• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire awards are generally rubbish

DeletedUser20524

For the most part I come out net zero on spending diamonds and being rewarded diamonds.

With regards to needed rewards:

Time reductions - tons and I do use them.
Spell Fragments - for the love of God - I have over 100,000 and nothing I can craft will ever use these all with my crafting running 24x7.
Building teleports - I could teleport my entire city if you would let me.

That being said... why cant this system look at your inventory and give you stuff you dont have tons of or give you something to spend 100,000 spell fragments on?

KarlD

I used to have things I wanted to craft that made winning CC spells and fragments worthwhile. I haven't seen a single military building available to craft in over 2 weeks now. I haven't seen chess set pieces in even longer. However, there is now plenty of pet food, which I will stockpile for a time when it becomes more scarce and for lack of anything better to craft.

DeletedUser19458

I like to look at it as, the real reward is maybe a mystery chest or the final chest of each level. Everything you put in is to get that reward and anything else is just gravy. Spending a few dozen squads to get a free shot at a magic house or workshop ... totally worth it to me (as someone who doesn't buy diamonds).

KarlD

I like to look at it as, the real reward is maybe a mystery chest or the final chest of each level. Everything you put in is to get that reward and anything else is just gravy. Spending a few dozen squads to get a free shot at a magic house or workshop ... totally worth it to me (as someone who doesn't buy diamonds).
The bosses and mystery chests do offer good prizes and the group level prizes at the end make it worthwhile. I do plan to continue doing the Spire. But I have been very disappointed in what is available in the MA lately. We're getting all these CC spells and fragments, but I'm mostly just crafting stuff for vapors. Frankly, I've felt they gave us too much in the Spire and it looks like they realized that too and are trying to correct. But, I'm still disappointed with crafting since the things I looked forward to crafting appear to be gone.

Risen Malchiah

For the most part I come out net zero on spending diamonds and being rewarded diamonds.
I'm guessing you mostly use diplomacy since fighting wouldn't really spend diamonds.

My only suggestion (though not perfect) is that when doing diplomacy for the more difficult encounters, if you get all yellow results in the first guess, quit the encounter and start over. You want to get as many red results ("nobody needs this") to eliminate some goods from the choices. This will greatly reduce the chance that you will use up all 3 guesses and be forced to spend diamonds. It may feel like wasted goods, but in the long run it is cheaper than 3 failed guesses and then paying diamonds or starting over.

And if you're in a decent fellowship that unlocks either the first or 2nd level boss rewards, that's an extra chunk of diamonds coming in every week.

I completely agree with you about the spell fragments though. They just rain down on you. I could do with a slightly reduced chance for fragments in some encounters. At this point, I have no reason to disenchant anything other than when a quest asks for fragments.

Deleted User - 3932582

I completely agree with you about the spell fragments though. They just rain down on you. I could do with a slightly reduced chance for fragments in some encounters.
Not everyone (big understatement here) goes deep in the Spire every week. The vast majority of players do a few encounters in L1, and that's it. Or do some deeper pushes once in a while. I don't think they are swimming in fragments or CC as they also won't have crapton of stuff for disenchanting either from events or tournaments.

Advanced players often have overabundance of just about any resource (also see enchantments, regular goods, instants etc). This is not the worst problem to have. As a professional hoarder, I am happy that I no longer need to be concerned about running out of fragments or catalysts ever again. Good enough for me ;)

Risen Malchiah

Not everyone (big understatement here) goes deep in the Spire every week. The vast majority of players do a few encounters in L1, and that's it. Or do some deeper pushes once in a while. I don't think they are swimming in fragments or CC as they also won't have crapton of stuff for disenchanting either from events or tournaments.

Advanced players often have overabundance of just about any resource (also see enchantments, regular goods, instants etc). This is not the worst problem to have. As a professional hoarder, I am happy that I no longer need to be concerned about running out of fragments or catalysts ever again. Good enough for me ;)
True. Then perhaps just reduce the abundance of fragments in level 3. Maybe introduce other reward options in that level more representative of the cost to achieve it. Even just a slight increase in CCs in the 3rd level. I make them nonstop but still never seem to have enough.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

Have been watching some chapter 3/4 towns do spire map 1 each week and they are ticking up the spell fragment and cc spells well enough. not enough for 24/7 crafting yet but definitely increasing stock. If a town is only doing a section or 2 of spire then of course it won't stockpile much as it really isn't doing much. But map 1 alone is enough to make a difference.

Personally I really enjoy the spire and its rewards. They are powering my town like crazy and the many of the spire rewards are a reward of my choice. Spell fragments, cc spells and time instants all give me rewards that I choose in terms of how I spend them. I prefer that to lots of coin/supply instants as there was originally. With the current setup my town that needs those instants or other staff crafts them like crazy and the town that doesn't crafts things it wants. I don't mind a stash of fragments and cc spells (actually will be happier when I have a good stash of cc spells) as I will then be able to craft anything I want out of spire whenever I spot it.

Look at spire rewards in terms of what they can do for your town when you spend them. Not about a giant stash in your inventory which just, well...sits there.

DeletedUser15642

The bosses and mystery chests do offer good prizes and the group level prizes at the end make it worthwhile. I do plan to continue doing the Spire. But I have been very disappointed in what is available in the MA lately. We're getting all these CC spells and fragments, but I'm mostly just crafting stuff for vapors. Frankly, I've felt they gave us too much in the Spire and it looks like they realized that too and are trying to correct. But, I'm still disappointed with crafting since the things I looked forward to crafting appear to be gone.
I've crafted 2 mage multipliers and an unleashed in the last 2 weeks. mostly time instants and pet food but the others do pop up for me

Black watch

I have to say, I used to bad mouth the spire pretty thoroughly. It wasn't easy on the troops and catering (still is) a terrible joke and gives me a headache if I try and go that route.
That said, I learned my lesson right way on NOT catering in the spire.
As far as fighting, I figured it out and found you can see the multiple waves by clicking the little arrow and poof. I fight the spire every Sunday morning when I can and shoot to the top and wait for my clan mates to add to my rewards.
The only thing I've gotten jaded about is the unending supply of fragments that drop way too often for my taste, at 159 K I feel like I'm swimming in them. Offering an occasional new prize that fills a fragment spot would be nice.
I never thought I'd say this, but the spire is the highlight of my week.
Thanks INNO for a nice addition to the game, especially with clan participation aspect.