• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire Master Interviews with Maximum Effort (Combined Thread)

I agree Michael, it sucks that there is no "like" button...and I think you might be on to something! I bet the Spire Minions are indeed behind this somehow.

XLWizard

Eater of Crawfish
Week 13: Childe XLWizard to the Spire of Eternity Came and beguiled it into bewilderment! Here is my RL interview with this Spire Master conducted entirely by mental telepathy, which was hard on XL because he said all he got from my end was static.

(I walk in 3 or 4 days late - but who's counting right - and see XL stepping out of a wall! He really is a wizard! Also, faintly, from somewhere I hear the theme song to "Cheers", you know..."You want to go where everybody knows your name...dum dum dum dah...and their always glad you came...dum dum dum dah (blah blah blah)" ANYWAYS - Love that Song!! XL looks at me glumly, "So, whoever you are, you actually came...". He sighs deeply. He also seems to be holding a freshly drawn mug of ale.

Q1: How did you make it up the Spire so fast?
A1: I am a wizard, dolt. Nuff said. Let's hurry I have a party...err...a meeting to get back to. (He glances over his shoulder at the wall)

Q2: What was the hardest part in ascending?
A2: I like Ale. Ale likes me. (He takes a pull) Sometimes, as I am making my way up the Spire, I need to take a bathroom break and there are NO stinking bathrooms in the Spire! That causes a "Look out Below" kind of experience for anyone milling around at the bottom or under any window. (I wonder if anyone ever gets angry about that) Pfft, if they did, they wouldn't dare do anything, my Toe Fungus spell is legendary! (I nod, wait, how did he know I was thinking that?) Because we are communicating through telepathy, remember? (Oh, right) He sighs again and says morosely...blue, three, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and your dog is named Charley. Why are you testing me now? We are halfway done with the interview already! (Oh, right)

A3: One thing you would change?
Q3: (He shifts nervously) Oh, I would love to build a secret tavern up here, you know, where you could drink, sing, dance, hang out with your FS...things like that. (He notices he has an Ale in his hand at this point and hides it behind his back. I realize then that no other M.E. seem to be around. Curious.)

A4: Whose the...
Q4: (A cleverly hidden door opens behind him and Rainbow sticks her head out) Hey XL, let's do some shots!" She sees me suddenly and with an "EEP!" ducks her head back in. I look at XL, he just shrugs and waves his hand in front of my face. I get so SO sleepy and my toes start to itch something fierce!
------------------------------------------------
The next episode titled: "Week 14: Childe Aeolas to the Spire of Eternity Came" will be posted this coming Wednesday. As always, thanks for reading!
Ebon
I just want it to be known that I did not cast a toe fungus spell on our dear Ebonknight01, just a sleep spell. Maybe if he changed his socks more than once a year his toes would not itch so much.

I just want it to be known that I did not cast a toe fungus spell on our dear Ebonknight01, just a sleep spell. Maybe if he changed his socks more than once a year his toes would not itch so much.
OK, that's mostly SO not true. I DO wear the same pair of socks each year, yes, BUT (and this is key) I turn them inside out at six months...so BOOM! Cleanliness is king with me, let it be known. Also, it's not like I never stand in a puddle or something, they get washed naturally sometimes...so DOUBLE BOOM! Take that, Mr. XLWizard with your flashy sleep spells! I am still annoyed at not being let into your super secret stupid bar. I am surprised you didn't go all Gandalf on me and shout "Thou Shall Not Pass!" while defending your territory... geez. By the way, you got a liquor license up there? Hmm?:mad:

Last edited:
Week 14: Childe Aeolas to the Spire of Eternity Came and conquered it with magic and "The Macarena"! Here is my RL interview with this Spire Master conducted entirely by interpretative dance. Aeolas is an elves elf, and I am a very clumsy (but brutally good looking) human. I was able to keep up with her because when I went to college, I got a very logical and reasonable degree that was SO worth the money!

My major was "The Theory of Dance Theory" which was the very important study of the theory behind those that study dance theory. You know, not what is the meaning and history behind "this" dance move (like the jitterbug) but what is the motivation and history behind the person who is studying the meaning and history behind the jitterbug! Fascinating stuff, right? Probably just about as useful as your degree! My minor was in the "Sanitation Arts". Anyways, here is my translation and wow, my legs are STILL sore! Aeolas was not even breathing hard, darn elves.

Q1: How did you ascend so quickly?
A1: "The Macarena" is a very catchy song, a little low-brow for me but I just got everyone dancing away and "waltzed" right up! Haha that's a dance joke! (I would like to tell her about the exciting and quite dangerous history behind the person who studied the origins and history of the person who wrote "The Macarena" but I somehow feel she wouldn't really care. If any of you want to know all about it though, please message me! I have several hundred pages fired up and ready to go! It's a riveting read and will change your life for sure!)

Q2: What was the most difficult part?
A2: Well, SOME of the ghosts had difficulties because they were...umm..."vertically challenged"...and with huge ugly beards! (I think she means dwarves since they are a little on the short side. Hmm, I thought elves and dwarves were BFFs?)*

Q3: What would you change?
A3: The spire needs a sound system installed in all the rooms. My servants get so tired carrying up those boom boxes...and we go through so many batteries! It's criminal really. (I think it would be easier if she didn't make her servants carry her music over their heads at all times like John Cusack in "Say Anything". As our interview has gone on, a few of them look like they are going to keel over at any minute...me too in fact).

Q4: Are you surprised that I can... (puff puff pant gasp) ...dance?
A4: Yes! When I first saw you, I thought you were a bit too...umm..."horizontally challenged"...to take part. You are doing well however, very surprisingly! Why is your face so red though? Ebon? Ebon!?

*BFFs = "Best Friends Forever" like Johnny Depp & Amber Heard, Kim Kardashian & Kayne West, etc... not to be judgmental, but if you didn't know what "BFF" stands for you need to get more hip and follow the "in" crowd more. Keep up with current events better. Just sayin.
-----------------------------------------
Sorry I was a bit late posting, but better late than never, right? Anyways, the next episode: "Week 15: Childe Eldessa to the Spire of Eternity Came" will be posted on Sunday. That's the good news. The bad news is that I am over halfway done with the interviews and within about a week this forum will be caught up to my in-guild messages, and so at that point I will only be posting once a week until I finish. I hope you have enjoyed our walk on the silly side so far, and thanks for reading as always!
Ebon

Week 15: Childe Eldessa to the Spire of Eternity Came and flat out beat it into submission...twice! Here is my RL interview with this Spire Master conducted entirely by English. Nothing special at all about it except that at the end of EVERY sentence we had to laugh evilly. Like, you know, "Muahahahaha!" it was both exhausting and creepy. Imagine the laughter at the end of "Thriller" and do that about fifty times. It really sucked for me, but Eldessa though? I think she kind of digged it.

(I walk into the room and stop warily. Eldessa is pacing the walls of the room, armored to the teeth, swinging her sword restlessly. She looks up
when I enter with a suddenly hopeful expression and raises her sword. When she sees that it just your friendly neighborhood interviewer her face drops in disappointment and she lowers her sword again. I notice she has ectoplasm splattered up to her knees.)

Q1: How did you ascend so fast?
A1: Ebon, it is vital...VITAL!...that the ghosts be killed off as quickly as possible. So, I always motor up. (She gets a dreamy look in her eyes as she imagines the ascent. I want to ask her why it's so vital, but I am a bit too nervous)

Q2; What was the hardest part?
A2: Dancing on their corpses of course. Duh. It's so hard to get a good electric boogaloo going on when you're slipping and sliding all around. Which is why I need LOTS of practice. (She grins evilly and does the spooky laugh thing like it comes natural to her. I am very uncomfortable)

A3; I'm so glad you asked! (She is all business now, and very intense) The ghosts should have at least two (or even three) "lives" each! So, you know, you have to slay them multiple times on the way up! GLORIOUS! (Queue the laughter...after every sentence...and I am now
flat out terrified. Don't front, you would be looking for new underwear too.)

Q4: (Oooo...)
A4: Say, Ebon, you look a little white. In fact, white as a ghost actually. You kind of sound like one too! (Her hopeful expression reappears).
---------------------------------------------------
Real life is kicking my butt, so a day late again with the post but it has now arrived! Next episode titled: "Week 16: Childe Jabacoda to the Spire of Eternity Came" will be up on Friday. Thanks for reading!
Ebon

Week 16: Childe Jabacoda to the Spire of Eternity Came and quietly put it to bed...it didn't even know it was conquered until long after it was! Following is my RL interview with this elusive Spire Master, conducted entirely by means of two empty tin cans attached together by string! You remember as a kid you always wanted to talk to your friends like this? Speak into the can, have your words magically travel along the length of the string, then hold the can up to your ear to hear the reply? Yeah? Well, it doesn't work. Sorry, but another of your cherished childhood dreams just bit the dust. It REALLY doesn't work, so we just ended up screaming at each other to be heard. Jabacoda was in the Spire room, me out in the hallway. In fact, I never saw him at all, he truly is that elusive. But nice.

Q1: How did you summit so quickly?
A1: I just went up as I normally do, many of the ghosts know me and my mobile veterinary services are in high demand here. ("Ghosts have dogs and cats?") Yeah, they do, and fish, and birds, etc. They get bored too you know.

Q2: What was the hardest part?
A2: Well, that Frog thing that hangs out by the pond? You know him, right? (I nod) Do you know what I'm talking about? (I nod again) Hello? (Oh right, he can't see me. "Yeah" I scream into the can) Good. Yeah, he has a pettable alligator in that pond but the other day he got all playful and bit me on the foot. I'm still hobbled, so that kind of sucked. To be fair, the alligator was very sorry...I guess it was a gift from Zoof to the Frog. (My mind is spinning in wonder or horror, I'm really not sure anymore)

A3: Honestly? (He lowers his scream to just a loud yell) I would like the Frog to give Zoof back the alligator. Don't tell Zoof though, I don't want to hurt his feelings. (I nod OK) Ebon, don't tell him. Hello? ("OK" I scream.../sigh)

Q4: Who taught you how to put emoji's on your city?
A4: LisaMV did! You like? Do you know what the MV stands for? (I shake my head no) So do you or not?
-------------------------------------------
The next episode titled: Week 17: Childe mankind17 to the Spire of Eternity Came will be posted on Weds. As always, thanks for reading!
Ebon

Week 17: Childe mankind17 to the Spire of Eternity Came and punched it in the nose...hard! Following is my RL interview with this Spire Master conducted entirely via musical instruments punctuating our words. Mankind17 had an electric guitar and was riffing hardcore along with what he was saying...umm...I had to use the only other instrument in the room: a kazoo. Important to note - we were NOT singing, been there done that, but I rocked that kazoo! No passing geese died at least...

I was excited to meet him because he seems to be well regarded by highly placed ladies in our guild. He goes by "Sugar Bear" in some quarters, but yeah not what I expected! He was huge, his muscles had muscles in fact, he wore a leather biker's jacket with an emoji bear face on the back...and somehow, he made it look intimidating. VERY intimidating.

Q1: How did you ascend so quickly?
A1: No. Why did I ascend so quickly is what you should be asking. (He waits until I rephrase, which I do with all haste) Well, I was first this week because this is your 17th interview. (He looks at me significantly, and his right eye twitches slightly when he sees that I don't have an "Ah-ha" moment...but why should I?)

A2: Making it up in exactly (he pauses dramatically) 17 minutes! I blazed up! (He launches into a scorching guitar solo. I try to add to the festivities by belting out a few notes on my kazoo. He quits suddenly and glares at me. I stop "playing")

A3: The ghosts should just get out of my way. The Sugar Bear don't mess around dude! (Again, he launches into a solo, I mean, it's SO good, strings are literally blurring! I start sneaking my kazoo up and without missing a beat he glances at me. I freeze, Kazoo almost to my lips.)

Q4: Who do...
A4: Nope. I have a question for you instead. If you get it right, you don't have to meet my left fist...it's called "Fear"...my right? It's called "The Hammer". Fear The Hammer. Do you get it? Want to avoid meeting them? (I nod nervously) What's my favorite number? (I gulp...and ask him for maybe a range of 20 to work with...as there is so many numbers, and even then, my chances are slim. I have no desire to meet The Hammer up close and personal though, its MASSIVE! I swear his fist could blot out the sun if he raised it in anger, it really is that big! Mankind17 boggles at my panicked expression and shakes his head sadly. He shoos me away with a mumbled, "yup, everything they said about him is true". As I scurry backwards and out of the room, I can't help but wonder who he is talking about...and what the heck is his favorite number anyways!?)
----------------------------------------------------------
The next episode titled "Week 18: Childe Danone2504 to the Spire of Eternity Came" will be posted in a few weeks. I am heading to Hawaii for a week later tonight, so I don't think I can find the time to play the game much and/or conduct (and then post) these interviews. :( In other words, my wife will skin me if I try to talk her into missing any beach time because "I just need 30 more minutes in Elvenar". SOME people and their misplaced priorities, right? What can I do though? She's my wife, I gotta humor her. ;)
Ebon

Zoof

+1

Also, just noticed the post is tagged as "Shenanigans". That just makes it so much better!

XLWizard

Eater of Crawfish
OK, that's mostly SO not true. I DO wear the same pair of socks each year, yes, BUT (and this is key) I turn them inside out at six months...so BOOM! Cleanliness is king with me, let it be known. Also, it's not like I never stand in a puddle or something, they get washed naturally sometimes...so DOUBLE BOOM! Take that, Mr. XLWizard with your flashy sleep spells! I am still annoyed at not being let into your super secret stupid bar. I am surprised you didn't go all Gandalf on me and shout "Thou Shall Not Pass!" while defending your territory... geez. By the way, you got a liquor license up there? Hmm?:mad:
OK, ok, I'll give you the secret password to gain access the secret Tavern atop the Spire. But you've got to change those socks !!!!!!!

Week 18: Childe Danone2504 to the Spire of Eternity Came and misdirected it to death! Following is my RL interview with this Spire Master conducted via Christmas lights hung over an alphabet hammered to the walls. If you have seen Stanger Things then you know exactly what I mean, and just how long this interview took - my "Hawaii" trip was just a cover, it actually took me this long to finish the interview! (If you didn't watch Stranger Things then no worries because then you are officially not a "sheeple"! Just because the series is totally cool and chock full of original D&D references and 80s nostalgia doesn't mean it's worth your viewing time - you are a rebel! I'm a rebel too (of course) and I didn't watch it myself (of course) but my friend did, and he really liked it a lot. So, I was never a Dungeons and Dragons geek (of course), with all the rulebooks, a gaming group, etc. (nope, never, of course). So, I didn't freak out over all the 80s nostalgia and insider D&D lore from the series. No siree Bob. My friend freaked out though, because the series reminded him of a simpler time in some ways - minus all the monsters killing everyone - but who cares what he thinks? He's a nerd. He likes fantasy games! Haha what a total loser, right?)

Danone is NOT a nerd or a loser. In fact, there is something eerily competent about him. He reminds me of Ergolas77...a lot. So much so that I hired someone for $800 bucks to access a super-secret website (which sort of works sometimes) that keeps track of all the players in Elvenar. It's like magic! When it works. Anyways, my inside guy looked Danone up because 1) he has like...5!!!!!...Moonstone Libraries in his city, 3 Genies, and 3 MAXXED out AWs...at only 100K points! How could someone with such a "small" city have that kind of arsenal already?! Sure enough, it was reported to me that he is a "boss" in the upside down*...err on the other server I mean...with a 1.1 million point city!

My best guess? He is a spy for the Fae Sidhe.

A1: It was time to make myself known. (I wait, he doesn't clarify, my suspicion grows)

A2: Waiting this long to make myself known. Children in this guild really. (He trails off and just stares at me, my spider senses are tingling)

A3: We need more competent mages, players who actually know what they are doing...say...for the Spire. (His face is smooth and devoid of
expression as the lights around the room blink on and off...and I realize he doesn't have a control box like I do! He's doing it all from the upside down*...I mean...with his mind somehow!)

Q4: How long have you worked for the enemy*? (Got You!)
A4: How would you know I am not instead from the downside up**? Perhaps you are an unwitting servant of Vecna, not me, and WE are keeping an eye on YOU. (Vecna is a lich first introduced in D&D 20+ years ago and is also a main baddie in the television series, err, at least that's what my friend said when I asked him. Problem though - what does Danone mean by "we"? How many Fae Sidhe spies and saboteurs are there!?)

*= Stranger Things trivia which you wouldn't understand unless you watched the series, so I'm not sure why I included stuff I don't even understand myself since I wouldn't be caught dead watching that nerdy series (of course)
**=completely made up but if Stranger Things starts calling the real world the "downside up" I expect Mucho Royalties! Not that I would ever know if they used my terms in the series because I don't watch it (of course), but my friend can keep an eye out for me!
-------------------------------------------------------
The next episode titled "Week 19: Childe Squat to the Spire of Eternity Came" will be posted in a week. As always, thanks for reading!
Ebon

Week 19: Childe Squat to the Spire of Eternity Came and dropped a house on it! Following is my real-life interview with this spire master, completed entirely in olde English (again) with a bunch of thee's and thou's, etc. (which I still can't master). I mention to Squat that I have already subjected this poor world to a mangling of "pray tells" and "forsooths" a few months ago but she doesn't seem surprised. I then tell her that Konka, Spire Queen, was the one that had chosen olde English earlier and it might be better not to attract her wrath, but Squat doesn't care and seems completely unconcerned. She just smiles and tells me to "suck it up buttercup" - but in a sweet way (and in Olde English of course). She even sounds like Konka when she talks. Weird.

There is a strange duality to Squat. It's almost like I know her already even though I don't actually know her - I think. Also, why is there a large curtain set up on one side of the room (hiding what I wonder?), and who painted the brick floor yellow and why? Squat is sitting easily on a high-backed chair; she looks a little bit like Judy Garland in that one movie...forget the name though. She has a big kitty on her lap (his name is Howardly she says) and a metal-ish/tin-ish looking man with an axe stands at attention to her right. She hands me a gift to wear during our interview, it is a cone shaped hat with straw interwoven in it. Its ugly...but I wear it to make her happy. As I put it on, I hear a snicker from behind the curtain...so it seems that someone is hidden back there - who it could be I have no clue. I hope they feel great and powerful though with their eavesdropping. I hear a small bark from behind the curtain and a whispered "Hush, Dodo!"

I just want to go home. There's really no place like it.

A1: I'm always first, it's what I do. (I beg to differ and point out that Konka is typically first. She just looks at me and shrugs mysteriously)

A2: There was none, Spire is easy. Now, I KNOW for a FACT that you have been told that Spire is easy several times - maybe remove this question from your interviews hmm? (I flinch, she sounded eerily like...)

A3: Two spires, no tourney. We have been through this once, yes? (I shake my head in bewilderment, the Spire Queen Konka told me this once, true, but I have never even talked to Squat! She sighs)

Q4: Who is your favorite M.E. member?
A4; Hmm, tough one there, but I'm going to go with Konka. Your shocked, I know. Your straw hat fits perfectly by the way...we could use a good scarecrow and I think you fit the requirements for the job perfectly. (She snickers, and I swear she sounds JUST like that hidden eavesdropper behind the curtain! Creepy!)
--------------------------------------------------------------
The next episode titled "Week 20: Childe LisaMV to the Spire of Eternity Came" will be posted in a week. As always, thanks for reading!
Ebon

Last edited:
Week 20: Childe LisaMV to the Spire of Eternity Came and was welcomed up with much fanfare and tons of cake (literally)! Following is my RL interview with this Spire Master conducted entirely by Bullhorn because of the HUGE party at the top. All of the Spire ghosts as well as the three level bosses are there. The Frog is hanging out with Zoof's pet alligator and neither one is trying to kill each other even! What gives? As a side note, my ears are still ringing from the bullhorns, and it was a little unnerving that everyone in the room heard our conversation - in its entirety. The ghosts all approved of everything that Lisa said (of course), but often just booed at me.

Lisa sits on a throne, her elven magic makes her look in her early 30s, but I have it on good authority she was actually born in 1808. I notice a stair master behind her - like she doesn't get enough stairs in by climbing the Spire every week? (I was later informed that she is actually CARRIED up the Spire stairs by hosts of ghosts weekly! Figures. I was also told that there is a lottery system to see which lucky ghosts get the honor of carrying her up. Figures again. She is also the Founder & President of P.E.T.G.*)

Lisa puts down a plate of fruit and (lots) of chocolate to yell at me through the bullhorn as our interview begins. I notice that she seems to really enjoy yelling at me.

Q1: How did you make it up here so fast?
A1: (She just gestures around at all her subjects and screams) Really?

A2: (She just gestures around her again with a wink, as a plate of cake is deposited in front of her by that one ghost who always says, "Don't touch this chest, it is mine to guard!" (Guarding it for Lisa it seems! I notice that she has her feet casually propped up on it as a FOOTREST!)

A3: Nothing! All these ghosts are my best friends and I look forward to seeing them every week. Wait! No! We should actually have Spire THREE times a week so I could grace all of my subjects with my presence THREE times as much! (The assembled ghosts applaud wildly, and even though I don't respond several boo at me anyways. Wow.)

Q4: Who is your favorite ghost?
A4: (The room suddenly gets quiet as every ghost waits - breathlessly ;) - for her answer. I am hoping to trip her up a little, maybe cause a little friction, but she is WAY too smart for me. She smiles widely at my clumsy attempt.) ALL of them are my favorites of course! (Bedlam resumes as the party REALLY kicks off) I eat a bite of cake and smile...got to hand it to her, she knows how to throw a party!

* = People for the Ethical Treatment of Ghosts (where have you been? I need to explain this again?)
The next episode is "special" and titled: "Supplemental Interview: Dumbo Boy Ebonknight01 to the Spire of Eternity Came (when he shouldn't have)" which will be posted in a week. Basically, my FS agreed we would hold off on doing Spire until the Adventure popped. I knew this. I agreed to it. Spire popped and I was up and bragging about it 20 minutes later. There was complete silence in chat, until LisaMV kindly reminded me that I did the exact opposite of what I was supposed to. She "suggested" I interview myself again as penance because she knows how much I hate...myself. Anyways, the interview was disastrous of course, worse that the first time even, I really can't stand that smug stupid fat stupid face in the mirror. How does my wife survive? You can check it out next week. :eek:
As always, thanks for reading!
Ebon

XLWizard

Eater of Crawfish
Week 20: Childe LisaMV to the Spire of Eternity Came and was welcomed up with much fanfare and tons of cake (literally)! Following is my RL interview with this Spire Master conducted entirely by Bullhorn because of the HUGE party at the top. All of the Spire ghosts as well as the three level bosses are there. The Frog is hanging out with Zoof's pet alligator and neither one is trying to kill each other even! What gives? As a side note, my ears are still ringing from the bullhorns, and it was a little unnerving that everyone in the room heard our conversation - in its entirety. The ghosts all approved of everything that Lisa said (of course), but often just booed at me.

Lisa sits on a throne, her elven magic makes her look in her early 30s, but I have it on good authority she was actually born in 1808. I notice a stair master behind her - like she doesn't get enough stairs in by climbing the Spire every week? (I was later informed that she is actually CARRIED up the Spire stairs by hosts of ghosts weekly! Figures. I was also told that there is a lottery system to see which lucky ghosts get the honor of carrying her up. Figures again. She is also the Founder & President of P.E.T.G.*)

Lisa puts down a plate of fruit and (lots) of chocolate to yell at me through the bullhorn as our interview begins. I notice that she seems to really enjoy yelling at me.

Q1: How did you make it up here so fast?
A1: (She just gestures around at all her subjects and screams) Really?

A2: (She just gestures around her again with a wink, as a plate of cake is deposited in front of her by that one ghost who always says, "Don't touch this chest, it is mine to guard!" (Guarding it for Lisa it seems! I notice that she has her feet casually propped up on it as a FOOTREST!)

A3: Nothing! All these ghosts are my best friends and I look forward to seeing them every week. Wait! No! We should actually have Spire THREE times a week so I could grace all of my subjects with my presence THREE times as much! (The assembled ghosts applaud wildly, and even though I don't respond several boo at me anyways. Wow.)

Q4: Who is your favorite ghost?
A4: (The room suddenly gets quiet as every ghost waits - breathlessly ;) - for her answer. I am hoping to trip her up a little, maybe cause a little friction, but she is WAY too smart for me. She smiles widely at my clumsy attempt.) ALL of them are my favorites of course! (Bedlam resumes as the party REALLY kicks off) I eat a bite of cake and smile...got to hand it to her, she knows how to throw a party!

* = People for the Ethical Treatment of Ghosts (where have you been? I need to explain this again?)
The next episode is "special" and titled: "Supplemental Interview: Dumbo Boy Ebonknight01 to the Spire of Eternity Came (when he shouldn't have)" which will be posted in a week. Basically, my FS agreed we would hold off on doing Spire until the Adventure popped. I knew this. I agreed to it. Spire popped and I was up and bragging about it 20 minutes later. There was complete silence in chat, until LisaMV kindly reminded me that I did the exact opposite of what I was supposed to. She "suggested" I interview myself again as penance because she knows how much I hate...myself. Anyways, the interview was disastrous of course, worse that the first time even, I really can't stand that smug stupid fat stupid face in the mirror. How does my wife survive? You can check it out next week. :eek:
As always, thanks for reading!
Ebon
All hail the Queen of Chocolate and cake. LisaMV will you marry me (oops, no wait....never mind).

Supplemental Interview: Dumbo Boy Ebonknight01 to the Spire of Eternity Came (when he shouldn't have) and conquered it when he wasn't supposed to! Kind of "par for the course" for this slacker. This is the second time I have had the displeasure of having to interview myself, but I won't let myself get away with any funny business this time! A short interview is in order though, regardless of the risks, to serve as a cautionary tale to anyone who might follow me into these kinds of errors! I am taking one for humanity itself by suffering through this interview...but I am dreading it.

The same large mirror set up in the Spire room, the same loathing that I feel for the dude in the reflection, it all comes back to me in a sickening rush. I lost the "pose off" battle with...myself...last time we met, and I see that (just like me) he has been working out since then just in case we ever met again. "Dude" he interrupts rudely (God, I hate him!) "I've been building guns and buns for like 2 months now!" He flexes his puny chicken arms, and I want to laugh at the fraud. No way he could take me in a pose off now - I am so confident! For some reason, the idiot in the mirror looks confident too...he's SO stupid! Right?

Q1: Why did you make it up so fast? Weren't you a little surprised that it was so easy?
A1: Yeah, well I forgot, it's not like you never made a mistake, right? My mind is typically like a Steel Trap in that nothing escapes it! This time, well, you know... (I do know actually, but I won't give myself the satisfaction of agreeing with myself)

Q2; Short interview today, and not an official one, but why are you so lame? I'm really curious, along with everyone who knows you. (Ha! Take that loser, hope that leaves a mark!)
A2: (My reflection gets all huffy, like anyone would care if he gets offended or not) Look dude, I crushed you in the pose off battle last time, you looking for another beat down or what? (I sneer at myself) Bring it chubbs!!

Editor's note: Somehow, I lost again. I think I cheat!!
--------------------------------------------------
Next week we return to the standard interviews with non-moronic folks, sorry you all had to suffer through that. The backstory to this is that I climbed the Spire immediately during the last FA totally forgetting that we had all agreed to hold off doing so to maximize our badges. Yeah. No. Oops. :eek:
The next episode is called "Week 21: Childe Silver Claws to the Spire of Eternity Came" and will be posted in about a week. As always, thanks for reading!
Ebon

Week 21: Childe Silver Claws to the Spire of Eternity Came and snuck into it "Mission Impossible" style! Following is my RL interview with this Spire Master conducted entirely behind Halloween latex masks with voice modulators held to our throats. Why? I have no clue. His (or her?) mask was...you guessed it...a cool looking Werewolf. Mine...you guessed it...the "Scarecrow" from Wizard of Oz. Yes, the one with no brain. /sigh

Anyways, the interview was really uncomfortable because I couldn't hardly see (or breathe) out of the mask and the modulator made me sound. like. this. with. no. emotion. or. inflection. /double sigh

Silver Claws seems completely at ease though, totally comfortable with deception, eh? Hmmmm, I wonder why that would be? I paid my techie to look Silver up on that super-secret site I have mentioned before (Elvenstats.com). I was charged another $400 bucks for it...but the report was very interesting indeed. "Silver Claws" has only one city. Ours. BUT I have seen Silver conversing with other members in guild chat and spouting knowledge that no new player could have!

My conclusion? Yes...you guessed it again (3 for 3 nice job!) Silver is ANOTHER spy of the Fae Sidhe! Perhaps Silver is SO sneaky that not even the Fae Sidhe know that Silver is a Fae Sidhe! Layers within layers...plans within plans. But I know, I figured it out! NOTHING escapes my notice: eyes like a hawk and a mind like a steel trap...that's me! Ask anyone in my FS they will tell you. (Don't ask my wife though, she will say I'm a clueless idiot. I tell her that makes her "Mrs. Clueless Idiot" then. HAH!)

Q1: How did you manage to ascend so quickly?
A1: Oh, that? (Silver coughs nervously) Umm. Beginners luck of course.

A2: Uh, that one ghost. You know THAT guy! Yeah, I hate him. Getting up was just SO tough honestly, I was really lucky! (Silver trails off and I almost think I hear a quiet snicker behind the mask)

Q3: What would you change? And don't say something about wishing for a better, smarter, Spire Mage either!
A3: Then I pass. (We just stare at each other for a moment and move on, what can I say to that?)

Q4: Which guild is your favorite? MAXIMUM EFFORT or the FAE SIDHE you DOUBLE SPY you!
A4: I have no idea what you're talking about. I am just an innocent new player with a 75K city, who luckily topped the Spire on their first try ever while also easily beating everyone else in the FS on that first try. Now, is that so hard to believe? Seems reasonable to me. (I squint my eyes suspiciously behind my mask, Silver doesn't seem to notice, or care).
------------------------------------------------
The next episode is very special and titled "Week 22: Childe MadJaws to the Spire of Eternity Came" and it will be posted in a week. As always, thanks for reading!
Ebon

Last edited: