• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire Boss naming contest discussion

Kadhrin

What format do you want the entries in? One post per person with all three names, or one post per name?
Is voting per name or per slate of three names?

Moho

Chef
I was not planning to participate but for a second I said to myself that maybe I should give it a shot. Incredible Gulp and Maxx Demon popped up almost instantaneously. I googled them and these names seem to be already taken. So, I'd rather skip this contest.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Ed has been trying to warn people against using copyrighted names, and I'd like to add my voice to that. Looks like a lot of the names are taken. I keep going through the posts trying to pick my favorite, and then googling the names to make sure they aren't copyrighted, and sure enough, I find them in either World of Warcraft or another game. I may just wind up voting for my own if people keep doing that, lol.

Come on guys ... it isn't that hard to think up your own. If you come up with something, google it to make sure it wasn't used before. This is the last day, so put on your thinking caps so we get lots more entries, and I may wind up voting for yours instead of mine, lol.

Darn ... ignore my message. I didn't realize the contest deadline had passed.

Last edited:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Ed has been trying to warn people against using copyrighted names, and I'd like to add my voice to that. Looks like a lot of the names are taken. I keep going through the posts trying to pick my favorite, and then googling the names to make sure they aren't copyrighted, and sure enough, I find them in either World of Warcraft or another game.

Since Helya has been clear on the point that this is an entirely unofficial naming contest, it probably doesn't actually matter if copyrighted names get chosen, right? We're basically just choosing silly shorthand for us here in the US forum, and Helya was nice enough to offer us diamonds for it! :diamond::diamond: (That being said, I do agree it would be more fun to come up with our own names and lore rather than just replicate some other game/franchise's names. ;) )

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Also, how is the voting done? Is it just the number of likes on a post, or will there be something along the lines of an official poll? @helya?