• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Space Suggestion

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Thanks @samidodamage
@SummerAmbrosia I managed to find a solution saving 145 roads, or nearly 6 expansions worth. I noticed you didn't have any settlement buildings so not sure if you are just starting or finishing Ch14. As such I didn't consider which buildings you will be expanding next.
I reorganised all your existing buildings as shown here in Elvenarchitect.
Key challenge for your city was the many small buildings. You'll notice comparing your layout and my suggested one that I don't have any roads along or to the edge of the map. I try to put the longest buildings along the edge, and use the building sizes to create straight lines of roads that don't come to the edge of the map.
Hope it helps!

Smooper

I have tried to use ElvenArchitect but I can't get how to move things and organize. Trying to figure out a plan for the new chapter is my main thing with the changes in resident size etc. I was almost thinking of just using graph paper. Does anyone know if there is a tutorial on using ElvenArchitect (video preferably)?

edit: apparently there is one in ElvenGems from 5 years ago. Maybe it is helpful.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
DF9F2F33-2CD2-4746-A9F9-2A2D4445B84E.gif

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Smooper best used on pc or possibly tablet, but not phone, it is just too small.

To expand, build, sell or move buildings, use the buttons bottom of page. For example, click move, then click on and drag the building you want to move.
image_2022-10-25_182420026.png

image_2022-10-25_182922730.png

The build button brings up a menu where you can find all current and old buildings, including event buildings and ancient wonders, so you can plan out how your city would look if you included others not currently in your city (click thumbnail image below to make it larger). It includes chapters for event buildings and stages for evolving buildings.
image_2022-10-25_182802656.png

The settings button let's you customer the view of the city, to focus on which buildings need road connections, which produce population/culture/mana/seeds, and which buildings are set buildings. Very useful. The report button is also useful to give you stats on your city. The save/load buttom let's you save it in browser, and return to it (load), or create a link as I have done in the above posts.
image_2022-10-25_182504563.png

image_2022-10-25_183129218.png

And finally, Elvenarchitect does not move the buildings in your game, you have to do that separately afterwards in-game.

SummerAmbrosia

Thanks @samidodamage
@SummerAmbrosia I managed to find a solution saving 145 roads, or nearly 6 expansions worth. I noticed you didn't have any settlement buildings so not sure if you are just starting or finishing Ch14. As such I didn't consider which buildings you will be expanding next.
I reorganised all your existing buildings as shown here in Elvenarchitect.
Key challenge for your city was the many small buildings. You'll notice comparing your layout and my suggested one that I don't have any roads along or to the edge of the map. I try to put the longest buildings along the edge, and use the building sizes to create straight lines of roads that don't come to the edge of the map.
Hope it helps!
Wow! I'm starting chapter 14. I've been sitting here for a long time because I'm catering and loving it. But, I'll need to move up in a bit. This will be a huge help thank you so much:)