• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spectral Stone

Smooper

Last Spire, I used a spectral stone to help me finish convincing some ghosts. What is the best way to use one of these? At the beginning, middle or end of convincing? What are your thoughts on how well the work compared to not using them at all?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I look at it as a cost/benefit thing. Obviously, as you move up, the cost of convincing goes up, so the benefit of using a spectral stone increases as well.

So to me, if I use it, it's on the top Boss or at least a gate on tier 3.

AJ

Zoof

I generally use spectral stones only on encounters that have 7 or 8 resources to choose from, as those are generally the ones that have the highest chance of either being very unlucky and/or needing diamonds to get past. You'd use them near the end when you know whether or not its use will help at all.

I do it with the Spire Wizard and only use a Spectral Stone in situations where its use guarantees a 100% chance of victory. An example situation (or two):

* After 2 rounds, you've correctly guessed 3 ghosts. One of them says "Nobody needs it" and the other says "Wrong person". Spire Wizard gives a (much) less than 50% chance of success. You can use the correct resource on the known ghost and use a Spectral Stone on the one with an unknown requirement.
* After 2 rounds, you've correctly guessed 4 ghosts. Same situation as above but only one ghost. Spectral Stone instantly solves this.

Otherwise, I'll suck it up and retry the encounter, turn around and check (again) what it takes to beat them senseless in an all-out brawl, or stop playing Spire for the week and call it GG. Or ask my fellowship (politely) for additional goods to keep on trying.

Spectral Stones are freakishly rare and have great value when used sparingly but in situations where you'd otherwise might have to dump diamonds or possibly loads more resources.

Last edited:

Smooper

Do most players play the spire until the run out of resources? I am too stingy and too much of a hoarder to do that. I got to the top last week while only needing to convince 4 times. The rest were battles. I am still working to make my fighting more efficient. I even used auto battle several times because the one resource that is the most precious is time. The spire takes forever and a day and I can't play for hours on end. :(

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Last Spire, I used a spectral stone to help me finish convincing some ghosts. What is the best way to use one of these? At the beginning, middle or end of convincing? What are your thoughts on how well the work compared to not using them at all?
My criteria is that I only use it for the bosses (the three bosses at the main doors and at the very top). I don't like to waste it, so I only use it on the last guess. So far that's worked out ok for me.

StarLoad

Do most players play the spire until the run out of resources? I am too stingy and too much of a hoarder to do that. I got to the top last week while only needing to convince 4 times. The rest were battles. I am still working to make my fighting more efficient. I even used auto battle several times because the one resource that is the most precious is time. The spire takes forever and a day and I can't play for hours on end. :(
My advice to members of the FS I am in is to never go higher than the FS reward level unless you can do it with ease. Many players will strive to the top and use a crushing amount of resources and if the FS only gets to the Lab level then you get members that complain about the spire not being worth it.
I personally can fight to the top of the spire with little trouble and even if the FS is just silver Spire( Lab Level ) the extra rewards are fully worth it to me, and I can easily complete all 3 levels in one sitting if I want to.

Ed

Smooper

@ed1960 Do you manually fight all the way? I can't get to the top in one sitting. It's like 48 battles or something and about 3 to 5 minutes a battle. That's a ton.

StarLoad

@ed1960 Do you manually fight all the way? I can't get to the top in one sitting. It's like 48 battles or something and about 3 to 5 minutes a battle. That's a ton.
I autofight Most all battles unless I see that it will be difficult or if it will be a fun one to play, probably manual fight 10% or less.

Ed

Smooper

@ed1960 I need to get to your power and production levels cuz autofighting is so much quicker. I also don't have to get worked up about those stupid little rasta archer guys who kill my men every battle

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Do you manually fight all the way? I can't get to the top in one sitting. It's like 48 battles or something and about 3 to 5 minutes a battle. That's a ton.
Is there a reason why you are trying to do it all in one sitting? You do have a whole week to clear 3 sections. Even if one is short on time, sporadic sprints are prob a more relaxed pace than full sprint.

I can fight all of it, but I choose to only fight half of it. The catering, to me, is still very economical in Gateway and High Halls if you understand the logic of the mini-game. I consider coins and tools pretty much free since the Spire gives you back a bunch of coin rains and supply windfalls. The second reason is I do a lot of tourney so my troops stretch further getting them killed mostly in the tourney arena instead. Unless it's all mages and heavy melee, it's difficult to avoid high casualties with multi-wave battles.
I also don't have to get worked up about those stupid little rasta archer guys who kill my men every battle
Booo Mist Walker (see signature)! Check out Mist Walker Roulette. She can be baited with a Dryad. It's not 100% that she'll go after the dryad, but it's high enough that I feel comfortable deploying mages with her around now. It works in both manual and autofighting.

Last edited:

StarLoad

@ed1960 I need to get to your power and production levels cuz autofighting is so much quicker. I also don't have to get worked up about those stupid little rasta archer guys who kill my men every battle
My main city is parked at the start of Ch16 and I am building up my AW's and build troops 24/7 Most of the ones I use are well over 999 Squads and I feed the fire chicken and usually deploy a Military bldg or 2 (ELR or MMM). Also as @crackie said you can negotiate the lower levels once you get the hang of it.

Ed

Smooper

@ed1960 @crackie I don't fight it all in one day nor do I want to. Ed was the one who fights it in one day and I was merely commenting on what he said. I do some convincing but since Time is the good that is most important to me, convincing a boss is basically giving 25 or more diamonds away so it kind of stinks. I use the spire wizard now on the most intricate negotiations to try to save myself.

StarLoad

@ed1960 @crackie I don't fight it all in one day nor do I want to. Ed was the one who fights it in one day and I was merely commenting on what he said. I do some convincing but since Time is the good that is most important to me, convincing a boss is basically giving 25 or more diamonds away so it kind of stinks. I use the spire wizard now on the most intricate negotiations to try to save myself.
Well keep it up with the spire Wiz and you will soon see that it's not too difficult to win by negotiations, I do it in my smaller cities.

Ed