• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sorcerers' Homecoming discussion

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have a lot of respect for you, Darielle. You play a smart game with well thought out strategy. I know you believe your strategy got you your building set but it really came down to luck. You said "it is very unlikely that you'll fail to get an 18 or 45 three times in a row" but that's not true. Every time chests are generated their value is assigned using RNG so you have exactly the same chance of getting or not getting an 18 or 45 each and every time.
Calculating the best chest strategy isn't simply a matter of choosing lowest cost per chest or best cost to flag ratio as evidenced by this elvenar player who's been trying to develop an accurate formula and no strategy is a guarantee; if it were then I should have had the same outcome for all 6 cities instead of the wildly varying results I did get.
Okay, I grant you that I wasn't thinking about the luck of the values, only the luck of getting extra scrolls in the chests. So you may be right after all. You've given me a new perspective.

NeoKiller

I've been playing this game for almost a year now, so I'm relatively a new player. And I have to say that this event is the most disappointing one that I have encounter so far.

At first, I was really exited about the new league system. But then after I learned how it works and what kind of system it is, I quickly realized that as a free to play player, I will never be able to reach the Gold Rank of the league. So I said, well, let's just focus on getting the daily prize buildings and completing the set building.

I proceeded the event by choosing the most expensive beacons (80, 83 and 89) because they have the highest chance of granting me the daily prize building of that day. But after a few days, I realized that if I continue down this road, I won't be able to complete the set building of the event. So, I changed my strategy. I started to choose the most valuable beacon out of the three options that I'm presented with. For example, if the options are 18, 45 and 80? I will choose 18. And if the options are 27, 45 and 80? I will choose 45. Basically, I will take the cost of the beacon and divide it by the amount of SK that it gives and then choose the least costly one. I continued using this strategy for the rest of the event, and only participate when the daily prize of the day is an event building.

I logged in each day for multiple times a day, and I finished all the 75 quests of the event. At the end of the event, I managed to complete the set building and I was placed in Silver Rank with only 5 or 6 SK above the Bronze rank (I wasn't event close to Gold Ranks lol).

The things that disappointed me about this event are:
First, for the duration that I spent playing this game, this is the first time that I felt that no matter how active of a player I'm and how much work I put in, I will never be able to reach the top of the event due to pay to win element.
Second, the additional prizes that you get after finishing in a certain rank of the league is a joke. I mean, if we put the extra buildings aside and only look at the other rewards, it's actually hilarious. For your top 20% they get 20 KP and 5 RR? And for your top 5% they receive additional 15 KP and 3 RR? It just seemed to me like these rewards are very low compared to the work that you'll have to put in.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Bah, that's just semantics and you know it.

P.S. That Goddess of disappointment is absolute shite and I wouldn't even look at an event if that were really the prize. Seriously, is the reason you are so for this new system because diamonds are free for inno employees? How many do you get for being a shill?
Does liking the game make me a "shill"? I do like the game.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

Honest advice: If you do something like this, don't tell anyone.
You basically admitted that you saw someone's shoelaces were untied and you said nothing even though there was almost no chance they'd even be in the same race as you.
I'm having a hard time not thinking less of you for it.
That's what happens when INNO makes players compete against each other. In @Iyapo1 defense, she couldn't have done that if ElvenGems info was correct. Every event their info is wrong and this is what happens, in this event they had 4 of the buildings with the wrong sizes and the chests were wrong too. Misinformation from a site like ElvenGems hurts players more than it helps and this is the exact proof of that! If ElvenGems can't provide accurate Event info then they should focus on other areas of the game and exclude Events from their website, especially seeing that the site is full of ads and they are being paid for the inaccurate info that's hurts players more than it helps!

LutherTheHairy

I was able to get the Forge without spending any diamonds. I tried somewhat hard to harvest the free currency that fell from the sky but I bet only got about 1/2 to 2/3s of it. I do not have an Ashen Phoenix

My beacon strategy was to calculate staves per sorcerers' knowledge (SK) for each beacon adjusted by the probability of winning SK for each beacon multiplied by the number of SK that could be won. Then I prioritized the beacons accordingly. I would have to run some Monte Carlo sims to see the distribution of staves achieved this way to see what the median turns out to be (I did notice the game was nice about not making beacons available that provide more staves than needed to reach 20..say if I was at 19, I only got 1 stave beacons)/ I did not feel particularly lucky or unlucky in the number of sorcerer's knowledge wins at the beacons. I got to the forge, with perhaps 10- 20 staves to spare.

A day or so after I reached the forge I did spend 100 diamonds to ensure I stayed in silver (I was right on the minimum with 4-5 hours to go at my bedtime) because I wanted a Ferris Wheel, dangit, and the extra RRs were nice too. I doubt I would have stayed silver if I had not done that, but who knows...

does anyone know how to see what the final Event League cutoff levels were for each world?

Jianju

@Jianju
On the bright side you can get all the link bonuses with just 6 buildings. All you are missing is the steel. The set still works and is still awsome.
An interesting side-effect of not having the Pilgrim's Forge is that since my boosted 1 Tier good is Steel, I now have pretty steady level of all three 1 Tier goods and no longer have to trade much at all - even though I don't have any Marble or Planks manufactories.

zodiphd

But the set shouldn't need to be replaced. If you have the entire set and you like it, then you can use RR spells to bring it up to your next chapter. (Btw, thank you Inno for creating RR spells.)

I have sets that are a lot older than the next event. I keep them because they give me what I want and need. Giving Inno a pass on an event where the majority of the people are not getting a complete set even after doing everything they can to gain the complete set (except buy and spend diamonds) isn't a good direction to go. At least not in my mind.

It's ok to feel disappointed, zodiphd. You are not the only person who is disappointed by this event.
When another event building/set comes along that I can get fully evolved or all the buildings to the set, AND gives me similar output, it will be replaced. Until then, it's up and running, albeit incomplete, I'm still getting something + a catalyst. I have kept some more recent event buildings and upgraded them (yay for the RR) so I get more of the productions I need. I have also sold a lot of event buildings/sets over the years, as space and resource needs change the further we advance in the game. At some point, you'll likely see a building that gives you more of what you need and you'll have to sell/teleport another to place it. Replacing buildings is part of the game and a personal choice, as is calculating whether it's worth spending the RR to upgrade them. Note: it'll take more RR to upgrade the entire 5x8 set than one evolving building; though I suppose some players may choose to upgrade just a portion of the set buildings. At some point, you'll likely see a building that gives you more of what you need and you'll have to sell/teleport another to place it. Game on! :)

Nectar of the Gods

@zodiphd I am ever so glad that I held onto a set building that I got in the Winter Magic Event a couple years ago. I haven't upgraded all the buildings to Chapter 15, but I have upgraded the Christmas Tree. It is the highest mana producer in the city. Not only is it aesthetically appealing, it is great for what it gives me. I have found nothing else that touches it. I won't say it is always the case, but my experience is that the event buildings given now are not as decent in rewards as the event buildings of the past. I am glad I held onto what I had, even though I had no way to upgrade them until Inno decided to give us RR spells. I'm glad I didn't turn the buildings into spell fragments.

The Unbeliever

@zodiphd I am ever so glad that I held onto a set building that I got in the Winter Magic Event a couple years ago. I haven't upgraded all the buildings to Chapter 15, but I have upgraded the Christmas Tree. It is the highest mana producer in the city. Not only is it aesthetically appealing, it is great for what it gives me. I have found nothing else that touches it. I won't say it is always the case, but my experience is that the event buildings given now are not as decent in rewards as the event buildings of the past. I am glad I held onto what I had, even though I had no way to upgrade them until Inno decided to give us RR spells. I'm glad I didn't turn the buildings into spell fragments.
The event buildings have been nerfed into the ground for nearly the past 2 years now...

Seems like we can count on at least 1 really good to 'outstanding' event prize per year? Last year gave us the amazing Witch's Hut that is a great Orks resource + Frogs producer, and so far this year, we've had the Sorc's set that seems to be the tops.
Last year also had the Gollum evo building, which is definitely a 'good' building for human players until about Ch.11/12 or so. (free priests w/out the AW Lv's hit to your spire/tournament formula).

But overall, the days of event being gold mines for outstanding prizes is well and truly a thing of the past. :(

Guurt The Destroyer

I finished right in the middle of Silver. I got the full set plus two extra set pieces.

I spent 0 diamonds.

How did I do this? What amazing strategy did I employ? What was my secret?

I got lucky. It had nothing to do with anything I did. It was pure luck.

I pulled the slot machine lever and hit the free SK jackpot quite often. At one point I got free SK from three of the most expensive Beacons in a row. It was luck.