• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

DeletedUser5676

What kind of response were you hoping for?
None, actually. It's annoyed feedback at losing an active player. Not every post on a forum requires a response. I realize that a bunch of people know everything they need to know, and feel like they have a duty to soothe other people's ruffled feathers by telling them everything will be all right, But some times they should consider resisting the urge

DeletedUser12171

i don't think there's anything in this thread has not already been mentioned in the much-longer, much-participated-in feedback thread here. If you were looking for solutions (even stop-gap ones), that's where you're going to find it. But I guess you're really looking for commiserates.

All I can say is I'm sorry for your loss, but at the same time, this is hardly the first time ever that anyone said that <insert complaint of choice> is driving people from the game, and it will not be the last time by a large margin, but no, it really isn't going to shut the game down, not this one at least.

DeletedUser20951

And this might be one of the finest, concise examples of the unwelcoming, unempathetic nature of a good deal of forums, where people want to make it clear that they, with advanced knowledge and superior mental control, don't have the same problem as somebody else. You know, how for something to be an issue, we all must experience it or it doesn't exist. : D

But, sarcasm aside, the things driving players away appears to be adding up, no matter the urge to point at a single culprit and declare it supreme.

DeletedUser12171

let's be real about this - when the CL/BS nerf hit, people said that would kill the game. It didn't. When FA rolled around, people said the system was so bad it would drive people away from the game. It didn't. When RRs were introduced, people said it alienated the small player and would kill the game. It didn't. Now the Spire. See a pattern here? The truth is, people rarely leave games just because of one feature. I haven't been here from the beginning, but I've been around long enough to see several people quit, even those in 10-chest FSs where everything is cut out for them. They simply lost interest and moved on. We all know this is a game and won't last forever, so let's not look at it with rose-tinted glasses. We're all only going to be here for as long as we are interested, and for some, that will come earlier than others - in other words, if you're interested, you'll make it work. If you're not, anything can be a reason to quit.

Now, there is of course the other factor - people who fall off the learning curve and conclude that the game is too difficult for them. Here's a piece of news - everything you need to know to play a decent game is available - the forums, the wiki, fan sites like EPL and GoK - is that not enough? Some people may be living in the internet equivalent of a cave and not find such resources - those people have it tough, they can only rely on good friends in game to help them. Others, however, managed to find their way all the way to these forums yet not go just one step further to look at some of the guides and advice. Well, sorry, not sorry is all I can say. You don't have to be an Elvenar superstar but come on, it's not THAT hard to do decently well, even without diamonds. Many players here are living proof. it's not even just the Spire - people have the same complaint about every single thing. And again the whole idea of "if I can't complete it, it sucks". Every time an event hits, you're sure to find some people saying the smaller players can't finish and will quit because of that. First event I played I was chapter 3 and only got the very first GP out of 3. I guess I should have quit then eh, instead of continuing to play and eventually hitting the top 50 of my server?

Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the reason the Spire is not available to anyone earlier than Chapter 3 is because Devs thought Chapter 3 would be when a player might have a decent chance at completing it? Oh no, I didn't think so. Because apart from "endgame players", everyone else is a small player who will be done in by it. Okay mate, whatever you say. Maybe the Chapter limit should be changed to 14 or something I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Socrates28

None, actually. It's annoyed feedback at losing an active player. Not every post on a forum requires a response. I realize that a bunch of people know everything they need to know, and feel like they have a duty to soothe other people's ruffled feathers by telling them everything will be all right, But some times they should consider resisting the urge

In reading your previous post perhaps you should take your own advice and not start a new thread, the expressed purpose of which is to get feedback on an "issue" and then complain that people actually read your post and respond to it.
Even better. that's hardly condescending at all.
I was not being condescending at all. You asked for feedback and I gave you feedback. I pointed out to you, as @RandomNo. did that the Spire was not the problem but the player was.

DeletedUser2870

Sorry
Didn't realize you were a mod

ROFL. I'm not. Not here anyway.
I just prefer to have the discussion about the topic, not about the form.

And no need to apologise, my feelings aren't easily hurt. My temper will flare sometimes though, which I guess annoys people at times.
But for me, even though I try, english is not my native language and never will be, so I'll never be as proficient there as in my own. Actually, it's my third, so there will be stuff I misunderstand.

DeletedUser5676

I was not being condescending at all. You asked for feedback and I gave you feedback.
I didn't ask for anyone's feedback.

At least I remembered why I avoided the forums in the past. I hope you all have a wonderful Circle patting yourselves on the back for being so patient and understanding as you slap away. Maybe one day you'll figure out who can shoot the farthest.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you post something on a public forum, getting replies (or feedback) is implicit.
To be fair, getting replies and asking for feedback are not the same thing. While @edsparrowpfo should reasonably have expected replies, and the "how's that for feedback" is reasonably interpreted as inviting responses of some kind, he didn't really ask for feedback, which @Socrates28 said he did.

And I suspect I'd interpret "could not mentally recover from it" as a bit condescending myself. As far as we know, the player in question recovered from it quite handily by leaving the game in disgust. While that's not an ideal response from most people's view, we shouldn't judge it as a failure for the person in question.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20951

when the CL/BS nerf hit, people said that would kill the game. It didn't. When FA rolled around, people said the system was so bad it would drive people away from the game. It didn't. When RRs were introduced, people said it alienated the small player and would kill the game. It didn't. Now the Spire. See a pattern here?
Yes, I do, but I'm guessing you haven't heard of the effect of straw on a camel's back? The argument that because the devs have made many detrimental modifications to the game (which did drive off many players) means discontent is not warranted with new hindrances is illogical.

No matter, the harassment of the OP is unacceptable... even though they did the the same to me a while back. XD

shimmerfly

Oh geez that's right what was I thinking!
200w.webp

SunsetDanar

Just encountered the first unwinnable chest. Oh, it's winnable with the proper help in place but I'm not a regular fighter so I don't have the necessary requirements. Yeah, I know...It's up to me to either have them or get them so it's on me...

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
A voice of reason.

I know.
He's disgusting that way sometimes

Just encountered the first unwinnable chest. Oh, it's winnable with the proper help in place but I'm not a regular fighter so I don't have the necessary requirements. Yeah, I know...It's up to me to either have them or get them so it's on me...

I haven't hit a no win
But I will tell you as someone in Constructs, who has pretty much exclusively fought in provinces and tournies for several chapters
I have had chests that took three tries
So don't beat yourself up too much
Oh, and I never fight without my Phoenix

Now the original reason I came here

Started this week's Spire, and it may be just me but the first level seemed much easier
Now second level difficulty jumped way up
And I am I think, two gates from the top of level two and haven't seen a bonus chest yet

GlamDoll

But, sarcasm aside, the things driving players away appears to be adding up, no matter the urge to point at a single culprit and declare it supreme.

Yes. I can certainly relate to that, however, at least for myself..it's so much more. If I felt the urge to explain it AGAIN, in my life, perhaps I would not only just entertain the notion, but even follow through with it. Suffice to say, I will give 1, just ONE example. I played LOTRO (Lord of The Rings Online) for around 7-8 YEARS! Yeah, so what. Who cares.

Apparently, the one's that made ALL the changes in the game did NOT care, and/or as much as I would have liked. TWO things happened as a result/consequence...depending on one's point-of-view. The first, I never became a "whale", but I did spend more money than I care to disclose to the "world" online. The second, I left the game.

Why? It was NOT only a "bunch" of reasons ONLY....It was because what "drew" me to the game was NO LONGER there. After all the "changes", "nerfing", "gutting" the Runekeeper class (my main)....it was done. I did not simply quit. I basically found myself in the position of, why I first loved this game, now, no longer applies.

I can only speak for myself, but there is not a lot of joy there...when you spend THAT many years to level and upgrade your character/class...to not only have them weaker, but ALSO, not even have the same CORE!!! mechanics, when you first started playing the class.

Yes, I know, before anyone gets high and mighty and/or on their "soap-box" with me....I am fully aware that we do not have a "character" here. Not to worry. We DO have a CITY. AND, when I am contemplating whether I should allow many of my resources & troops to be obliterated, well, it's an issue, with me.

As for my point? : YES, The Spire is being "coined" as optional. Wonderful! New game content for anyone at least in Chapter 3 can partake. Or is it Take part? Anyway, I digress.

What good is new content, if one can't REASONABLY look forward to it? (Well, you don't have to do it) (Well, I don't have to play this game OR spend my money here either)...I wonder why Soggy left, exactly? I already know the answer..but comments, complaints, etc. will abound more than likely.

Now the original reason I came here

Started this week's Spire, and it may be just me but the first level seemed much easier
Now second level difficulty jumped way up

My take, as well.