• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spending Coins

Sir Bently

I have an idea I would like to bring it before everyone in the forum and see how everyone thinks about it
So here it goes instead of spending real money why not spend the coins that we collect in our cities on different things like Diamonds
special buildings witches hut moon bear special deals for example Black Friday and so I think it would be a good idea and an initiative to keep players playing Elvenar and make it more appealing just not for older players but new players as well I ran it by some of my teammates and they liked the idea Elvenar is always asking if anyone has any ideas on how to improve the game so I'm giving them a idea on how to improve Elvenar With saying that let's take some votes on who's
for making this happen

Sir Bently

Just keep it simple for example 100 coins = 100 diamonds I think that would be fair I really think it would be a great idea and an incentive to want to keep playing Elvenar and lure more players in keep the cost down on spending coins and the inventors of Elvenar go over board with making it expensive like I said I really think it would be a great idea

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm not sure how this benefits Inno, the company that is providing us with this wonderful game. If you could explain how they would make more money by doing this, instead of less, then it might have a chance. I just don't see how it would do that.

Darielle

Just keep it simple for example 100 coins = 100 diamonds I think that would be fair I really think it would be a great idea and an incentive to want to keep playing Elvenar and lure more players in keep the cost down on spending coins and the inventors of Elvenar go over board with making it expensive like I said I really think it would be a great idea
If that were the case, Enevhar would suddenly have a billion diamonds if he cashed in. So he would never have to spend a dime on anything in the game and Inno would not make any money to maintain the game. I'm not saying he does spend cash, but if there were a way to get that many diamonds without spending cash, how would that help Inno pay its employees and keep the game going? I'm just trying to understand this from Inno's POV.

Sir Bently

Ok for example my son plays ARK on line it costs a one time fee which of course I know everyone would simple fact is there's hundreds or thousands of players all the world playing Elvenar if Inno would charge a one time fee per year I believe that would work and in return each player would be able to spend coins on different things like diamonds and so on As I mentioned before I believe it would catch the attention of players to continue playing Elvenar I also think it would give each player the initiative to spend coins and have the opportunity to spend their coins on something else besides just what the game offers which to me is very little If Inno wants to make Elvenar better and quit losing players it time to do something different and there's no telling how many players have left it would probably blow our minds I think it would be a great idea to charge a one time fee per year just to start out just to see how it goes then if changes need to be made then change it Right now there isn't any much to spend coins on if anything at all and the higher level players have thousands of coins they have accumulated and nothing to spend them on
So to make this short and to the point changes need to be made and I really do believe it would work

I'm not sure how this benefits Inno, the company that is providing us with this wonderful game. If you could explain how they would make more money by doing this, instead of less, then it might have a chance. I just don't see how it would do that.
If Inno balanced it properly with items for diamonds or $, it could work. Used to work at a feed store. Hay and feed sold practically at cost (if you include wages for yard help) just to get customers in the door to buy higher markup items like western wear, pet supplies, etc ...

hvariidh gwendrot

@ash they call those a lost leader to get people in the door and then upsell them, but you included $ for diamonds which is what they already do

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Right now there isn't any much to spend coins on if anything at all and the higher level players have thousands of coins they have accumulated and nothing to spend them on

There is something to spend coins on: Buy KP (or goods from the wholesaler). When I have the time I visit all my neighbors to get more coins to get more KP (I am at the beginning of chapter 16).

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Agree wth most sentiments already stated that this is not workable for longevity of the game. However, I would like to see maybe buying things like mana or seeds with excess coins. The current limited use of coins makes me a lazy slum lord that has no interest in improving the living situations of my elves past the bare minimum. No Crab Hotels for me.

Hay and feed sold practically at cost (if you include wages for yard help) just to get customers in the door to buy higher markup items like western wear, pet supplies, etc ...
As a Jaded City Elf, I gotta say, I was not expecting to read about Elf Games being compared to nuances of a feed stores when I woke up this morning. :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My Main Hall holds 120 million coins, and will hold more when I upgrade it in chapter 19. I have a bunch of the 100% coin rains. That is a few billion coins, 120 million at a time. So unless you want one diamond to cost 1 million or 10 million coins, something like this will never work.
First, I did not realize there was such a huge jump in MH capacity in the end game. I'm at the start of ch 16 with a fully upgraded MH and it only holds 46 million. So that means in coming chapters MH capacity will nearly triple. Wow!

Second, anything that involves in-game resources such as gold, supplies, or goods is normally scaled to chapter. I would assume this proposal would be the same. So your costs or my costs would almost certainly be higher than a new player's. But your final point about the Coin Rain spells is a good one. I likewise have many of them saved. And I would assume many other late game players do as well. I see tremendous potential there for abuse.

Darielle

Ok for example my son plays ARK on line it costs a one time fee which of course I know everyone would simple fact is there's hundreds or thousands of players all the world playing Elvenar if Inno would charge a one time fee per year I believe that would work and in return each player would be able to spend coins on different things like diamonds and so on As I mentioned before I believe it would catch the attention of players to continue playing Elvenar I also think it would give each player the initiative to spend coins and have the opportunity to spend their coins on something else besides just what the game offers which to me is very little If Inno wants to make Elvenar better and quit losing players it time to do something different and there's no telling how many players have left it would probably blow our minds I think it would be a great idea to charge a one time fee per year just to start out just to see how it goes then if changes need to be made then change it Right now there isn't any much to spend coins on if anything at all and the higher level players have thousands of coins they have accumulated and nothing to spend them on
So to make this short and to the point changes need to be made and I really do believe it would work
Although I understand where you're coming from and I know many people would be willing to pay up front, I wouldn't have. I would have passed on the game and it never would have gotten what it's gotten from my having started playing. It's funny how when you see a cost of $19.95 to start, you balk at it (or at least I do), but after you get involved in the game you think, "Well, $19.95 for the extra diamonds isn't so bad."

I do think, however, that Inno's pricing is sometimes over-the-moon exhorbitant (although other things are reasonable). I would never pay $79.99 or $99.99 for one building, no matter how good it is, when you can buy a whole excellent game for that (or more than one). So I can see where you'd like it to be a little more realistic. So would I ... it's just that I don't think we can go from one extreme to the other. I don't think this idea would gain traction with Inno. Maybe if you set your sights a little lower, you might have better luck, which would benefit all of us.