• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire - Let players choose between regular prize or spell fragments.

Siorse

1-Explain/show how I "keep talking about being new", by my count it's exactly once..
2-Explain/show where I ever said "be nice/understand" new people
3-Where did I ever "talk like I know everything already"?
4-you can always ignore and you'll no longer see my posts
5-Why is it so difficult apparently to just be civil (courteous and polite vs "nice"-pleasant/agreeable) and explain your stance instead of saying "it should be obvious" to OP who is ALSO NEW to the forum.

Siorse

Maybe the Boss Chest spell frags were just a temporary addition meant to distract everyone from the reduction in diamond percentages in the smaller chests.

Well played Inno, well played. :D
IMO that would be great I would much rather have a DA.
But on the other hand there are people who want the frags and it would be terrible to make them happy and just yank it away like that.

Siorse

kind of implies "we" aren't happy to hear the post in question. The rest of us may or may not be happy to hear what Muck
I meant to address this when I first read it and then️️
Yes, you're correct, I agree that the "we" should have been "I". I apologise for coming across as speaking for everyone, that wasn't my intent.
My intent was that "we"(at least I'd like to think so)-everyone would like to help and/or see ideas that could address this issue and see it resolved so that everyone thinks that there's still value on a personal level of continuing to assault the Spire.

Saphirarya

But I really think this suggestion is a non starter.
And the reasons should be obvious.
Since another poster had questioned this comment earlier, I waited to ask, hoping that it would be explained. Since that has not yet happened, I’m going to ask - what are the obvious reasons that make my suggestion a “non-starter”? They are not obvious to me, and I would appreciate the clarification.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Since another poster had questioned this comment earlier, I waited to ask, hoping that it would be explained. Since that has not yet happened, I’m going to ask - what are the obvious reasons that make my suggestion a “non-starter”? They are not obvious to me, and I would appreciate the clarification.

Well, I should have said, "The reasons will be obvious to anyone who has been here a while."
But since you asked nicely, here's the main reason.
* You are asking Inno to totally change the way the prizes are awarded.
They've decided it best suits them to have a random system. No way they are going to let us chose what we want. Everybody would just choose the same few prizes.
Does that make sense?

Sweetp

Ex-Team Member
Please be kind to each other in your postings. Respect each other's opinions and stop attacking each other. We watch the forum closely and do not need anymore reports regarding this topic or it will be removed and further action taken to all parties involved.

Saphirarya

* You are asking Inno to totally change the way the prizes are awarded.
They've decided it best suits them to have a random system. No way they are going to let us chose what we want. Everybody would just choose the same few prizes
Thank you for the reply. And I see now that I need to clarify something in my suggestion.

I’m not suggesting that, upon defeating a stage boss, a player is presented with a list of multiple prizes from which they can choose.

I am suggesting that, for whichever random prize the player might have won, they are presented with the option to either choose that random prize, or choose spell fragments instead.

Another option would be to have this choice only apply to the prize(s) that have the same percentage chance of being won as spell fragments. (I am assuming here that some of the chance-of-winning percentages are the same for some prizes. I’ve never really paid attention to the actual odds). That way, you aren’t presented with the spell fragment choice every time, but only with prizes that have the same odds as spell fragments. But this does sound like it would be harder to program.

I don’t see this as totally changing the way the prizes are won, since players would still be getting presented with a random prize. They would just be getting the option to swap that random prize out for a special amount of spell fragments.

Sprite1313

I am suggesting that, for whichever random prize the player might have won, they are presented with the option to either choose that random prize, or choose spell fragments instead.
One problem with this is that you already can choose spell fragments for almost any prize you win in the spire. I understand that you are proposing an option that would make an item worth MORE in the spire than it is in your inventory, but I see this being a sticking point for the developers. They have already given us a way to swap unwanted items for spell fragments. If I win a Dwarven Armory in the spire, I can already disenchant that and get spell fragments. So, I don't see the devs agreeing to make it worth 4k frags in the spire, but only 360 frags once it's in your inventory. Same thing with portal profits, 4k in spire, or 420/800,etc, in inventory.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I’m not suggesting that, upon defeating a stage boss, a player is presented with a list of multiple prizes from which they can choose.

I don’t see this as totally changing the way the prizes are won, since players would still be getting presented with a random prize. They would just be getting the option to swap that random prize out for a special amount of spell fragments.
The number of choices doesn't matter. The spire code currently doesn't offer any choices anywhere for prizes, When you click the chest, they are randomly selected by the server and an entry placed in your data table on the server. Offering a single choice takes as much code as offering it for every prize, and takes a little more time, processing power, and bandwidth. Multiplied by however many thousand players get the choice.

To add my spin on Muck's point, Elvenar (like all games which rely on voluntary micro-transactiuons) are constantly rebalanced to maximize the players' urge to use diamonds. Adding a choice detracts from that, because it instantly increases the chance that a player will get what they want, instead of what they don't want for every single person who is offered the option. The developers will generally opt for making it as hard for the players to get what they want without spending money as they can without driving the player away from the game. Any additional coding which reduces the chance for diamond sales without offering an increase somewhere else is the functional equivalent of saying "I want you to spend money so that I don't have to spend as much money as I do now." The develops are unlikely to take the suggestion.

Saphirarya

One problem with this is that you already can choose spell fragments for almost any prize you win in the spire.
Then why put spell fragments as a top boss prize at all? Players should just go and disenchant their prizes in inventory, if they’d rather have spell fragments. Honestly, my preference would be to not have the three top bosses award spell fragments at all. I was just trying to suggest a compromise to Inno’s change of adding that as a prize that many of us feel reduces the value of playing in the Spire.

Siorse

The developers will generally opt for making it as hard for the players to get what they want without spending money as they can without driving the player away from the game
I don't think that this change would affect how many people spend RL money on the game as you can't-as far as I'm aware-use diamonds to purchase either spell fragments or other Spire prizes besides the Magic residences/workshops.
And while you can craft PP, Coin/Supply instants and time boost instants, I've never seen the DA available to craft in the MA. I would love that!
And as OP said, only offer the chance to convert to the 4k Inno thinks is a prize to everyone-it's not just as a DA isn't to everyone. BUT unlike the DA, there are other ways to get frags outside of the spire.

Siorse

It seems as though a lot of people think that OP is saying "let us choose a prize" --
That's not at all what is being suggested; the suggestion is to go back to NOT having spell fragments as a chance in the 2 top boss chests but to instead-as a valuable prize to those who need them-allow them to convert any prize with the same RNG % as the frags are/were to the 4k frags.
If this sounds like a muddled description I apologize in advance.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't think that this change would affect how many people spend RL money on the game as you can't-as far as I'm aware-use diamonds to purchase either spell fragments or other Spire prizes besides the Magic residences/workshops.
And while you can craft PP, Coin/Supply instants and time boost instants, I've never seen the DA available to craft in the MA. I would love that!
And as OP said, only offer the chance to convert to the 4k Inno thinks is a prize to everyone-it's not just as a DA isn't to everyone. BUT unlike the DA, there are other ways to get frags outside of the spire.
Could you please elaborate on this with respect to the change I’m suggesting? I don’t see how my suggestion would impact diamond sales.
Every prize, whether it is a building, or a time instant, or fragments, offers value to the players. As soon as you offer them a choice of soemthing they want more than they want something else, you reduce their urge to spend money on the option they pick.

Fragments are worthless to me. I have no use for them at all. The change to more fragments in the spire is costing me things I want. If the game offers me a choice between fragments and anything else, I will always pick something else, reducing my need to spend diamonds somewhere.
It seems as though a lot of people think that OP is saying "let us choose a prize" --
That's not at all what is being suggested; the suggestion is to go back to NOT having spell fragments as a chance in the 2 top boss chests but to instead-as a valuable prize to those who need them-allow them to convert any prize with the same RNG % as the frags are/were to the 4k frags.
If this sounds like a muddled description I apologize in advance.
I don't think there is any confusion. You are asking for a choice between something and fragements. That is 100% letting us choose our prize.

Siorse

Fragments are worthless to me. I have no use for them at all. The change to more fragments in the spire is costing me things I want. If the game offers me a choice between fragments and anything else, I will always pick something else, reducing my need to spend diamonds somewhere.
Ok so I'm going to argue semantics here and I'm not trying to be difficult by doing so I promise.
It's not a choice between fragments and something else. The suggestion is not to offer a choice between the 4k fragments and the DA(yes I keep going back to this because it's valuable to me)
The suggestion is to REMOVE the 3k/ 4k fragments prizes from the last 2 bosses but allow those players who get whatever the RNG equivalent is (DA/Magic res/WS-whatever) to the 3k/4k frags as their valuable prize.
Because yes you're right, if Inno gave me the option the other way round I'd switch every single time.
And I'm with you-fragments are worthless to me.

Siorse

Like OP said-maybe a pop-up that asks if you'd like to convert your (insert bldg/spell here) to 3k/4k spell fragments (boss dependent)
Not being tech savvy idk how hard it would be.

Saphirarya

Fragments are worthless to me as well. And the addition of them as prizes from the top bosses will actually reduce my spending of diamonds in the game, as I likely will choose to not waste my resources in the Spire anymore. I frequently spent diamonds in there as I tend to guess poorly when I attempt to convince in the High Halls and Laboratory (and battling doesn’t go well for me there unless I have a bunch of active battle boost buildings in my city). I frequently spent more diamonds than I won from the Spire, hoping for a good prize from the top boss. But now, thinking that all those diamonds and resources might result in a prize of 3,000-4,000 spell fragments really puts the brakes on me wanting to forge my way to the top of the Spire. I guess I’ll be saving a bunch of diamonds now.

Siorse

But now, thinking that all those diamonds and resources might result in a prize of 3,000-4,000 spell fragments really puts the brakes on me wanting to forge my way to the top of the Spire. I guess I’ll be saving a bunch of diamonds now.
This is my stance as well, instead of Inno getting more money from me for diamonds it'll be less because I'll be using less.