• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spell Fragment Building

Add a spell fragment event building to alleviate shortages

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser29768

I'm greedy. I'm ok with that. An event building does not equal multiple moonstone pieces.
Fair enough. They're not mutually exclusive; I would like to have both. I'm cool with you holding out for the library, though. *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:

BrinDarby

There is a huge difference between newer players not correctly budgeting thier
frags by over crafting, and wanting everything ... every cue... yesterday .....

and....

The game not giving newer players enough chances @ a fair amount of Frags
thru normal gameplay......

Even before I knew how to play here, I still budget'd frags well. I never seem to
disenchant unless I need frags for an event task.... and yes I am running 2+ MS sets.
1 set gives 525 frags/21hrs.... I think I get 1200 frags/21hrs ..... (khelonar/ch4)

Now that those 2 new crafting recipies for frags are there, its even easier for
a newer player to want to craft more than they will ever have Frags for ....
Just cause a player is impatient, doesnt mean the devs shud give'm more frags.

All these players that are begging for more frags, I seriously would like to
know just how many craftings they are trying to do each day..... because
in no way, even without a Moonestone set, is there not enuff frags to earn.
( just stop crafting so darn much )

Anyone could say, well I spend too much catering, so can you please upp
700% to 1400%, cause there's not enuff resources being made .... The Devs would
laugh thier collective heads off.......

in 16 months, in Khelonar ( main city ) I've only won a MagicWorkshop TWICE ,
while I have (7) 4x4 ML pieces ... Thats why I said , perhaps tone down the %'s a bit
but Moonestone Sets need to return to Spire somehow....

The reson I have surpluss frags, is cause I don't just spend every last one I get, as
soon as I get them..... I use prolly 70% and let the other 30% build up. That also means
that I CANNOT craft everything, every cue..... not even close to that....

Everything in this game can be " used up " quicker than earned.... The devs never
meant for everyone, to get everything, instantly..... this (to me) seems 1 of those cases.

StarLoad

@BrinDarby, your perspective is, shall we say "Skewed" as you stopped in chapter 3/4 and as such your needs, abilities and concerns reflect only a small portion of the player base AND a very small portion of the game itself (17%).
You have the right to be heard but you generally fail to see that the majority of players will not be seeing the issues in the manner you do. Sure you can by virtue of being in Ch 3/4 climb the spire at a cost much less than a player in chapter 8 or 15. By virtue of your lack of growth your needs for Coin and Supply is only to make goods, troops and to spend on KP/Spire/Tourney, not upgrades (past a certain point of course), so you have excess amounts and this lets you spend them on other things.

You certainly know the first three chapters and how to make them work, but that is because you didn't move forward continuously, you stop and have the benefit of a year's worth of others' and your own hindsight.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
you stopped in chapter 3/4 and as such your needs, abilities and concerns reflect only a small portion of the player base AND a very small portion of the game itself (17%).
Less even since not all chapters are created equal with chapter 1 taking a couple of days and others 6+ months. Once you factor in that a chapter 3/4 city hasn't even experienced some core mechanics of the game such as guest races and decaying goods I'd say that they still have 98% of the game ahead of them.

BrinDarby

@ed1960 ,
what you fail to see is just like what happened to Data in Startrek NextGen ....

He was playing a chess style game using his fingers, and lost a few times in
a row to the same alien..... and was befuddled...
Then he approached the game differently, and his opponent couldn't understand
his choices and therefore was confused and lost.......

Moral of the story is :
you are looking @ my progress/goals/enjoyment/ideas/concerns/suggestions
from an equally incorrect premise, therefore are making equally incorrect judgements
on me as a player or me giving meaningfull input on the game.
You also are projecting those same goals on almost ALL newer players, not just me.

You and Soggy's perspective is also "skew'd " unless you constantly are starting new
worlds, playing thru ch , ohh say 4/5, then letting them self delete...... rinse/repeat...

I do.... NOT....... I do Not, play Elvenar to get thru all the chapters.....

SoggyShorts

You and Soggy's perspective is also "skew'd " unless you constantly are starting new
worlds, playing thru ch , ohh say 4/5, then letting them self delete...... rinse/repeat...
I actually have done this a lot. Unfortunately, it's always a little skewed because I know more about the game than the average new player.
I do.... NOT....... I do Not, play Elvenar to get thru all the chapters.....
We know. That is the point: you are ultra-rare if not unique, so your view and opinions are valid, but some of them represent almost no one other than just yourself.
You're kinda like someone who takes the same class repeatedly. You're going to be a master in that course, eventually getting a perfect score on each quiz and test, but everyone else moves on and faces new challenges with new tests. This makes it very hard for anyone to relate to your experience.

Last edited:

StarLoad

And herein lies your mistake, you presume that only playing a city to 3/4 or 5 and stopping is making our perspective "skewed" and that we forget all of ch 3/4 or 5 just because we progressed past that point.

I have cities from chapters 2/3 inactive and active to chapter 16 active and not progressing. I am sure that a player that has not progressed thru the chapters will not be able to understand upper chapter issues, however, a player in the upper chapters can easily understand a player's issues in chapter 4. That is why your perspective must be "skewed" and everyone in chapters above you may be "skewed"

As I said
You certainly know the first three chapters and how to make them work, but that is because you didn't move forward continuously, you stop and have the benefit of a year's worth of others' and your own hindsight.

Edited for typo

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I do.... NOT....... I do Not, play Elvenar to get thru all the chapters
I'm wondering why you do play if your not advancing. Is it just for the forum?
As far as I know, he claims to have some clever agenda that we couldn't possibly comprehend, and one day "we'll see" his brilliance.

I'll admit that It makes no sense to me. There's simply nothing that a chapter 3 player can do which a higher chapter cannot also do.
I understand @Iyapo1's alternative strategy of maxing out a level by getting a Level 30 AW before moving on, but Brin having no wonders means throwing away thousands upon thousands of KP that can never be recovered. Sure, some can be converted to instants, but not nearly enough.
Quietly massing huge amounts of T1&2&3 goods through 1-star trades might sound like something, but won't help once you reach decaying goods anyways. (I have 20 million+ of each good that are useless because I can't match them with mana or seeds)
Also, you simply can't bank troops for the future in any meaningful amounts as a small city.

@BrinDarby I'd love it if you'd enlighten us

Myne

Oh Wise One
As far as I know, he claims to have some clever agenda that we couldn't possibly comprehend, and one day "we'll see" his brilliance.

I'll admit that It makes no sense to me. There's simply nothing that a chapter 3 player can do which a higher chapter cannot also do.
I understand @Iyapo1's alternative strategy of maxing out a level by getting a Level 30 AW before moving on, but Brin having no wonders means throwing away thousands upon thousands of KP that can never be recovered. Sure, some can be converted to instants, but not nearly enough.
Quietly massing huge amounts of T1&2&3 goods through 1-star trades might sound like something, but won't help once you reach decaying goods anyways. (I have 20 million+ of each good that are useless because I can't match them with mana or seeds)
Also, you simply can't bank troops for the future in any meaningful amounts as a small city.

@BrinDarby I'd love it if you'd enlighten us

Yeah, that's Greek to me...and I understand a little Greek.

zalfenior

Event daily building would be good, especially if that building recurred regularly so that people who arent available/playing during that event can still get it. Also, no issue with the moonstone library becoming a spire prize even though I regained mine during the crafting window earlier this year.