to play future events? Along with that sting, the league system is not equitable. Players who have the money to pay their way to the end will kick down every other player who can't. I don't like the direction the game is going, it didn't use to be like this.
OMG Inno! Went back over my Beta notes: we're getting 6 points less per event task in the live worlds than we got in Beta. What's up with that?

Last edited:

BrinDarby

I can only speak for myself....I am more than willing to spend diamonds on the Pilgrims Manor it is a good building set and I wants it!
"pay for" , meaning pay real $$$ for ...
and when 1st you have to buy overpriced diamonds, then
convert those, @ inflated rates, to event currency .... you pay twice ...

The reason diamonds are weak in value is cause they can be both
bought with $$ and earned ingame.... so the devs must determine
thier value knowing diamonds can be farmed/earned.

You also can't buy a stash outpost ( when offered, which isn't all
the time ) with diamonds, only with real $$$.

Iyapo1

But for the record...I like this building and I wants it. I am willing to throw all my earned in game diamonds at it and if that is not enough I very well may throw cash money behind it.

What I do with my money is even less your business than what I do with my diamonds.

Nectar of the Gods

I don't care what you do with your diamonds, either free or purchased, lyapo1. I don't care what anyone does with their diamonds. What I care about is those of us who do not have a stash of diamonds not being able to get a complete set by playing the event to its finish. I care about the steel building. You treat it as a throwaway because the set will "work" without it. The set may "work" without it to get the 1 CC at the end, but it is not complete without it. I am not alone in wanted the complete set.

This event is flawed in my opinion because I can not get the complete set playing the event without the use of diamonds. I am sure it is not flawed at all to Inno, as that is surely their goal to increase their income.

BrinDarby

if task #74 opens on Sunday, with 1 day left ....
how are there T-encounters possible to do ????
Might as well just say "do 10 reg encounters"
roflmao

shimmerfly

If you log in multiple times a day and "do" the spire and take the time/supplies to collect the diamonds from the MA. Then you deserve to get the last piece. If you don't want it bad enough or don't have the time it isn't anyone elses fault.
The prizes are not that great anyway and you'll be able to replace this stuff in another month

I'm sounding like aj or brin now god help me!

Nectar of the Gods

If you log in multiple times a day and "do" the spire and take the time/supplies to collect the diamonds from the MA. Then you deserve to get the last piece. If you don't want it bad enough or don't have the time it isn't anyone elses fault.
The prizes are not that great anyway and you'll be able to replace this stuff in another month

I'm sounding like aj or brin now god help me!

So, logging in multiple times a day and doing the spire and keeping the MA producing items to fill the globe, I deserve to get the last prize? Guess what? It isn't happening.

I have my MA making things constantly. Why is there an assumption that people will get diamonds from the MA? There are prizes in the MA that are not diamonds and diamonds are in no way guaranteed in that prize set. It is a percentage chance and even when the percentage chance is the highest, I still miss out on them. I get diamonds from the MA occasionally. Not enough times to make much of a difference despite going through it on a regular basis. The only diamonds that are guaranteed are those that are won as fellowship prizes in the Spire. I just got 125 diamonds from my FS taking Silver in the Spire. That is not going to buy a lot of Sorcerer's Knowledge, is it?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I did not say it did not matter, I said it is not needed for the set bonuses.
It is not needed. The set works perfectly with 6 buildings!
You keep posting that, but it's not the truth, it's only your opinion because you are blinded by CC.
In my world, "the set" makes planks, marble, steel, and CCs so it absolutely does not "work perfectly" with the steel missing.

shimmerfly

@Nectar of the Gods
Wow I didn't attempt to tick you off.
Maybe I don't feel so strongly about a prize in a game. Maybe I feel f you want something abd enough you can attempt to try different things to attain it.
Sorry if I upset you. It wasn't my intention.

shimmerfly

No problem and no apology needed. We all get excited once in a whlie. I hope you get what you want out of this event.
I used to think it was great to get any prizes when I started. ahh remember those days??!
haha
edited because of goofy fingers

Iyapo1

You keep posting that, but it's not the truth, it's only your opinion because you are blinded by CC.
In my world, "the set" makes planks, marble, steel, and CCs so it absolutely does not "work perfectly" with the steel missing.
I have been really clearly blinded by the CCs for the entire event. I am in chapter 7. No more moonstones for me and a tournament change coming that is going to tank my relic farming.
The only thing of value to me is the CC and the CC relics.

When the live currency was reduced I panicked and mathed endlessly until I found out the set bonus still works with 6 pieces.

There was no way I was going to finish that short.

I keep repeating it because players check the forum during events. They need to know the set bonus still works.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
What we have is a catch-22 situation ..... and it boils down to 1 thing.
the constant tugg-pull of : players using creative ways to improve thier
play and/or the buildup of "helpers" and simple progression .... vs :
the dev teams reactions and changes, trying to combat what the players
are doing and rebalance out the game.

if you make an event challanging to a CH16 player, the CH2 player is screwed.
if you make it so a CH2 player can complete, the CH16 player is beyond bored.

Inno recently seems to be swinging around to cater to the newer players, due
to the fact if you aren't replacing and retaining new players to replace the
players that quit or stop paying , your revenue stream dries up... In the process
Inno is pissing off many of the older players, while not adequately addressing
problems newer players face. On top of that, rather than offering what players
are willing to pay for, they offer anything but that... further dry'n up revenue.

Take for example, DA, UUU, ELR, MMM .... rather than limiting it each week to
(1) da and (2) of the other 3 , basically no more than that @ any given time....
Inno would rather assume that some ppl will unlim stack those and adversely
imbalance the game, so they rebalance to take that into account....
What then for those who don't have any of those, well they get left high/dry
and are screwed 10 ways to sunday.....

The same goes for 1 player having every evolve under the sun to S10, and
every AW evolved , vs those with none..... the game gets rebalanced enuff
so the 2nd player is also screwed 10 ways to sunday.

Hell they took Moonestone outta the Spire, but didn't fix it, so it still
imbalances the game adversely....

Is there a solution, well yes.... but Inno won't like it ....
Brin

I'm not sure of the second paragraph but appreciate it that you say it "seems," rather than make it sound like a factual statement.

I once stacked 7 ELR;s for a tournament. I checked the difference between six and seven and it was minuscule. After 3-5, in my opinion, it isn't worth it. So players who stack may not be having as much of an impact as you think. AND, of course, there's nothing preventing a chapter 4 city from stacking too. I have one in Beta and have 3 ELR's. I could stack them so I'm not sure the advantage is to anybody more than to another. I could be wrong, of course since to craft them does take more CC and that is harder to get in chapter 4 (I have a moonstone library set and am quite proud of having it, lol!).

AJ

Dew Spinner

I have been really clearly blinded by the CCs for the entire event. I am in chapter 7. No more moonstones for me and a tournament change coming that is going to tank my relic farming.
The only thing of value to me is the CC and the CC relics.

When the live currency was reduced I panicked and mathed endlessly until I found out the set bonus still works with 6 pieces.

There was no way I was going to finish that short.

I keep repeating it because players check the forum during events. They need to know the set bonus still works.
As @SoggyShorts is saying.....You are only looking at your own game and not the vast majority of players, so your comments don't ring true to very many.