• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Considering Spire Completion "Giant 'Ta-Da'"

When you complete the Spire, should you are transported to a celebratory room

• In Favor

Votes: 40 61.5%
  • Not In Favor

Votes: 25 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm sorry I did not spell out "I don't like it" in my initial post. I assumed it was inferred, but I'll remember that for the next time.

A third of the votes also do not like this idea, which means they also do not see value in it.
Some would call 33% a minority;)
I'm sorry I did not spell out "I don't like it" in my initial post. I assumed it was inferred
It was indeed implied, but your mistake was to embellish your position with nonsense.

Lemme try and explain one last time before I lose all hope in humanity:
  • "I don't like it" while annoying in its lack of specifics is unassailable because there could be an unknown valid reason for your not liking it.
  • "I don't like it because it will add a pop-up" is garbage because there is already a pop-up, and text could simply be added to it.
See the difference? The first is an opinion, the second is a false statement. They are not the same.

Queen of Snacks

Snack Hoarder
Some would call 33% a minority;)

It was indeed implied, but your mistake was to embellish your position with nonsense.

Lemme try and explain one last time before I lose all hope in humanity:
  • "I don't like it" while annoying in its lack of specifics is unassailable because there could be an unknown valid reason for your not liking it.
  • "I don't like it because it will add a pop-up" is garbage because there is already a pop-up, and text could simply be added to it.
See the difference? The first is an opinion, the second is a false statement. They are not the same.
You are not the policer of the forum and also people's opinions. This isn't ok.

SoggyShorts

You are not the policer of the forum and also people's opinions. This isn't ok.
But these are just my opinions. Surely mine aren't going to be policed.
If anyone can have any opinion they want without question, I'd like the right to have any opinion I want without question, please.

Edit: sarcasm regarding double standards aside, I'm not policing opinions. I'm challenging false statements disguised as opinions.

People can't claim the earth is flat and be free from challenges.

Last edited:

Queen of Snacks

Snack Hoarder
But these are just my opinions. Surely mine aren't going to be policed.
If anyone can have any opinion they want without question, I'd like the right to have any opinion I want without question, please.

Edit: sarcasm regarding double standards aside, I'm not policing opinions. I'm challenging false statements disguised as opinions.

People can't claim the earth is flat and be free from challenges.
We want people to be comfortable posting on the forum. Being a jerk to people isn't going to encourage that at all and in this particular case you're being kind of mean because you don't like their reason for voting no. And there's no reason for that.

Based on free-spirits stats, she's been playing long enough to know that yes, the game can often become buggy when new ideas are added, and made the determination that this idea is not worth risking that to her. You don't have to like her decision but you shouldn't attack her, or anyone else, for it.

**Full disclosure, I am in a fellowship with free spirit in C.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

We want people to be comfortable posting on the forum. .. your being kind of mean
While I admit to no wrongdoing in this thread and believe everything I've posted here to be accurate, I will agree that I could have been nicer, or just dropped it.
I guess that I need to learn how to channel my inner Keanu
keannu.png

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Keanu is real? :oops:
The Always Be My Maybe Keanu is one of the best fake Keanus.

I, too, exercised my right to not vote. I used to vote YES for everything that came up, no matter how idiotic the ideas, because it costs nothing to throw spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks and what the devs will accept. These days, I'm part of the jaded and disenfranchised voter base. The whole legislative process moves at the pace of I can't be bothered.

TomatoeHu

Sheets of Color
I think the sound can be easily changed. I turned on the music and i am certain the sound bit on the chest could be changed to Ta Da! Anyone who doesn't want the acknowledgement can mute their sound. The pop up character that Inno always uses could scroll across the screen, and give a congratulations, this is my preference i think. nothing to click and we all sit up there for one second anyways at least to make sure we have all our mystery chests so No harm, No delay and No extra click.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Hehehe.
"I don't want any changes in case they break something during implementation."
Might be the most pessimistic vote I've seen here =)
If so, can you honestly say it isn't warranted?

I'd probably have voted yes, but maybe not. they could at least throw a bunch of junk in the chest to make it look like a real haul.
  • One of each kind of 5% instant on top of the random contents?
  • A lampion to turn into fragments?
  • 25 diamonds in addition to anyting that shows up in the random results?

Starderup

Wrong again. We actually share that same opinion: I too would rather have player movement fixed than a victory screen for the spire, I'm just aware that one doesn't affect the other, so I realize that voting against this idea makes no sense.

Imagine the waitress asks if you want cream in your coffee and you reply with "I'd rather they renovated the bathroom"
It. Makes. No. Sense.
Yes, of course, the bathroom sucks, and we all want that renovated, BUT that's not the question you we

I voted no mostly because I think it's an amazing waste of the developer's time, will likely break something if implemented, and adds no value to the game but will add an annoying pop-up.
The pop-ups can disappear after a few seconds like many other notifications in the game.

hvariidh gwendrot

this idea has circulated a few time before for years, but no disco in the clubhouse yet, just solo staring at the empty room party would be groovy looking

Starderup

I wish they had not expanded on the original idea to do a simple TA-DA!
Once that was done, and everyone was reassured nothing else broke, they could embellish it.

kyhillbillydc

Can anyone tell me how to get in on the Voting in the polls?
Or how to see them?
Or is this a select few that get to vote and not all players of Elvenar?
Thanks for the help

Ky

kyhillbillydc

I will gladly open the vote, although in the future please tag me or DM me to let me know
Thanks for the reply.
I see this talking abought gladly open the vote. But I don't see a link that would have taken one to a poll.
I understand I am missing something (hence) why I am asking. I know this poll closed long ago. Is there a way to see open polls or upcoming ones. or Polls that have closed?

Thanks
Ky