• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Considering Spire Completion "Giant 'Ta-Da'"

When you complete the Spire, should you are transported to a celebratory room

• In Favor

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • Not In Favor

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I am remembering when we asked for a couch, or a lounge and a bartender, for the top of the Spire. I think a 'ta-da!!!' with confetti would be much easier, don't you?
Or more section? Ironic we are suggesting a request for a feature signaling and celebrating the finality of something called “Spire of Eternity”. Them Germans lost something in translation.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Also voting no, we don't need a big "ta da" and sitting at the top shows that enough. What we need (for browser) is the green tick to appear on the spire icon in the main screen, like the mobile app has. Just a simple and clear indicator you have finished it for the week.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Sometimes it's great to have no idea how all this coding stuff works!
In my mind, yes this will take some dev time. Will it take so much time that it will interfere with their ability to address any issues they've failed to address for years now? Probably not. And that's if they had any intention to address them to start with. So, I voted yes.
Also, if they actually implement this, it will make the forums interesting for a minute, lol! Players will come and complain there's this 'new' thing they've 'wasted' time on when there are so many other areas that need attention. This happens with every feature they change or launch.
Don't believe me? Cauldron and New Quest system launches on live soon, new FA structure most likely sooner than those. Someone should start a pool on how long it will take before the first 'Why did they waste their time on this when they need to be doing [x, y, z]?!?!' post appears on the forum after launch. Winner gets free cyber snacks of their choice!

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Please, enlighten me as to how I am part of the player movement problem.
Does your defending their lack of results bring us closer to the solution?
No I’m defending the Spire Ta Da , that’s what the post subject is … I thought
It’s not about player movement. It’s about voting for something entirely different then what’s suddenly being capitalized on and blame being placed.
I don’t feel there’s a need to defend Inno , but I will when the topic gets thrown into a place it doesn’t belong.
As for it bringing us closer to a solution, in this case yes I feel it will because we can at least get back on topic …. after all , isn’t that the solution we are looking for in this post ?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Gosh, I thought this was a slam dunk, but people keep knocking it down. Awww dang. In any case, I still love the idea. If anyone is voting it down simply because they're afraid of the programmers breaking something while they do it, then we might as well not ask for anything cool ever. Where's the fun in that?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Gosh, I thought this was a slam dunk, but people keep knocking it down. Awww dang. In any case, I still love the idea. If anyone is voting it down simply because they're afraid of the programmers breaking something while they do it, then we might as well not ask for anything cool ever. Where's the fun in that?

I voted based on the title. I don't need my time being wasted being transported to another room just to celebrate my making it to the top every week. That is tiring just thinking about it, like how people are always complaining about having to click the "Awesome!" button so much. If the OP wants some sort of congratulatory message the first time the Spire is completed, as the original complaint seems to be about, then that needs a new suggestion.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I voted based on the title. I don't need my time being wasted being transported to another room just to celebrate my making it to the top every week. That is tiring just thinking about it, like how people are always complaining about having to click the "Awesome!" button so much. If the OP wants some sort of congratulatory message the first time the Spire is completed, as the original complaint seems to be about, then that needs a new suggestion.
Hmm ... I think you and I are thinking of different ways this could pan out. And I can't say your way wouldn't happen. I'm not changing my vote, but you have given me a wider perspective. Thank you.

defiantoneks

for the record, i never asked to be transported anywhere. just some cool banners or some sort of colorful graphics. ya know, like when the army comes back to the castle in victory. right there where you're standing in the spire top chamber. coding is really already there, as once you've defeated the boss at that level the chest can be opened. that can trigger a popup of changed graphics. it's not complex. and its not related to other in-game issues. if that was some criteria we would not have a suggestion board at all, because ALL suggestions would take away from some issue that another player preferred fixing/changing first.

free-spirit

I voted no mostly because I think it's an amazing waste of the developer's time, will likely break something if implemented, and adds no value to the game but will add an annoying pop-up.

Yogi Dave

To me the 'problem' with a 'ta-da' in any form is it will just be something different up there which will quickly get as boring as what is already there. Has the FA map background changed? So, it's just asking for another pretty, pretty, which is not a bad thing (and is why I voted yes, but very much doubt it will move past the mods meeting). If the room changes as more people reach the top, even if it's just adding everybody's avatar, that complicates the implementation issue a bit. I've played many games that end and it's just done. Feels a bit like a letdown. But I've also played some that has something at the end. One had you add another item to your throne room. That's cool once or twice, then it just becomes the same ol' same ol'. As for what I think is really needed up there is a composting toilet. With all the BBQ, burgers, fudge, cookies, beer, wine and whiskey FS members take up there, we need a place to go. The spirits clean the trash we leave while it's gone. Oh, wait a minute. I found the loo. Just turn left and step past the gear, then left again and poof! there it is. Well, at least my FS's problem is solved. Party on.
and its not related to other in-game issues. if that was some criteria we would not have a suggestion board at all, because ALL suggestions would take away from some issue that another player preferred fixing/changing first.
Very much agree with this. I'm sure (yep sure) that the interface programmers are not the ones who work on the city movement problem. ... and let's not even talk about <insert my fav pet peeve here>. Yep that, which I'm not going to talk about since it isn't germane to the topic.

defiantoneks

Sigh. This is why we can't have nice things.
“The best argument against Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
just reminds me to stop making suggestions. seems people would rather argue about the same issues over and over, rather than ask for something different. surprised there isn't a complaint thread about the snow. (or I just havent found it)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
just reminds me to stop making suggestions.
Exactly.
I used to make loads of suggestions (like reducing tournament encounters from 4 to 1) and the pushback from the playerbase is stunning. Same with FA badge collection: that one took years to push through with some forum users resisting the whole way.
Never underestimate people's ability to vote against their own self-interests I guess.

I'll be honest, making the game better just isn't worth fighting for anymore, and this suggestion's results are a perfect example of why.
The turnout of players who have the attitude of "I didn't get my wishes so no one should get theirs" is disappointingly high.

Partypoopers, the lot of you. This suggestion was literally for a party and y'all pooped on it.

StarLoad

I'm terribly sorry I did not realize that we were REQUIRED to like an idea here and if we didn't, we were party poopers. I have voted yes to many ideas. I voted no to this one because I didn't like it. That would be the very reason we have a vote, no?
Well said

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
'm terribly sorry I did not realize that we were REQUIRED to like an idea here and if we didn't, we were party poopers. I have voted yes to many ideas. I voted no to this one because I didn't like it. That would be the very reason we have a vote, no?
"I don't like it" is a perfectly acceptable stance, but that's not what you said before, see the following quotes from you:
I voted no mostly because I think it's an amazing waste of the developer's time
This is a less defensible opinion, because, as stated, it would be just a moment of work to adjust the already existing pop-up, or implement new graphics (once they were made)
will likely break something if implemented
Baseless assumption, and if you go by that then you should vote "no" on every single idea.
will add an annoying pop-up.
As mentioned above, a pop-up exists when you click the last chest, and adding some congratulatory text wouldn't hurt.
adds no value to the game
Claiming that it "adds nothing" is also inaccurate because it would clearly add something for some players, or else they wouldn't ask for it.

So it may add nothing for you, but that's not what you said. You have the right to only think about yourself and your needs, but at least be accurate about it.
Personally, I'd vote yes for this idea even if I didn't play in the spire, because it doesn't hurt me, and it's something others want, but I guess that's not how everyone thinks.

Last edited:

free-spirit

"I don't like it" is a perfectly acceptable stance, but that's not what you said before, see the following quotes from you:
I'm sorry I did not spell out "I don't like it" in my initial post. I assumed it was inferred, but I'll remember that for the next time.

A third of the votes also do not like this idea, which means they also do not see value in it.