• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

The Unbeliever

@qaccy I would keep only a million goods in inventory, but I make more to support my FS for those who cater. Thinking back, in the earlier chapters before Woodelves, I would have been unable to cater the Spire plus do the tourney plus grow my city. I would have been able to manual fight thru the Spire though.

I negotiate in the Spire 100% due to my love of logic puzzles. I learned how to manual fight from my great (and patient) friend @Yogi Dave just for the Spire, but then the Spire negotiating got balanced and I really enjoy it.
Bolded for emphasis...
*THAT'S* the big problem with the spire at release - it's still massively unbalanced for pretty much everyone who isn't in the back 5-10% or so of the game!

The vast majority of players need their resources for typically;
a) researching the tech tree
b) growing their city via building upgrades
c) gaining provinces on the world map
d) tournament participation (especially anyone who is still trying to max their relic boost %'s;))

Spire would be fine if it was balanced more along the lines of FoE's guild expeditions... (ie: if Lv.1 was at least 'easy' with low costs for the trade off being generally earning only instants + a few spell fragments/CC's)
Unfortunately, the system is really, really stacked against the majority of the player base, since most of us don't have high level AW's, AND, excessive goods production, AND, no world map progress/tech research, etc, etc... to worry about.

We also don't have FoE's excessive military boosts (which are not chapter locked btw!), which allows even beginning cities to grow strong enough to fight through even Lv.4 of the GE...

If a feature is only balanced for 5-10% of your entire player base, well, "you done gakked up son."

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Does the Spire require sentient goods? Because if not, I don't see a reason to keep those manufactories post chapter 14 - well, unless you want to sponsor your FS with sentients. I'd just raze those and rebuild them if needed for chapter 15 when and if it comes.

It does require sentient at higher levels from what I read (on beta) and orcs, mana, etc. I would be surprised if a new chapter didn't require sentient goods, they are now a regular part of the game.

Deleted User - 3932582

I would be surprised if a new chapter didn't require sentient goods, they are now a regular part of the game.
Well, I believe they said that the next chapter might not be a guest race, so that's a pretty big change. Who knows what else might change. Right now if I am not mistaken there is no use for mana, seeds and sentient goods at all if you're done with the tech tree.

Also, chapter requirements are shifting towards new stuff. We needed coins and supplies in the earlier chapters research, then regular goods, then mana, then seeds, but in the last chapters none are required directly. We still need some as they're input into the sentient / guest race goods, plus some are needed for upgrades. But from what I've seen so far these requirements are fairly trivial comparing to other uses of supplies and goods (i.e. tournaments). I haven't seen such sink for sentient goods - perhaps Spire would be one. Or they may think that there is no need as sentients decay naturally, and you can't have unlimited stockpiles the way you can with regular goods.

Tauriel Dragonwood

You see, the game devs do listen to us when we make suggestions to improve Elvenar. At one time, I would not step foot near the Spire of Eternity because I could only fight and the battles were extremely difficult. But the game devs must have had a talk with the spirits because now when you’re ready to venture forth up the Spire of Eternity, you have the option to negotiate your way past the spirits. If you make them happy, they will unlock a chest containing treasure. If we make it to the top level, do we become a Spire Raider, instead of a Tomb Raider? Don’t like tombs.

It'll be interesting to see how this new feature in the live worlds plays out starting August 26.

The Unbeliever

@The Unbeliever "...costs so many resources your entire city will grind to halt,..." Hmm, sounds a lot like some of these events.
At least the constant events can yield some great rewards like the red/blue chocobos & WW's, etc...

Spire on the other hand is pretty much a waste of time and resources...
...unless of course you really need 'oodles and 'oodles of coin/supply instants I guess?!

DeletedUser

Does it expire?
If so, it's complete garbage... if not, then at least it's not quite so insulting to our intelligence.;)

Exploring the Spire of Eternity you find an old and curious lamp. When you rub the lamp, the Genie appears! He takes up residence in your City, builds his own place and offers you a wish every 12 hours. You have a chance to win Diamonds, Instants and Knowledge Points.

How insulted is your intelligence?

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expiring_Buildings

I don't find something that offers me the chance to win diamonds every 12 hours for 100 days very insulting, but that's just me.

Deleted User - 1178646

DeletedUser

the problem is 2fold,
  • A it's insanely hard to aquire that building
  • B it's not much more than a facy wishing well, that gives seeds instead of regular goods.

Right, but it's no more insulting than a wishing well is, in my opinion.

If it's a problem for some people, they can just disenchant it. I certainly wouldn't if I managed to get one. Since it's a random reward, it doesn't sound like much of a problem to me. :p

Deleted User - 1178646

Right, but it's no more insulting than a wishing well is, in my opinion.

If it's a problem for some people, they can just disenchant it. I certainly wouldn't if I managed to get one. Since it's a random reward, it doesn't sound like much of a problem to me. :p

It's nice if you get it, but playing spire to quire that building is something different, it's by far not good enough to play spire for.

HJK84

Imo. All that's required to put some of the players minds at ease;

Add a Ranking system, same as FS, Tournaments, etc. And people like myself will compete, simply for the glory of being ranked high :cool:
This will stop the complainers from competing a lot, and the ones who like challenges will be redeemed in more ways than one.

DeletedUser

It's nice if you get it, but playing spire to quire that building is something different, it's by far not good enough to play spire for.

Oh, I agree completely. I've seen it in a city and it's quite attractive, so if a player is interested in aesthetics, they have a reason to keep it after it expires. But jumping through those hoops just for that...not so much.

This will stop the complainers from competing a lot

Ah, you're an optimist I see. :p

Deleted User - 1178646

Imo. All that's required to put some of the players minds at ease;

Add a Ranking system, same as FS, Tournaments, etc. And people like myself will compete, simply for the glory of being ranked high :cool:
This will stop the complainers from competing a lot, and the ones who like challenges will be redeemed in more ways than one.

That would be the lamest way to make that thing work, not playing because we like it but because we don't want to loose the ranking points.

nty
At least tournament does offer a lot more than ranking points, I would surely do not push myself as far as I do without ranking points, but I would surely play it a lot as wel for the goodies (but skip round 6)

so thanks but no thats, ranking points can be added once the spire had proven itself to be usefull first without it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The fact that it's one of the best prizes makes the event insulting.

Event? I don't see The Spire as an event anymore than I see the Tournaments as events. I guess I don't see it as "insulting" because it's just a thing in a game, and I don't care. It's literally a random thing. If people are feeling insulted by something in an online game, there are other things they can be spending their time on.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Spire on the other hand is pretty much a waste of time and resources...
...unless of course you really need 'oodles and 'oodles of coin/supply instants I guess?!

It does provide an alternate source for CC and spell fragments for events. Both of those also help with the vision vapour quests. From beta doing map 1 wasn't too bad but it was a different matter after that. That was on a chapter 7 town, yet to see what its like with a end tech town and decent wonders.