• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Tauriel Dragonwood

I didn’t think beginning a new city in Elcysandir right before the Sorcerers’ Homecoming Event started was a good idea but it turned out to be a great idea. As an elf I only had Archers and Sword Dancers. The heavy units gained from the Beacons of Power helped tremendously to complete encounters for the “Gain Relics” quests. With the resources from the event buildings, I was able to build more and upgrade my one goods building to trade for the goods needed to advance further in the event.

When the Tournament and Spire were closed, this caused many days’ delay in completing encounter quests. Even when the Tournament was open, only 2 encounters were available to new players. Also, gaining Enchantments was not possible until I built the Magic Academy.

In my opinion, there were too many Gain Relics and Solve Encounters quests. I was able to fight in the provinces because some were still Easy. Fighting in the Hard provinces was only possible with the help of Treants and Orc Strategists gained from the Beacons of Power. I was lucky to have neighbors who were willing to trade when I had no alternative but to negotiate. I was only able to reach Quest 29 but, as a player beginning a new city, that’s further than I’ve gone in previous events.

Our graphic artists have given us beautifully designed event buildings. They amaze me with their creations, making me look forward to each event. Notwithstanding the huge amount of encounter quests, I really enjoyed the Sorcerers’ Homecoming Event.

Iyapo1

One unintended consequence of this nerfed currency amount that I'm sure @Iyapo1 will love:
With the increased need for diamonds (and therefore crafting), I will be doubling the number of moonstone sets in each city to increase my CC production. :p
I have my BTG up and running so my scroll problem is gradually resolving and as for CCs and my sour grapes re: moonstone bonyards....

The Pilgrims Manor is heaping spoonful of sugar.

2 CCs (one crafted one not) using a 6 building set = 2 CCs(one crafted and one not) in 32 squares. Moonstone does it in 42 squares, and gives scrolls and spell fragments....enjoy that!

Inno gave me what I needed with this building. I do believe(as long as new players can get this set sooner rather than later in the MA) my sour grapes have ripened. This building is pretty awsome.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
2 CCs (one crafted one not) using a 6 building set = 2 CCs(one crafted and one not)
I still find it to be a really big stretch to call 3 relics a CC.

I mean looking at my relics stash would it be fair to say I've got 4,000 CCs (but they're just not crafted yet)?
If you think that's fair then
I've also got a stack of paper and a pen some uncrafted novels to sell you... ;)

Perhaps you work for IKEA? :p

Iyapo1

I still find it to be a really big stretch to call 3 relics a CC.
Well yeah, perspective matters, you have a nice moonstone boneyard, I have to craft most of my CCs.....on that note....you have 4000 CC relics of each CC relic?....And you left them uncrafted because you have 100s of CCs?....You probably even have enough 5 hour timers to craft all but 500(ascended boost matters)....

I am sooooooo jealous.

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

Well yeah, perspective matters, you have a have a nice moonstone boneyard, I have to craft most of my CCs.....on that note....you have 4000 CC relics of each CC relic?....And you left them uncrafted because you have 100s of CCs?....You probably even have enough 5 hour timers to craft all but 500(ascended boost matters)....

I am sooooooo jealous.
Once you unlock especially the Halflings & Constructs AW's, you'll be spending 100's of relics leveling at least 3 of those to Lv30.
(Trade Center is optional since it depends entirely on having factories of your own, but Toads + Simia + Timewarp are basically all top tier must-haves.)
Doing especially Lv3 of the Spire every week + the fellowship rewards will also yield more CC's than can ever be used.

The current set is quite good yes. But the relics aren't that great a selling feature - the T1 production + CC are where it's at, since making a double set will basically allow for removing all remaining T1 factories.
For Sentient -> Ascended chapters, this is amazaballs, since that's now a pile of pop + culture freed up to spend on T4+ :p.

Tauriel Dragonwood

The Support Team gave me advice if I build 10 armories, battles get easier. I'm already seeing the color of provinces change from red to orange. They do take up a lot of space but if I can fight then I won't need to use up all my goods negotiating. Has anyone built 10 armories to confirm this is true?

The Unbeliever

The Support Team gave me advice if I build 10 armories, battles get easier. I'm already seeing the color of provinces change from red to orange. They do take up a lot of space but if I can fight then I won't need to use up all my goods negotiating. Has anyone built 10 armories to confirm this is true?
Armouries have nothing to do with world map battle difficulty - only your Squad Size. (determined by how many 'Squad Size' technologies you've researched)

Each chapter is designed to force you to scout & complete only a certain number of provinces. (10-20 in the earliest chapters, then typically 30 provinces per chapter)
Each time you scout a new province on the world map, the cost to scout it increases. This also increases the number of troops you'll face and increase the costs to cater it.
Researching the 'Advanced Scouts' tech at the beginning of every chapter will *decrease* these costs, though it only keeps you within the 'Very Easy' to 'Moderate' difficulty levels if you stay within the recommended scouting caps. (ie: 30 provinces per chapter on average)

Having more armouries simply increases the amount of troops you can train in a single slot in your Barracks/Training Grounds/Merc camp.
Upgrading your Barracks/Training Grounds/Merc camp increases the speed at which your troops are trained.

Typically, if ALL your fights are 'Hard' or 'Very Hard', then it means you've;
1. over scouted, generally by a lot!
2. have also skipped out on researching multiple Squad Size technologies in the research tree.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Typically, if ALL your fights are 'Hard' or 'Very Hard', then it means you've;
1. over scouted, generally by a lot!

At least overscouting hurts you less, the further into the chapters you get. When chapter 18 was added to the game, I had well over 100 more provinces completed than I needed to enter the chapter, and all my map provinces are Medium. Chapter 18 also does not have an Advanced Scouts tech to reduce the difficulty, so I was at Medium before and after entering the chapter.

Nectar of the Gods

Ok, so to get the complete set in Ceravyn I went ahead and spent $10 on sorcerer's knowledge. I moved two of my marble out and did some readjusting of thins so I could fit the set in. My question is, why does the steel building, the hardest one of the set to get, give less goods than the plank and marble buildings? Why is the amount different at all? Anyone?

Iyapo1

Umm... Doesn't physical size tend to be a bit irrelevant in Elvenar? :rolleyes:
Not sure how you mean this. The steel manufactory is 2 squares smaller than either the plank or marble pieces so the overall production of the forge is lower for the whole building but higher per individual square.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Not sure how you mean this. The steel manufactory is 2 squares smaller than either the plank or marble pieces so the overall production of the forge is lower for the whole building but higher per individual square.

Yep. This is why some of us try to use the production-per-square-per-hour comparison to show which buildings are really the best ones. This is also how they are sorted on elven architect.

SoggyShorts

Yep. This is why some of us try to use the production-per-square-per-hour comparison to show which buildings are really the best ones. This is also how they are sorted on elven architect.
The only thing I wish is that EA included roads. Not counting them gives the impression that smaller, square buildings are much better than they truly are.

SoggyShorts

Does anyone know how many SK we got from the main quests? Gamersgems and Platinum both have the pre-nerf beta numbers.

Aritra

I think that my poorly made (or accidentally omitted) point was that just because the forge used fewer tiles, that wasn't necessarily a reason for it to be scaled to be less productive than its T1 brothers within the same set. And, if it had been given the same quantity despite fewer tiles, that would have raised its value (per tile assessment), becoming more worthy as the coveted final piece.