• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spiffing Up Fellowship Adventures

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The Spire is A bit cartoonish, but compared to the Fellowship adventure map, it's a masterpiece. While both of them would benefit from some of the attention to detail that goes into the cities, the Fellowship adventure map is particularly hard to understand. No hint of movement, no detail to explore, no accomplishment for completing waypoints.

The map should be redrawn from scratch, with at least the slightest of animations. Each stage should have a different backdrop. Fish jumping in the water, clouds moving, lights flickering in the distant gloom. Animate sections of path completed by drawing a right line in the appropriate colour over the completed sections. A sense of Adventure and Wonder needs to be introduced. Some sense that you are exploring and conquering.

1584159249892.png

Perhaps a small chance of an extra prize under any given way-point, or even a guaranteed, but small prize. a five percent coin or supply instant for each of the crossover points, or maybe a five KP instant, with a one KP instant at each non-crossover way-point.

Make me feel like I'm on an adventure.

Pros, engages players, encourages participation.

Cons: New art required, increase in certain supplies might need balance. Coding changes shouldn't be unusual compared to tournaments or Spire.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Great idea! Perhaps we could even designate our chosen paths and those could be highlighted or glowing in some way, so that the path is *very* clear to all members of the FS.
Yes, it's amazing how many want to go off on a different path, even though you've messsaged, chatted, and just about hit them over the head with it. I like both of these ideas.

NightshadeCS

I like this idea. The map has problems.

I did notice, however, that when I play on my phone, I can zoom in for much more detail. I never realized that a lot of the early points have little houses or camping spots. Most of the detail is lost with such a large map on PC.

defiantoneks

I think if an FA map improvement could be made, it would be to allow the Archmage to lock out the paths not chosen. Then unlock them (if needed) at flag pulling stage in case people need to drop stuff in for participation or points.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think if an FA map improvement could be made, it would be to allow the Archmage to lock out the paths not chosen. Then unlock them (if needed) at flag pulling stage in case people need to drop stuff in for participation or points.
Yeah, nothing is worse than seeing all those beautiful badges that you desperately need sitting there on the wrong path. :(

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Again, this suggestion isn't about how the FSA is played, it's about how to make it more engaging and interesting. There are actually several threads already where people talk about making the mechanics different to reduce the need for external communication with their FS members.

Yogi Dave

I like the idea. Some animation and different hills to climb would be great. I presume the coloring of the paths taken would be more muted than you have shown. Also, given that you are showing a connection to the next open spot on each path, shouldn't the 3 tri-color spots show they are connected since the blue path one has been completed? The green and yellow dots don't need to be completed to get to them. However, what color to use? Combined as paint, it'd be green, as light, yellow, I think. Red hasn't been used in the map and is therefore available.

Phabian

I am in a fellowship where participation in events is not mandatory, I like it as at times I am very busy, but it does drive me crazy to see some players never participate but get the rewards of the FA. Why can’t the same you participated and you get a part of the reward principle of the Tournaments apply for the FA?

Alpha Lyrae

I am in a fellowship where participation in events is not mandatory, I like it as at times I am very busy, but it does drive me crazy to see some players never participate but get the rewards of the FA. Why can’t the same you participated and you get a part of the reward principle of the Tournaments apply for the FA?

A player must insert at least one badge on any given map to earn the rewards.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I presume the coloring of the paths taken would be more muted than you have shown.
I suspect you're right. I was working in a screen cap utility with basic editing. I'd actually prefer the paths be animated in some way, or start as a thinner, or dotted/dashed line to a point that is open, Or possibly a set of stepping stones that change one at a time and/or get visibly more intense as the waypoint becomes closer to complete,

Also, given that you are showing a connection to the next open spot on each path, shouldn't the 3 tri-color spots show they are connected since the blue path one has been completed? The green and yellow dots don't need to be completed to get to them. However, what color to use? Combined as paint, it'd be green, as light, yellow, I think. Red hasn't been used in the map and is therefore available.
I ran into the same color quandary on the tri-lights. Part of the issue is that the most common form of color-blindness is red-green, so using both risks eliminating a segment of the population.
You do have to participate to get anything, even if it is only one badge, but that's similar to the tournament. In any event, this idea is focused on making the FA more interesting to players, not on fixing it's weaknesses. There should probably be a cohesive suggestion on fixing the errors in the FA.

Yogi Dave

I'd actually prefer the paths be animated in some way, or start as a thinner, or dotted/dashed line to a point that is open, Or possibly a set of stepping stones that change one at a time and/or get visibly more intense as the waypoint becomes closer to complete,
LOL Lot's of good ideas for the devs to work with in those few sentences. I'm sure they can take them and play with them to see what seems to look/work best.
I ran into the same color quandary on the tri-lights. Part of the issue is that the most common form of color-blindness is red-green, so using both risks eliminating a segment of the population.
Very good point. I had wondered why they weren't using the 3 primary colors for the paths. So maybe white.

NightshadeCS

You can zoom your browser on PC also.

Yes, thank you. It just takes a little more effort. The pinch zoom on a mobile device is more intuitive, and I believe it starts zoomed in further on the phone than you see it defaulted to on browser. I simply hadn't bothered on browser and then saw some interesting things when I was on mobile, instead.

AtaguS

Make me feel like I'm on an adventure.
Yes please! Lovely suggestion. Creating a more interesting and imaginative scape would go a long way toward taking the edge off all the other little irritations associated with an FA. And generally, would give me a warm fuzzy each time I entered. Great idea indeed.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I actually really like this suggestion!! The only thing is, I just can't see the developers welcoming a complete rework of the adventure and I feel this will be (or is) a waste of your time, my time, and the cm's :( I actually do not think the design elements will fit quite well with how elvenar is set up. If memory serves me correctly, only buildings tend to have any form of fancy animations right?