• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spending Coins

defiantoneks

"How are diamonds not required to advance in the game? Right now I can't upgrade my residences or my town hall without doing more research, which requires spending A LOT of diamonds. If I can't use coins to buy diamonds, and I can't seem to earn them some other way, then I have to spend actual money to buy them in the shop. I get everyone's reluctance, and why it's better than dealing with ads or a huge buy-in at the beginning, but I'd love to use game coins instead of actual money. And I'd also love for someone to explain to me how diamonds aren't required, and how I can keep going without buying them."

if you think you "have" to spend diamonds for research you are doing it wrong. there is no requirement for that. all research can be opened by completing the KP requirements and having the necessary materials.

and the only upgrades that would require diamonds are magic residence and workshops. since they are either prizes from spire or bought with diamonds, it's appropriate to require diamonds to update them.

SmallQueen23

"How are diamonds not required to advance in the game? Right now I can't upgrade my residences or my town hall without doing more research, which requires spending A LOT of diamonds. If I can't use coins to buy diamonds, and I can't seem to earn them some other way, then I have to spend actual money to buy them in the shop. I get everyone's reluctance, and why it's better than dealing with ads or a huge buy-in at the beginning, but I'd love to use game coins instead of actual money. And I'd also love for someone to explain to me how diamonds aren't required, and how I can keep going without buying them."

if you think you "have" to spend diamonds for research you are doing it wrong. there is no requirement for that. all research can be opened by completing the KP requirements and having the necessary materials.

and the only upgrades that would require diamonds are magic residence and workshops. since they are either prizes from spire or bought with diamonds, it's appropriate to require diamonds to update them.
@defiantoneks - haha yes, clearly, I am doing it wrong! So I should focus on production of goods and those supplies - combined with KPs - would negate the diamond requirements? Because right now I have the coins, and I have the number of goods required, and the KPs, but still have "675 diamonds required to unlock."
(sorry for the dumb questions, I do appreciate everyone's info here!)

Last edited:

defiantoneks

I just don't know how to not need diamonds to keep moving forward.

did you follow along with the provided tutorials?
diamonds to fulfill research or upgrades only appear as available when you've not completed the other requirements. ie, short on KP, missing supplies, coin, goods. At beginning level the needs are simple, so you definitely do not "need" diamonds to progress.

whatever is shown as needed will be red if you dont have enough. Unfortunately i dont have any research ready to activate at this time to screen snap.

SmallQueen23

did you follow along with the provided tutorials?
diamonds to fulfill research or upgrades only appear as available when you've not completed the other requirements. ie, short on KP, missing supplies, coin, goods. At beginning level the needs are simple, so you definitely do not "need" diamonds to progress.

whatever is shown as needed will be red if you dont have enough. Unfortunately i dont have any research ready to activate at this time to screen snap.
I'll go back to the tutorials...TY

defiantoneks

my advice is always to follow the story quests also. Inno does a good job of leading you to the things you need next, if you follow along.
once you get down the line a bit you will have a better idea of when it's "ok" for you to diverge, depending on your game goals and style.

SmallQueen23

my advice is always to follow the story quests also. Inno does a good job of leading you to the things you need next, if you follow along.
once you get down the line a bit you will have a better idea of when it's "ok" for you to diverge, depending on your game goals and style.
yes, I've been doing that...the next quest is to add manufacturing plants, which I can't do without selling buildings to make room for them... or add an expansion, which I can't do without research, which is asking for diamonds.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I just don't know how to not need diamonds to keep moving forward. :confused:
Elvenstats shows you are in a fellowship with a lot of inactive players, including the Archmage. I would recommend finding a new fellowship. Check out Harandar subforums. A more active fellowship will have players happy to advise you with game essentials.

defiantoneks

yes, I've been doing that...the next quest is to add manufacturing plants, which I can't do without selling buildings to make room for them... or add an expansion, which I can't do without research, which is asking for diamonds.

show us a snap of the research for your city expansion.

Iyapo1

@SmallQueen23 here is a screenshot for my next research:
Elvenar_2021-11-27-20-29-00.jpg

I have 10607 diamonds, I have never spent money on this account. I won all of these diamonds in the spire, from specific buildings, or from the mystical object in the Magic Academy. Your ability to win diamonds and diamond buildings and open the mystical object will open up when you hit chapter 3 and can spire. The screenshot shows that I have only put 8 out of 83 kp into the research. I can spend diamonds to auto fill it right now, or wait several days until I can fill it myself from my kp bar. It also shows a red 3m coin for activation cost. I dont have enough coins in inventory to unlock the tech. Again, I can spend diamonds to do it right now or just wait until I get enough coins. You only need to spend diamonds to speed things up, this is not a fast game so spending diamonds for that is a bad idea in my opinion.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Alram thank you, that's good info for getting diamonds. I recognize I'm at the very early stages of game play and there are many levels and opportunities ahead of me!

I just don't know how to not need diamonds to keep moving forward. :confused:
The game is designed to take a long time. I think the devs must be related to the Ents. It's a great game and you can play it without spending any money at all. You just have to gradually build up your resources until you have enough for the next research, upgrade, encounter, etc. This is a really helpful site to learn a lot of great stuff about Elvenar basics.

*ninja'd by Iyapo1 :cool:

SmallQueen23

sweet. so all you have to do is contribute the 10 kp, and click activate when that button appears. you already have the supplies.
@defiantoneks omg I feel so incredibly stupid right now!!! I thought I had to have allll of the things showing, not pick one of the three options. smh....seriously, I feel like a child playing with Olympians - y'all have been incredibly patient and kind to walk me through this. :rolleyes: