• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Considering Spire Completion "Giant 'Ta-Da'"

When you complete the Spire, should you are transported to a celebratory room

• In Favor

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • Not In Favor

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

defiantoneks

One of my FS members made his first ascent to the top of the spire today, and his reaction was "I'm sitting here in an empty room. I was expecting some horn blowing or some sort of giant "ta-da".

So, my suggestion, feeling he is rightly disappointed, is this:

Current situation: beg, battle and barter your way to the top of the spire, defeat all enemies, and stand in an empty room

Proposed situation: beg, battle and barter your way to the top of the spire, defeat all enemies and BOOM! the chamber transforms in some way to a celebratory feel. maybe color change, some gold sparklies, banners, a feast? something. let's add a little glam for those who get to the top rather than stand there alone with your sword.

Pros: more fun!
Cons: some extra artwork and a lil coding to recognize the completion status and trigger the art to be shown

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Love this idea. There should be some way to give extra oomph to the experience of making it to the top.

I had a dream once that the room at the top suddenly changed to a wall of trophies, with everyone's name on each trophy who was in the top that week. That way you could see everyone who was with you at the top easily.

And yeah, I do have weird dreams, lol.

Serena McTavish

Love this idea. There should be some way to give extra oomph to the experience of making it to the top.

I had a dream once that the room at the top suddenly changed to a wall of trophies, with everyone's name on each trophy who was in the top that week. That way you could see everyone who was with you at the top easily.

And yeah, I do have weird dreams, lol.

I wish there was a LOVE button to click.

I heartily back this idea. On mobile, you can't click on avatars so if multiple people have the same avatar then you can't tell who has completed the spire.

Zoof

LOVE this idea! I won't lie, I myself was shocked a little the first time I made it to find out nothing happens at all. (It didn't take away how proud of myself I was, but did come across my mind right when I realized nothing was happening and it was over)
My first time hitting the top I really thought I'd see fireworks or something. The whole way through every chest would say "Awesome", even if it wasn't. :rolleyes: Then I hit the top and......nothing..... So I agree, ta da or something would be nice. :D
I agree with the sentiment. The first time I topped the Spire, I was left hanging. At first, I thought the game stopped working, then I moused all over the screen to see if there was anything hidden. Nothing. A bit of a disappointment; I would've accepted that the thing at the end was just broken. Maybe it is, but nobody ever actually reported it as such because it never worked and the devs never found out about it because it always worked on their internal test servers? Who knows.

But maybe it's for the best *snrk*. It lets our imaginations run rampant in the empty space. In a couple of fellowships I'm in, we have ourselves a nice party up at top. Sure, the game doesn't actually show it, but it's alive in the chat and in our hearts. Reaching the top should have a celebratory feel to it.
This week in one of them, it's Christmas cookies on the party platter.

... I still want some form of congratulations, even if it's a cheap popup box saying "YOU ARE WINNER!" "YOU'RE WINNER!" "A WINNER IS YOU"

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I prefer the Spire not be broken while they fix the problems created by adding a giant "Ta-da" at the end so I voted no.
Hehehe.
"I don't want any changes in case they break something during implementation."
Might be the most pessimistic vote I've seen here =)

free-spirit

Hehehe.
"I don't want any changes in case they break something during implementation."
Might be the most pessimistic vote I've seen here =)
I didn't say In case they break something, and I think it would be almost a guarantee something breaks when trying to adjust an existing feature. The Spire works right now. I enjoy it and prefer it stays that way.

I have nothing against new features that will add value to the game, but the risk of something breaking, in this case, does not seem worth it. Not that I see this idea going past our forum.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Not that I see this idea going past our forum.
Once upon a time they were keen to have the app and browser versions the same but that ship seems to have sailed long ago. There are some nice little QoL differences between them that would be nice in the other version, but like you, I suspect this won't get further along.

It is very difficult to get suggestions through and our forum seems to vote so many ideas with little consideration to likely acceptance. Even if something is accepted (by the devs, which is the final step) it often takes years for implementation.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
What? When I reached the top of the Spire the first time they sent me a boquet of flowers, a box of chocolate, 500 diamond rings and a partridge in a pair tree. By the time I got to the top of the Spire again the flowers were long wilted, the box of chocolate gone, the diamond rings pawned for something I could really use, and the pair tree chopped down for firewood by the orcs.

And, my second arrival to the top was met with a sign: "Notice: due to the desire to make a profit in this game Inno has discontinued any rewards for reaching the top of the Spire other than the ones you receive on your journey. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Do I want more whistles and bells for reaching the top? You bet. How about something really special like a once a year 500 diamonds for reaching the top 100, 200, or even 300 times?

In any case I take a book with me so I have something to read once I arrive.

AJ