• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire - Bonus Chests

BrinDarby

When a player finishes a chest( cater/fight ) and Earns a bonus chest, that chest should
be instantly accessable to claim.....

Putting this chest further in the spire, Behind a force field, forcing players to clear
multiple chests & the shield, is making them PAY for something they already did/won.

That player paid , by opening the chest that produced the bonus chest..... they
should NOT be forced to do ANYTHING.... that chest should be instantly available !!!!!!!!
BrinDarby

DeepTerminal

you didnt pay for the bonus chest. you paid for a chance for it to spawn at a random location on that level.

you can debate all you want about whether thats a good game design (i personally think its fine), but just dont act like you are entitled to it somehow.

also the fact that its behind a gate doesnt force you to do anything. it merely incentivizes you to go further. but at the end of the day you have to make the call of how far you want to go.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yep, it was annoying to me before I could complete the Spire weekly, now I don't notice so much.
But, iirc, it was complained about multiple times and all we heard back was...crickets...

"The frequency of chirping varies according to temperature. To get a rough estimate of the temperature in degrees fahrenheit, count the number of chirps in 15 seconds and then add 37. The number you get will be an approximation of the outside temperature."

So, in keeping with the analogy, does this mean the more we ask (turn up the heat) the faster they chirp? Just a question. LOL.

As for the question at hand, I finish every week so not it doesn't bother me. When I didn't finish every week it did incentivize me to do the necessary levels to reach the unclaimed chest so I think that was/is probably the intent of the behavior. Or at least it's an effect.

AJ

StarLoad

When a player finishes a chest( cater/fight ) and Earns a bonus chest, that chest should

Putting this chest further in the spire, Behind a force field, forcing players to clear
multiple chests & the shield, is making them PAY for something they already did/won.

That player paid , by opening the chest that produced the bonus chest..... they
should NOT be forced to do ANYTHING.... that chest should be instantly available !!!!!!!!
BrinDarby
No

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

Thank-you for your opinion. While it's nice to know where you stand, it's probably not going to do much to further the discussion or change anybody's mind as we are uninformed as to why you say "no." You may have, of course, just reacted without thought, but I'm willing to bet there is actually a reason or idea behind your response. A more usefull reply may have been: "No, because I think......"

I'd really like to see you finish that sentence for us.

Thanks,

AJ

AtaguS

Totally see where you are coming from here. But as @n00bslayer420 suggests, the concept of what is earned around here can require some adjusting. Anything above and beyond the coins, supplies, goods or other resource products (values set in advance and achievable by unlocking tech, etc)...very little is truly owed or earned. But the rest can be seen as happy little extras that help make the game more interesting for a moment or more.

If it helps...think of the contents of the chest as the reward for the encounter, and the bonus chest as a random boon tossed down by the spire gods to entice you upward.

StarLoad

Thank-you for your opinion. While it's nice to know where you stand, it's probably not going to do much to further the discussion or change anybody's mind as we are uninformed as to why you say "no." You may have, of course, just reacted without thought, but I'm willing to bet there is actually a reason or idea behind your response. A more usefull reply may have been: "No, because I think......"

I'd really like to see you finish that sentence for us.

Thanks,

AJ
Fine I will elaborate, no, because the OP comes off in his post as entitled. You may have earned the chest but not the right to open it, if the game spoon feeds you everything, well then what is the point.

This is of course only my opinion and reflect how I read his post here and others before it.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think the existing mechanic is perfectly reasonable, and the folloing context helps a lot:

You don't get the notification in the chest, you get it before you open the chest.
That says to me: When you overcome whatever was guarding the chest, they leave behind a map that tells you exactly where to find a hidden treasure chest. That doesn't guarantee you can recover it.

DeletedUser26692

It is also nice to see what rewards are possible before you open it, and I have only been able to see that when the chest is behind a shield. For instance, up until last week I thought you could only get the genie from the 3rd floor of the Spire... However I got the highest bonus chest (behind a shield on the 2nd floor)and could see a genie inside! I don't remember the % chance but I'm guessing low.... I received a Portal profit from it (sigh) but it did give me hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just played a level on the spire and got a bonus chest that's three doors up. I have to wait for the door I just completed to open, and then go through 2 more doors before I get it. Usually they are a lot closer than that, one or two doors. I didn't intend to go that high this week, but I may just decide to do it. The good news is that you don't have to fight the spirits on that level if you don't want to. You can just open the door and then open the bonus chest and leave the others alone, so that's not so bad.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I just played a level on the spire and got a bonus chest that's three doors up. I have to wait for the door I just completed to open, and then go through 2 more doors before I get it. Usually they are a lot closer than that, one or two doors.

That is probably the main intent of the system- to occasionally push you farther than normal, which helps you get better adjusted to the spire.

DeletedUser2959

IF it was actually 'earned' I'd agree. It isn't 'earned', it's a bonus. You can go further and claim it, or you can pass. There's literally nothing in any bonus chest that would compel me to do anything I didn't want to do.

Risen Malchiah

Does anyone know what happens if you trigger more bonus chests than the map can hold? Is that even possible? The only reason I even thought of it is I recently had an incredibly lucky run of 4 bonus chests in a row in the first section of one of the levels. I collected the one next to me, followed by the next one right after opening the next door. But it made me curious what would happen if I failed to collect them for a few more encounters. Would no more chests get triggered or would a new chest overwrite an existing one?

Oh, and naturally, I don't remember getting any more bonus chests for most of the remaining level. So who knows. I'm not insane enough to test if they pile up or not.

mikeledo

I was pointed out to me and I counted it myself that INNO has nerfed us once again. The spire prizes consisted of 33 X 5hr spells for all chests. Now it totals 31. I didn't read anything about it in the change announcements.