• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

kctanzen

The code already exists to block additional structures from crafting recipes (chess set, evolving buildings) .. .seems logical the same coding method ought to work for the training buildings but instead of the crafting menu, it is the main build menu. After it is built once, the option is grayed out. Moving them back and forth from map to summons tab would be no different than a house / factory / workshop.

The main hall is unique as it is the 'storage' for all the gold / supplies / relics / goods / extra population, so it can't be sold or moved off the map. The magic academy and barracks also fall into a special circumstances category, as those can't even be sold off. The questionable aspect comes from "Is it an exploit to store a building, bring it out at necessary when the brown bear is fed to create masses of troops and then put it away to free up space and population?"

Seems to me that doesn't actually hurt anything -- training masses of troops costs timer / supply instants or diamonds -- which opens up additional revenue possibilities for the bean counters.

Alistaire

Orc house with 850 pop will disenchant for 360 SF. Orc house with pop 900 will also D/E for the same 360 SF

The main utility I see for this spell is making quick room to rearrange your city without having to permanently sell buildings.
Disenchanting buildings has always been a function of their size and completely ignored their level. My lv 27 marble factory (5x4) would give me 600, half what event buildings give per square. Considering a teleport enchantment itself would give 300 there's definitely not much room to take real advantage of that. Make a lv 1 tier 3 factory and disenchant it for 360? A garden of harmony for 900? Maybe if you have absolutely no other plans for those spells...

As for the main utility I'm convinced it's going to be extra levelled t1/workshops for events like this autumn one, and perhaps sentient goods factories.

DeletedUser19458

My main use for the teleport will be once this event is done to stash away the 3 T1's and 3 WS I frantically built up to level ... until the next event.

I'm guessing it is no good on wonders then? Have at least 1 that I don't really want but seems a waste to delete it (only at level 3 but still ...).

Not sure where else, at the moment, I'll have use for them. Maybe as suggested the periodic redesign of the city but that hasn't been huge problem ever, really.

The Unbeliever

I really wish they would just port over FoE's 'Reconstruction Mode'...

It would at least allow for more efficient restructuring of cities, but without allowing auto-storage of buildings.
(ie: if you exit the mode with any building/s still in the sidebar, you lose them just as if you'd deleted them, but without the benefit of any potential coin/supply returns.)

Still doesn't remove any of the time consuming & puzzle solving nature of redesigning a city, it just makes it cleaner and doesn't force your hand into immediately deleting anything just to get space open for moving gak about.

One thing that is missing from the Spire is ranking points. Whenever we solve encounters on the world map or in tournaments we are rewarded with ranking points, so the Spire should not be any different. This should be especially true considering how many resources and troops you can go through by completing the spire. My idea for points would be this:

Level 1: 10 per encounter, 20 per mini boss, 50 for final boss
Level 2: 15 per encounter, 30 per mini boss, 75 for final boss
Level 3: 20 per encounter, 40 per mini boss, 100 for final boss

I believe this works out to be about 1030 ranking points for completing the spire, which is basically on par with winning a tournament. It might sound like a lot of points, but between the resources, the insane amount of troops and the waiting times between areas, it takes a lot of effort and potentially diamonds to complete it. Bottom line is I don't care what they come up with, but we should absolutely get ranking points. It would also give people more of a reason to play the spire.

The Unbeliever

One thing that is missing from the Spire is ranking points. Whenever we solve encounters on the world map or in tournaments we are rewarded with ranking points, so the Spire should not be any different. This should be especially true considering how many resources and troops you can go through by completing the spire. My idea for points would be this:

Level 1: 10 per encounter, 20 per mini boss, 50 for final boss
Level 2: 15 per encounter, 30 per mini boss, 75 for final boss
Level 3: 20 per encounter, 40 per mini boss, 100 for final boss

I believe this works out to be about 1030 ranking points for completing the spire, which is basically on par with winning a tournament. It might sound like a lot of points, but between the resources, the insane amount of troops and the waiting times between areas, it takes a lot of effort and potentially diamonds to complete it. Bottom line is I don't care what they come up with, but we should absolutely get ranking points. It would also give people more of a reason to play the spire.
Balancing the actual costs of the stupid thing so it doesn't take 6-8 weeks just to recover one's various resources would be a much better idea.

Oh, and so would GIVING US A 4TH TURN OPTION FOR NEGOTIATING!!:mad::mad::mad:

Vergazi

In many cases the Negotiating is won or lost in the First Round. If you don't have at least 1 or 2 correct in the First Round I advise backing out of the encounter and restarting it in order to minimize loss of goods, gold and supplies. I've been following this policy with pretty good success. With just 2 armories I can't imagine fighting more than the first section. After that I Negotiate them all.

It seems as though, lately, the Spire has been adjusted in such a way that there are noticeably more "duplicate choices: that are correct and more "Not Needed" types of goods, all within the same encounter. When I first started the Spire I played very heavily in all of my big cities and this was not the case at all.

The only other thing I've started doing differently is that I restrict my diamond spending in the SoE encounters to the last Boss before each door to limit my losses. Through using these methods I've greatly reduced my losses and made farming the Spire for useful items like CC, Time Boosters and Portal Profits much more sustainable.

Anyone else have any useful tactics they have used?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In many cases the Negotiating is won or lost in the First Round. If you don't have at least 1 or 2 correct in the First Round I advise backing out of the encounter and restarting it in order to minimize loss of goods, gold and supplies.
I think there's probably a sweet spot where that is valid, but there are two clear places where it isn't.
  • Anyone who is low enough level that they only get three options is guaranteed to win regardless of how many incorrect choices they make on the first play. By the time each spirit has been offered each of the three goods, there is no room for a loss
  • When you are high enough up to have six or seven options for negotiating, two or three rejections are far more valuable than two correct. With two correct, each of the remaining three spirits still has four or five options to test

Black watch

AVOID the spire at all cost. It's a no win anyway you look at it.

I'm able to play to the first boss without TOO many losses. It's doable and I manual fight the entire time. I've cautioned my FS about the expenses of it and from what I see, I'm the only one in the clan to play it and place the set.
The second section of the Spire is just TOO debilitating to do... The costs in troop losses are huge and I want to save those for tourneys.
Stick with the first section and you can get the pieces to drop over time.

Socrates28

I'm able to play to the first boss without TOO many losses. It's doable and I manual fight the entire time. I've cautioned my FS about the expenses of it and from what I see, I'm the only one in the clan to play it and place the set.
The second section of the Spire is just TOO debilitating to do... The costs in troop losses are huge and I want to save those for tourneys.
Stick with the first section and you can get the pieces to drop over time.
That is what I do and I have almost the entire set with a lot of Mana abd Gum producing trees. It is a nice source of resources.

DeletedUser23049

Not if you use the right mix of troops and boosts. I finished it completely this morning and got a full Moonstone set and a Genie, in the middle of a ten chest tournament run.[Well
Not if you use the right mix of troops and boosts. I finished it completely this morning and got a full Moonstone set and a Genie, in the middle of a ten chest tournament run.
well i did to,lost a ton of troops an didn't win nothing worth putting in my city. so i say AVOID the stupid spire.

Black watch

well i did to,lost a ton of troops an didn't win nothing worth putting in my city. so i say AVOID the stupid spire.

From this last tourney, I had a bunch of boosts running still, so I fought my way through to the second boss. I did manage to will more diamonds and a couple of Tele's but... over all, not worth the time, I must say.
The thing that stood out to me was the winning drops were right in line with the strongest odds of getting each particular prize. It only varied a few times, so I got a ton of fragments...
Now contrast that to the Event and the spinning wheels are running on a different set of odds, for sure.
I'll stick to fighting up to the first boss.

Rocce Sqirl

Third time today: "Solve 7 encounters or 35 tournament encounters" in the quest. They've run me out of scouted cities. I have only two encounters available (and two days until my current scout is finished). It's Sunday, tournament doesn't start until Tuesday. It'd be nice if the Spire encounters counted same as Tournament encounters. Might even entice me to play the Spire when I've been ignoring it.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It'd be nice if the Spire encounters counted same as Tournament encounters

actually, some tasks count spire encounters the same as regular encounters
i'd hate to have them count the same as tourny
can you imagine getting a task for 45 spire encounters ?

i notice one of the big complaints with the spire is the same as with events
"the prizes aren't worth it"
that part never bothers me much
besides
if they put a lot of really good stuff in the spire, it would throw off the rest of the game
can you imagine if people were winning phoenixes every week?

i play for the fun of the game
for me, i want the spire to be a bit of a challenge without being too ridiculous

Rocce Sqirl

actually, some tasks count spire encounters the same as regular encounters
i'd hate to have them count the same as tourny
can you imagine getting a task for 45 spire encounters ?

I did not realize that, and I'd agree. Was thinking the Spire was there on the weekend when the tournament was not. However, if the task would count Spire encounters as regular encounters, would still solve the dilemma. Or even something like "Solve 7 encounters or 10 Spire encounters or 35 tournament encounters."

DeletedUser20951

"Solve 7 encounters or 10 Spire encounters or 35 tournament encounters."
I'd really like to have this option. It would give me a way to better balance how much tournamenting and misery spiring I do to complete quests, as well as extend the time I could do so. I dislike going in heavy in a single avenue, although I suppose, if the so-called 'random' algorithm is fixed, it wouldn't be such a significant issue.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I did not realize that, and I'd agree. Was thinking the Spire was there on the weekend when the tournament was not. However, if the task would count Spire encounters as regular encounters, would still solve the dilemma. Or even something like "Solve 7 encounters or 10 Spire encounters or 35 tournament encounters."

i think it is more like do 7 spire encounters and or regular encounters
meaning you could do 3 spire + 4 regular which is nice
i've only seen it once or twice so far, can't remember if it also had the 45 tourny option