• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think it's more like maybe only 20-25% or so actually managed a full set! ;)

Nope, probably way less than 20% got an entire set. As far as I an tell, the percentages of the league are inclusive, not additive. 50% made Amateur. Of those 50%, 20% made Bronze. Of those 20%, 5% made Silver. And of those 5%, 1% made Gold. So 20% made Bronze or better, not 20%+5%+1% for 26% making Bronze or better.

And since none of the US servers got better than the 220s for Bronze, way less than 20% of total US players got a complete set. But Inno will never tell us the actual number of players who got 260+ staffs and a complete set. With Bronze being that low across the board, I would not be surprised if only about 10-12% of all the active players completed the set.

The Unbeliever

Nope, probably way less than 20% got an entire set. As far as I an tell, the percentages of the league are inclusive, not additive. 50% made Amateur. Of those 50%, 20% made Bronze. Of those 20%, 5% made Silver. And of those 5%, 1% made Gold. So 20% made Bronze or better, not 20%+5%+1% for 26% making Bronze or better.

And since none of the US servers got better than the 220s for Bronze, way less than 20% of total US players got a complete set. But Inno will never tell us the actual number of players who got 260+ staffs and a complete set. With Bronze being that low across the board, I would not be surprised if only about 10-12% of all the active players completed the set.
No, IIRC the %'s are not inclusive, since you only get 1 reward and not cumulative rewards for passing the various league barriers...
So 1% got gold. The next 5% got silver, (making up 6% total), and then the next 20% got bronze, etc, etc...

Yes, it technically means that the %'s go over 100, but well, since when do Inno and math ever make sense in the same sentence?!

BrinDarby

Heck, this past week I've found myself siding with BrinDerpy and CombativeKaren so we know the world is upside down.
Comon SaggyPants, even when we agree... still namecalling..... altho in some perverse way,
some of the time, I'd rather debate with you, than with ppl that can't add 2+2 together.

I , for one, did all the tasks, and came up short for the 7th GP in every world I play in.
I broke a cardinal rule and spent diamonds, cause this is a killer set to have full set.
@Enevhar Aldarion , and others like me/Soggy ... are correct.

So I guess roughly ~~10% of the active players are funding Inno, and the other 90%
are F2P only , players.... While I agree with the dev team, than allowing players to
rediculiously imbalance the game is bad, unless everyone is either a F2P player or
a P2P player, no game can eliminate this from happening.....

Also when a company devalues products, after the fact, the ppl that might/will pay
decreases over time.... Lets say ya buy a Cadilac, and 1 year later (poof) its a Chevette...
You wouldn't buy a Chevette, you didn't buy a Chevette, so when u need a new car... You
are less likely to buy another Cadilac (GM) so you go buy a Lexus.... Either way, GM loses
a potential reoccuring customer..... Likewise you cannot expand your %base for sales
above the amount that ppl can afford/have disposable income to buy.... IE- You can't
hope for a 20% market share, if only 8% can afford your product/service....

And for the million'th time .... 5$ from 100 ppl > 40$ from 10 ppl ... once you go down
the path of squeezing more $ from less ppl, rather than gaining customers and getting
a smaller amount from more customers..... increasingly your revenue stream dries up !!!

Bronze, in ALL worlds shudda been > 260 , otherwise epic fail for the event... allowing
20% of your active players to complete an event, doesn't imbalance the game.... AND
anyone paying in will usually be imbalanced to some degree anyway, so the Nerf of
currency just influences your playerbase's decisions on future events.....

BrinDarby

No, IIRC the %'s are not inclusive, since you only get 1 reward and not cumulative rewards for passing the various league barriers...
So 1% got gold. The next 5% got silver, (making up 6% total), and then the next 20% got bronze, etc, etc...

OMG really :rolleyes: ...... 1% get paid Gold , 4% get Silver, 15% get Bronze, 30% get Amateur, and 50% get Hobby.....

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

No, look at the prizes. Amateur prizes included the Hobby prize, Bronze included Amateur, Silver included Bronze, and Gold included Silver. There only one difference, where Bronze got a Carting Library, while Silver and Gold got the Ferris Wheel instead. But that was still an expiring, KP-producing building in both cases, so basically the same.

Aritra

I got lucky. Full sets in each city (ch.2-Aren, ch.10-Winy). Bronze for each. Zero diamonds/cash used.
I repeat:
I got lucky.

If I hadn't been lucky to get just enough bonuses, I would have missed out despite doing every task and diligently picking up fallen currency. Even then, it was close. I would have been so mad if I hadn't acquired the last piece, despite gathering all currency possible. And even more angry if I had spent diamonds/cash and it still hadn't been enough (I know of people who experienced this). Extreme RNG is stupid. I don't like gambling. I came out okay, but that doesn't make it okay.

Fayeanne

Epic fail in my opinion. Steel producers are also typically scroll producers as well, and what do the planners go and ensure we're shorted?

It's actually sort of the other way around. Since we are boosted in Steel, we can much more easily make up the shortfall for not having the Forge. Players not boosted in Steel can't, so they are going to wind up with an overabundance of Planks and Marble which they will be trying to get rid of in the Trader. Guess what they'll be wanting to trade for? Yep, Steel.

Compare with Scrolls, where everybody has Scrolls and nobody wants them. This will be the opposite situation.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Compare with Scrolls, where everybody has Scrolls and nobody wants them. This will be the opposite situation.
I feel like in the next Underwater Jump Through Hoops Event, Inno's going to introduce a quest where everyone has to accept 16 scroll trades just to troll us some more.

Dew Spinner

This is where I started the event:

I am not a fan of the league mechanic. I waited for it to lock before throwing diamonds at it.

But throw diamonds at it I did. This is an amazing set. I unlocked the extra stone mason in two of my cities. In my third city I unlocked the extra forge.

I love this building set.
But.........can you see, that just because you love it, that other players don't want to spend Diamonds and/or real money for 1 complete set, when this is a free to play game? I agree, if you want "extras" of anything then having to pay is justifiable but when you can't get 1 complete set after you have "jumped through all the hoops", then that isn't right. Can you ayleast admit to that?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
But.........can you see, that just because you love it, that other players don't want to spend Diamonds and/or real money for 1 complete set, when this is a free to play game? I agree, if you want "extras" of anything then having to pay is justifiable but when you can't get 1 complete set after you have "jumped through all the hoops", then that isn't right. Can you ayleast admit to that?

Except the game will give you plenty of free diamonds, if you play it right and have good luck. So why shouldn't people spend those free diamonds on whatever they want in the game? Plus, spending free diamonds is nothing like spending real money on the game.

Dew Spinner

Except the game will give you plenty of free diamonds, if you play it right and have good luck. So why shouldn't people spend those free diamonds on whatever they want in the game? Plus, spending free diamonds is nothing like spending real money on the game.
In past events you didn't have to spend to get the "set" or "evo" WHY should we have to spend now, Free Diamonds or not? I would like to use my Free Diamonds on what I want instead of having to spend my Free Diamonds on something that used to be FREE.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In past events you didn't have to spend to get the "set" or "evo" WHY should we have to spend now, Free Diamonds or not? I would like to use my Free Diamonds on what I want instead of having to spend my Free Diamonds on something that used to be FREE.

You have not been around long enough to know about all the events. The first three or four years of the game, in most of the events, the only way to get all the grand prizes was to spend money to get them all. Inno did not makes things easier until they started doing the evolving buildings a little over two years ago.

Dew Spinner

You have not been around long enough to know about all the events. The first three or four years of the game, in most of the events, the only way to get all the grand prizes was to spend money to get them all. Inno did not makes things easier until they started doing the evolving buildings a little over two years ago.
I don't really care about past events. A Free To Play Game Should Be Free To Play, for all players. If you want extras then sure, get your wallet out.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Plus, spending free diamonds is nothing like spending real money on the game.
Here's my theory:
They first put free diamonds into the game with Wishing Wells as a daily prize. After some time passed, they didn't like the way that was going (all the WW farms) so they made WW's grand prize only (limiting the number you could get). Then, they discontinued the WW in favor of the Spire/Genie/Mystery Object. After a couple years (Spire Launched Aug 2019), they've come up with the 'average' (for lack of a better word) number of diamonds won in these activities. Unfortunately, that number is skewed by players [*raises hand*] who now craft for the Mystery Object as much as for the items in the recipes. This causes that number to be much higher than the diamonds won by the average player. Now they're coming up with a way to *encourage* players to spend that amount of diamonds on event bldgs, with the idea that will cause some spending of real money for more diamonds for other things in the game.

In the years they have spent trying to twist themselves into a pretzel to increase their revenue surreptitiously they could have developed a premium *store* of some sort with other things (skins, avatars, prior event bldgs, etc) that cost diamonds. They'd have already been collecting income from that increased use of diamonds for quite some time now.
I really don't understand why they prefer to spend developer time on finagling a way to cause diamonds to be spent (then cross their fingers and hope it works well and doesn't have any hidden exploits) instead of presenting a straight up 'spend your diamonds here' function...

Dew Spinner

Here's my theory:
They first put free diamonds into the game with Wishing Wells as a daily prize. After some time passed, they didn't like the way that was going (all the WW farms) so they made WW's grand prize only (limiting the number you could get). Then, they discontinued the WW in favor of the Spire/Genie/Mystery Object. After a couple years (Spire Launched Aug 2019), they've come up with the 'average' (for lack of a better word) number of diamonds won in these activities. Unfortunately, that number is skewed by players [*raises hand*] who now craft for the Mystery Object as much as for the items in the recipes. This causes that number to be much higher than the diamonds won by the average player. Now they're coming up with a way to *encourage* players to spend that amount of diamonds on event bldgs, with the idea that will cause some spending of real money for more diamonds for other things in the game.

In the years they have spent trying to twist themselves into a pretzel to increase their revenue surreptitiously they could have developed a premium *store* of some sort with other things (skins, avatars, prior event bldgs, etc) that cost diamonds. They'd have already been collecting income from that increased use of diamonds for quite some time now.
I really don't understand why they prefer to spend developer time on finagling a way to cause diamonds to be spent (then cross their fingers and hope it works well and doesn't have any hidden exploits) instead of presenting a straight up 'spend your diamonds here' function...
Excellent Idea but that would be too easy for INNO to do! Inno is like someone who cuts themselves because the pain makes then feel alive, otherwise they wouldn't feel at all, pretty sad really.