• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire diplomacy/catering tutorial

• Thread starter Deleted User - 3932582
  • Start date

BrinDarby

1st time in Spire....
I get ... 3 choices is duhhhhh, and with 4 you might end up with one 50/50 choice.
5 choices means 2-3 50/50's, depending on your choices... but 6, well now...

Not sure I get the saving choices, but I do get .. a bad 1st rnd = stop there try again.
MiniMax, what odds have you got 6 choices down to for success ???
BrinD

Deleted User - 3932582

MiniMax, what odds have you got 6 choices down to for success ???
Um, it's right there in the largest font possible, in both Level 1 and Level 2 videos... ~55% for 6 goods in 3 attempts.

BrinDarby

Mini-Max... would you kinda say that catering in the Spire is kinda like chess.... ?
and I agree, sometimes a choice is more about specific information. I am
still a rookie, and I luv your thread, no I havent watched the videos yet, but
I am finding Spire easier than I 1st thought, because of how you choose,
giving you usefull information so that by turn 3, you shud be a lock to get
it right.... or only have to (educated)guess on 1 of them.... and thats always
usually a 50/50...
BrinD

Deleted User - 3932582

Mini-Max... would you kinda say that catering in the Spire is kinda like chess.... ?
No, not quite like chess. Chess is a game with full information - you know everything about your own and your opponent position etc. Everything is determined by skills of the players.

Catering is more like blackjack. You don't know what your next card is going to be, and you don't know what the dealer is going to get. So no full information here, and yet some choices here are better than others. It is also entirely possible to deploy the best strategy and sill go completely bust as there is non-trivial random component. But on average players who use optimal strategy would do a lot better than players who do not.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrinDarby

@MinMax Gamer , when I read 1 of your earlier comments where you made choices that on the surface seem odd, yet you were maximizing the information you were getting therefore sucessive choices became easier. I guess thats what I meant with the chess comment, where you might know what something is after turn 1, yet you bypass pipcking it, to pick something else thus usually eliminating something in the process..... kinda like front loading the info you get.....

Things like that and an understanding of most RNGs, I was able to complete it this week. I understand the adv.s I get in my current chapter, but apply'n ideas from your thread into my strategy, really helped...... so thks alot for giving back to the game as you do.
BrinD