• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spell Fragment Hunting - again

Gustoff

New contest, going along nicely until I get to step 66c ... 800 Spell Fragments. I look at my limited stock of spells and most give me 15 or so Fragments if I disenchant them (meaning I would need to do it a lot and have nothing left). The prize building is worth 600, but what would be the point if you destroy the one-time drop for the event in an effort to get more upgrades for it? Other (few/2) buildings only give 135 or so.

What is the normal strategy at level 2/3 for amassing 800 spell fragments in a few days of contest time? And how do you anticipate these contests? Stock up on unused buildings reserved just for spell fragment creation? How are all you other players at level 2/3 solving this?

I'm mostly a caterer, so I don't think Spire is a solution yet.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Do you have the Spire available yet? If not, then it's obviously not an option ;), but if you do, then being a caterer should be no obstacle. The Spire was easiest for me in chapters 3 and early 4, because the costs are still so low.

Pre-Spire, I also just disenchanted all sorts of stuff, including knowledge instants, portal profits that I won in the event, troop instants, and probably some other things I've forgotten that would make an advanced player faint, lol. However, if you don't have any of those hanging around to disenchant, then I think your only possibility is the Spire. :-/ Good luck!

Ihrlaen

Another thing to consider is the level of your Magic Academy. A higher level academy will grant additional fragments when disenchanting in addition to reducing the production time for enchantments and catalysts. Diamonds spent on the Academy upgrades are very much worth it, in my opinion, and will make various quests in events significantly easier (or at least less time&soul-consuming).

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
They nerf bombed the Mystery Object chest in MA too so now you have both more and higher chances of winning crap buildings you don’t need or want every 100 vision vapors collected! Hooray! More crap to defrag, like literally in the form of outhouses!

Also keep an eye out for Moonstone library set in MA. It gives spell frags daily.

P.S. The diamond upgrade on MA will pay for itself. You do have chances of winning 500 diamonds in the Mystery Object chest, even with the nerf.

BrinDarby

Most ppl have excess AWKP instants even @ CH 2/3.
I use those when it ask's for fragments in a task.
I just disenchant AWKP.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
For small cities I go for extra buildings, esp in chapter 1, and put them out sparingly, because by chapter 2/3, they're no good.

DeletedUser27062

New contest, going along nicely until I get to step 66c ... 800 Spell Fragments. I look at my limited stock of spells and most give me 15 or so Fragments if I disenchant them (meaning I would need to do it a lot and have nothing left). The prize building is worth 600, but what would be the point if you destroy the one-time drop for the event in an effort to get more upgrades for it? Other (few/2) buildings only give 135 or so.

What is the normal strategy at level 2/3 for amassing 800 spell fragments in a few days of contest time? And how do you anticipate these contests? Stock up on unused buildings reserved just for spell fragment creation? How are all you other players at level 2/3 solving this?

I'm mostly a caterer, so I don't think Spire is a solution yet.
I have a baby city on beta that was in ch 2 at the time of the event and I couldn't complete the quests without spending money upgrading the MA and shredding my precious resources. No alternative task was given and requests for an 'or' was met with silence. I even messaged support but they weren't lovely and helpful like Helya so I was stuck.

DeletedUser27062

They nerf bombed the Mystery Object chest in MA too so now you have both more and higher chances of winning crap buildings you don’t need or want every 100 vision vapors collected! Hooray! More crap to defrag, like literally in the form of outhouses!

Also keep an eye out for Moonstone library set in MA. It gives spell frags daily.

P.S. The diamond upgrade on MA will pay for itself. You do have chances of winning 500 diamonds in the Mystery Object chest, even with the nerf.
All of this is true and also useless to ch 1 & 2 cities, especially those who aren't in a 10 chest fs. The resources to get the library (so many cc & frags! ) means your solution is a catch 22. If you're short on frags the solution isn't to build a library that costs 12k in frags - it's to have a singular focus of getting to ch 3. (naturally, if said baby city was born with a silver rune in its mouth then the fs will afford baby much of what it needs)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
True, but chap 1 and chap 2 can be done in a week each, so that's a very temporary state. The Moonstone set is like a Fire Phoenix. You know that Fire Phoenix is going to cost you probably thousands of diamonds to get all the evolves from MA when it's all over, but it's worth saving for. They are long term investments that will pay for itself.