• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Specific Collection Times

DeletedUser20951

Alright, I want to preface this with the full disclosure that I realize the idea has as much chance of ever being implemented as successfully convincing another with opposing political beliefs to give your own the benefit of respectful doubt, but the desire to throw it out there persists, regardless.

I am constantly forgetting to collect from my various collectable-from thingies at the same time every day (or every other day, and I do know this is a failing on my own part. Hush now), but it also annoys me that the time of collection inevitably edges ever forward even with prompt gathering. To counter this creep and my own ineptitude at keeping track of time, I propose that a feature is added where you can set a specific time, say eleven o'clock PM PST, that these buildings offer up their goodies, and it wouldn't matter when you actually dropped in and snagged them, except that it was daily/twice-daily. You would still have to collect to reset the timer, and although you could, technically, pick up mere minutes before the reset occurred and get the next right after (which is likely the main detracting factor), the allotted rewards for a certain time frame would remain the same.

Ah, right, and my wording suggests that I want it tailored for each timezone, but I don't care which is the master zone, simply that I would be able to select a time that matches the time of day I prefer.

NightshadeCS

While helpful, I think this is probably too complicated, practically.

I self-correct by skipping all perpetual collections for a day, then snagging them all the next morning, my preferred time for collecting all that extra stuff. It's a bummer to lose out on a day here or there, but is wonderful for my peace of mind. ;):p

I also have to periodically do this for FS helps, though that one you can roll back with careful planning, helping an hour earlier each day until you reach your desired time. Too much work for me, most of the time. :D

DeletedUser20951

While helpful, I think this is probably too complicated, practically.
Yeah, it's more of a wishlist type of thing, something that would greatly improve my enjoyment of the game, not a feature I believe to be feasible.
I self-correct by skipping all perpetual collections for a day, then snagging them all the next morning, my preferred time for collecting all that extra stuff. It's a bummer to lose out on a day here or there, but is wonderful for my peace of mind.
I can, usually accidentally, skip about a half a day, but intentionally waiting out until a preferred time comes around has been beyond my capabilities of self-discipline so far. XD
I also have to periodically do this for FS helps, though that one you can roll back with careful planning, helping an hour earlier each day until you reach your desired time.
This I do, even though it takes more effort overall, because, apparently, my willingness is either highly illogical, or dependent on whether it affects other people.

DeletedUser2870

*lol*....My problem is RT/RL. I can't always collect when I want to, as my breaktimes don't come in nice 3 hour cycles and certain area's in the lab are off-limits to cellphones anyway.
So I often have to settle for 3 hour productions that get collected after 4, 5, 6 or even 7 hours. Or just go for 2 9-hour productions in a day. But 3 cycles of 3 hours still may be more advantageous than 2 cycles of 9. So if I can squeeze in one more, 4 cycles of 3 are on many days the best I can get

DeletedUser20951

My problem is RT/RL.
I curse real life commitments that force my factories and whatnot to languish in idleness (NO!!!)... That's only partially a joke. Although I get distracted on the specifics, there is a constant awareness of the game in the back of my mind, which is probably unhealthy, but I did grow up always, and never grew out of, having some game that I devoted a large portion of my attention to during my downtime away from obligations. The ability to choose exactly how much, or how little, time you grant Elvenar without suffering significant impairment is the biggest draw for me, but I do have to regularly remind myself of the low stakes, that it is, in fact, just fine to run late on production setting. I don't have OCD, but OCPD, and routine is quite important to maintaining my inner equilibrium.

DeletedUser2870

I've played many, many games over the years. Hell, I started when we still didn't have internet and played PBM games (for the youngsters here: play by mail, NOT email, so one would get updates once a week).
But over time and on the net I've played many games. And some needed attention literally about 24/7. Which was fun for a while, but it's just not possible to keep that up over time.
Elvenar for me has exactly that same appeal. It's not a problem if I'm away for a while, or check in late. I don't have to worry about having to defend teammates, having shields up, worry about incoming attacks on cities or outposts, having to keep in touch with clan/tribe/whatever by disqus or chatgroups ect ect. And it also makes it much more relaxed in the way our team communicates.

As for having a routine. I greatly favor that. And theoretically I have breaktimes at certain set times. It's just that I wasn't raised to drop everything, but finish something before taking a break. And sometimes that takes longer than other times. But with Elvenar I don't worry too much about it. If I can get on, fine, if not, oh well.

Socrates28

The ratio of 3 hr to 9 hr productions for manufactories seems to be about 1 to 1.83, so 2-3 hr productions will always net you more than 1-9 hr production.

DeletedUser20951

And some needed attention literally about 24/7. Which was fun for a while, but it's just not possible to keep that up over time.
Elvenar for me has exactly that same appeal. It's not a problem if I'm away for a while, or check in late. I don't have to worry about having to defend teammates, having shields up, worry about incoming attacks on cities or outposts, having to keep in touch with clan/tribe/whatever by disqus or chatgroups ect ect. And it also makes it much more relaxed in the way our team communicates.

As for having a routine. I greatly favor that. And theoretically I have breaktimes at certain set times. It's just that I wasn't raised to drop everything, but finish something before taking a break. And sometimes that takes longer than other times. But with Elvenar I don't worry too much about it. If I can get on, fine, if not, oh well.
Same! I'm real bad about not taking a break until I am finished with whatever task I am currently engaged in, but I have gotten better, where all-day marathons spent completing some unpleasant undertaking (it's usually has to be something I want done and over with as soon as possible to cause this narrow of hyper-focus, because screw dinking around longer than I have to) without pause are rarer now, fortunately.

I've played a few online war games that constantly pressure you into playing, playing, playing around the clock, and the effect it had on my mental state was absolutely horrible. I refuse to even try out games of that nature anymore; they tend to be more stressful than working demanding jobs, devour your free time with little reprieve, don't earn you monetary compensation (quite the opposite, if you have difficulty resisting the money-sink features), and often quickly lose any resemblance of the meaning of fun. No thank you.

The ratio of 3 hr to 9 hr productions for manufactories seems to be about 1 to 1.83
Does this mean that the nine hour cycle produces only twice as much as the three hour one? That's my math-avoidant way of looking at it. XD

DeletedUser20951

Another option would be to reduce all the timers by 1-5 minutes. For example the 9 hour becomes 8:55, etc. Also, the buildings that take a day to produce would do it in 23:55 hours.
This option would work for me, too! Can easily see myself painstakingly working my way back to my favored time as close to five minutes at a time that I could manage with each production. Totally up my alley. :D

DeletedUser20951

Close enough! :confused:
That's my exact thought regarding math where I only need to know whether something's less or more. I'll occasionally get curious about the precise numeric values, and spend far too long figuring out what they are, but this masochistic urge is quite similar to when I have a hankering for anagrams and Sudoku, both of which I am horrible at. I mean, it's kind of fun, but mainly just tortuously frustrating. If you're good at math, imagine trying to complete any sort of equation while your brain sees a string of numbers as little more than a jumble of meaningless information, mixes their order up in your head, and fails to recall even one or two accurately a few seconds later without intense focus. It's maddening.

DeletedUser20951

Been thinking about this again lately, and have come to the conclusion, screw all my other noise on the matter, that I just want collectibles set up in the same that neighborly aid counters are, at eleven, twenty-three, and forty-seven hours. Much easier to program (I'm guessing), and would accomplish my greatest wish regarding all the fricking thingies to collect from... Being able to collect at the same time every (other) day. I'm not sure I could adequately express my utter loathing for not being able to maintain a regular schedule for such, but it is MASSIVE, burning with enough intensity to blacken the sun, and grievously hurts my brain, forcing it to yearn to crawl, bleeding and broken, into a corner where it will cradle and rock itself while murmuring soothing assurances that everything will be all right.

Palavyn

The library set that you win in the Spire has a 21 hour timer! If this could be done with all one day timers, it would make me happier than I already am!