• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity "Bug" fix

Handgrenade

Spire of Eternity - Fellowship rewards granted at the end of the Spire of Eternity again take the correct individual player participation into account, meaning that it is no longer possible to benefit from the progress of other players when critical milestones were not yet reached.

Can anyone explain this to me? It reads like they just ruined the Spire, If we fill the purple bar up to the top, then our members that did not make it to the top do not receive the rewards? if this is the case it is going to kill my fellowships efforts to reach gold and this week was going to be the first week we made it. we have folks struggling to reach our fellowship goal and now they may not even get the rewards. I thought the purple bar was what the fellowship earned.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Spire of Eternity - Fellowship rewards granted at the end of the Spire of Eternity again take the correct individual player participation into account, meaning that it is no longer possible to benefit from the progress of other players when critical milestones were not yet reached.

Can anyone explain this to me? It reads like they just ruined the Spire, If we fill the purple bar up to the top, then our members that did not make it to the top do not receive the rewards? if this is the case it is going to kill my fellowships efforts to reach gold and this week was going to be the first week we made it. we have folks struggling to reach our fellowship goal and now they may not even get the rewards. I thought the purple bar was what the fellowship earned.

You never did. You only ever get the group rewards when your progress and the purple bar match. For example, if the fellowship gets enough points to fill the purple bar to the top of the second floor, but you only complete the first floor, you only get the group rewards for the first floor waypoints. And the opposite. If you go all the way to the end of the second floor, but your fellowship only fills the purple bar to the end of the first floor, you only get the first floor prizes and not any beyond that.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Sorry @Handgrenade but no participation trophies for Spire. Players get the rewards they worked for, period. Anyone who benefited from the recent bug should be thankful they were lucky and if they want to continue getting those rewards, start doing the work.
This was what was intended from the beginning and makes me a very happy camper. I was afraid they'd make it like tourneys: then you'd have FS's with required Spire minimums just like with tourney minimums. It would be harder than it is already for new players to join an FS with advanced members who can help them learn and grow since many of those 'top of the Spire' FS would also be 10chest/week FS. In a 10chest/wk FS you can take in a new Ch2-3 player (with the right attitude) and help them grow into a 1200 point minimum within a couple weeks tops. No way they'd be able to contribute enough points in the Spire at that level; the Ch2 player wouldn't even be able to see the Spire.

Handgrenade

Sorry @Handgrenade but no participation trophies for Spire. Players get the rewards they worked for, period. Anyone who benefited from the recent bug should be thankful they were lucky and if they want to continue getting those rewards, start doing the work.
This was what was intended from the beginning and makes me a very happy camper. I was afraid they'd make it like tourneys: then you'd have FS's with required Spire minimums just like with tourney minimums. It would be harder than it is already for new players to join an FS with advanced members who can help them learn and grow since many of those 'top of the Spire' FS would also be 10chest/week FS. In a 10chest/wk FS you can take in a new Ch2-3 player (with the right attitude) and help them grow into a 1200 point minimum within a couple weeks tops. No way they'd be able to contribute enough points in the Spire at that level; the Ch2 player wouldn't even be able to see the Spire.

There are Fellowships that already require Spire participation and level requirements. Why would a FS take on a member if they can not fill the purple bar a certain amount? If someone contributes to the progress they should get the rewards the purple bar touches. Its not like they are even that significant from top to bottom. The best they offer is 300 diamonds a week that often will not even pay for the cost of reaching the top for many players. The combining catalyst and speedups are nice but the Spire rewards in general are lack luster and are zero comparison to the tournament rewards. 135AWKP blue prints, royal restorations... they are head,shoulders,knees and toes above Spire maximum rewards. Just saying. They arent quite amazing and by themselves provide no significant advantage. Many players dont care at all to do Spire unless they want materials for the magic academy which after one spire run will cover for... i dont even know havent ran out yet and have only done it a few times. I might run out but not anytime soon and my academy is working all day long. Bottom line is "fixing" them could have taken a lower priority over other things.

Deleted User - 3932582

but the Spire rewards in general are lack luster and are zero comparison to the tournament rewards. 135AWKP blue prints, royal restorations... they are head,shoulders,knees and toes above Spire maximum rewards. Just saying. They arent quite amazing and by themselves provide no significant advantage.
We must be playing different Spires I suppose. With the exception of 5 RR and 1 BP (which is not a lot), tournaments do not give you anything unique. Everything that you gain there you can get via other means (KPs, enchantments, runes, relics etc); tournaments just provide a lot more of that in exchange for significant clicking effort.

Spire, on the other hand, is not time/clicking intensive, and it provides a lot of things that are not available in any other way (outside of paying cash). Teleports, diamonds, unique buildings, magic residences and workshops, military boosters. Even some of the more common things are produced in amounts that make a fundamental difference (e.g. you can't get many time boosters doing crafting etc).

Aren't quite amazing? Provide no significant advantage? I think not.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
We must be playing different Spires I suppose. With the exception of 5 RR and 1 BP (which is not a lot), tournaments do not give you anything unique.
Agreed. The timer instants and catalysts are worth way more than KP. though the risk/reward (troop cost) feels steep. Then agian, KP are clearly owrth more to a lot of people than they ever were to me, as indicated by Inno's insistence they are worth 45 diamonds each. If they'd give me half that many diamonds for my KP, I'd sell them pretty much every one I ever earn.

Handgrenade

We must be playing different Spires I suppose. With the exception of 5 RR and 1 BP (which is not a lot), tournaments do not give you anything unique. Everything that you gain there you can get via other means (KPs, enchantments, runes, relics etc); tournaments just provide a lot more of that in exchange for significant clicking effort.

Spire, on the other hand, is not time/clicking intensive, and it provides a lot of things that are not available in any other way (outside of paying cash). Teleports, diamonds, unique buildings, magic residences and workshops, military boosters. Even some of the more common things are produced in amounts that make a fundamental difference (e.g. you can't get many time boosters doing crafting etc).

Aren't quite amazing? Provide no significant advantage? I think not.
The catalyst and time boosts are good, i agree. But the magic buildings come from the first and second boss. But to say the spire rewards are better than the tournament is a streatch. I think tournaments giving you 20 relics, and the runeshards plus all the KP have been overlooked by you since you. You have been so used to just getting 10 chests every week that you forget the only other way to get them is by completing world provinces. Rune shards are not common enough to not play in the tournament and be able to upgrade any AW past lv5. Heck you cant even use the magic academy and upgrade an AW even once without doing the tournament. You would never get to the 700% boost without tournament. So compared to the tournament, spire rewards are garbage. And trading KP for diamonds would be nice but what do yall use Diamonds for?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
But to say the spire rewards are better than the tournament is a streatch.

Yeah definitely not the same spire as me. Spire allows a free to play player to have a diamond town, tournament doesn't allow that but it can support it. If you mix spire with tournament then you power your town so much, spire can help you do even more in tournaments if you desire.

Heck you cant even use the magic academy and upgrade an AW even once without doing the tournament.

Was a bit confused by this statement. There are 2 key areas to the MA and tournament only helps with 1 of them, spire helps with the other. Good luck on crafting without spire, good luck on spells without lots of relics. That said if I had to pick one it would be crafting.

Spire and tournaments aren't either or, just do both and grow your town to achieve the levels you like. Skipping on one or the other will simply mean depriving your town of those benefits. Won't stop you growing, but towns who do them will be growing faster.

Last edited:

Meggi

Spire and tournament are just simply a must to progress in this game.There is no competition between both of them.It is very simple, you finish the spire, get the rewards, build up your army, get the chests.At this point at time, I don't think anyone should have to be convinced that the spire is a welcome addition to the play to advance your city further. As for multiplayer rewards, it is just a matter of time until everyone gets on a same page and start getting the golden medals , same as a tourney. I don't see why people complain about spell fragments , I run my MA constantly and most certainly don't have that many left. But that's just me.I wish I can come here more often and see people praising the game and not constantly complaining.Every single time I see all the bashing I shudder of the thought of reading through all the "bitching and moaning".Thank God for the elvenars gems of knowledge, at least I don't have to read through all the complaints to get one piece of the information that I need.
Folks, try and be more productive in making your suggestions to improve the game, criticizing everything is just not going to bring you much further.
My two cents, for all is worth it.
Meggi

shimmerfly

at least I don't have to read through all the complaints to get one piece of the information that I need.
Folks, try and be more productive in making your suggestions to improve the game, criticizing everything is just not going to bring you much further.
My two cents, for all is worth it.
Meggi
Hello @Meggi If you just ask a question in the Questions and Help section you can get your questions answered usually within the hour or less. It will save you from reading others opinions, if you'd rather not hear them.
Discussions are needed when improving the game and helpful if we want the game to progress don't you think?