• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

Socrates28

I do not consider myself great at fighting and so I auto-fight almost all battles (99.9%) everywhere in the game and cater the rest. I have been learning to cover the 3rd enemy troop type in this manner: I see what major groups there are in the enemy lineup. I choose the best specialty troops to counter those threats making sure that one of those choices covers the 3rd and smallest group. Remember that each troop type actually covers 3 types of troops: itself and those it has somewhat of a boost against (Better or not so good). Whatever troop type you choose as your main one, in conjunction with the troop type 3 spaces to the right you are actually covering every enemy troop type in some manner. I will not say that this works every single time and yet it is working well for me. I also make full use of the temporary military buildings, the Fire Phoenix, and developing my military AWs.
I looking at Spire rewards I view the battles leading up to the Gate battles as the "cost of doing business" with the Boss of that gate. This is because it is the Gate battles which give the best rewards, or at least the chance of the best rewards. (Magic buildings, Dwarven Armorer, and the Genie IMO.) From time to time I do take heavy losses and I am still able to maintain this activity.
It has taken time, effort, and learning from my many mistakes to get to this point. It will be the same for you.
One thing I have learned from this game in particular is that everything is a problem until it is not! Basic supplies and coins were a problem for a long time and now I am swimming in them. It was the same with Sentient Goods, Guest Race goods, Manna and seeds. Now none of them are a problem. With time and effort it will be the same for you.

Socrates28

How does one modify their city to make the Spire work?
IMO you do that by developing your military capacity. I have 4 armories to boost training size. I have maxed out the Barracks, Training Grounds, and Mercenary Camp. I train troops 24/7. I craft every temporary military building I see. I maxed out my Fire Phoenix and feed it before every battle. I have also skipped almost every optional Squad Size upgrade possible (in the beginning I did not know any better). I develop my military AWs as fast as I can in rotation so that they are all of a comperable level, not one way ahead of another. That is how I did it. Take what you can and ignore the rest.

Deleted User - 1178646

1584376695170.png

Deleted User - 3932582

Just to summarize what @CrazyWizard posted above: unless you clear the whole Spire (all 3 levels), and most of your FS does the same (e.g. hitting 1330 points total), you will be getting less diamonds from the Spire.

Just for reference, on US7 there is zero - yep, exactly zero - FS that managed to clear 1330 points in the Spire. Ever.

But according to Inno, there are more diamonds now for those who clear the whole Spire. smh...

Kekune

To make sure I'm understanding that chart correctly...

On average, a solo player reaching the top will get 3.25 fewer diamonds per week? And the top group prize is boosted by 50?

ETA: glad I asked. I was reading the stage 3 total as the total of all 3 stages.

Last edited:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
reducing stage 3 diamonds is a slap in the face to people doing that stage, at a minimum they should be 25 diamonds as you likely burn that in troops or guesses.

We have 2 fellowships on US1 reaching the top, was only one until last week. Won't be surprised if that lowers when new chapter hits

KarlD

Losing over 32 diamonds a week is very disappointing and may discourage a lot of players who negotiate more from doing the Spire if they find they need to purchase diamonds in order to participate. That will then make it that much more difficult to get the level of participation needed to open the final chest. At the same time it appears to me that Inno has decreased the chance of winning diamonds from Genies and Wishing Wells. At the same time it appears to me that Inno has substantially decreased the chance of being able to craft military boost buildings. They seem to be nerfing the ability to acquire several key resources needed to get that elusive gold trophy in the Spire.

I have no problem with Inno making the gold trophy very difficult to acquire. I suspect when the tournaments first started it seemed near impossible to get a blueprint and now it's not that big a deal to open the 10 tourney chests. At some point getting a gold trophy will be a common occurrence, but until then it's good that it's something that you really have to work to achieve. However, it does suck when they take away 32 diamonds that I could achieve on my own and replace them with 50 diamonds that I now have to get 24 of my closest friends to work on and seems a near impossible task even with a fs full of pretty advanced cities.

DeletedUser7791

We are on US4, and one FS makes it every week. Not a top ranked one, but they are organized. We are 2 members down and will hit top with spire players coming in. We are really close. Doing the whole spire definitely pays off for us in terms of instants etc. and mostly in crafting in Magic Academy.

it takes a while to find a method that works for you consistently. I personally convince most of the way because pet food is in short supply for Phoenix fighting boost. A Dwarven Armorer most weeks does double duty as tourney and spire helper. Most of my FS fights more than I do.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Losing over 32 diamonds a week is very disappointing and may discourage a lot of players who negotiate more from doing the Spire if they find they need to purchase diamonds in order to participate. That will then make it that much more difficult to get the level of participation needed to open the final chest. At the same time it appears to me that Inno has decreased the chance of winning diamonds from Genies and Wishing Wells. At the same time it appears to me that Inno has substantially decreased the chance of being able to craft military boost buildings. They seem to be nerfing the ability to acquire several key resources needed to get that elusive gold trophy in the Spire.

Your personal bad luck does not in any way mean Inno is nerfing anything. I get diamonds every day from my 14 wishing wells. I see several pet food and military buildings in crafting every week, with the usual fluctuation day to day of more or less of each, while I do have the rare dry spell of not seeing any for a few days, but they always come back.

KarlD

Your personal bad luck does not in any way mean Inno is nerfing anything. I get diamonds every day from my 14 wishing wells. I see several pet food and military buildings in crafting every week, with the usual fluctuation day to day of more or less of each, while I do have the rare dry spell of not seeing any for a few days, but they always come back.
I'm seeing oodles of pet food now; way more than I used to which makes me feel like pet food has replaced some military boost buildings. 14 wishing wells is a lot so I would expect that you might see some diamonds everyday. I did say "it appears to me" that these things are happening. My personal bad luck seemed to come about all at once in multiple ways that made it appear to me like a general realignment. But, of course, there's no way for me to prove that anything has changed even if I don't see another diamond or military boost over the next year. It just appears to me to have occurred.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Losing over 32 diamonds a week is very disappointing
Really? because depending what level you buy at, it's between 15 and 30 cents. The entire diamond return from the Spire was never an incentive for me. The loss of 30 more is just giving me the kick I need to get over it.

khanhia

We are on US4, and one FS makes it every week. Not a top ranked one, but they are organized. We are 2 members down and will hit top with spire players coming in. We are really close. Doing the whole spire definitely pays off for us in terms of instants etc. and mostly in crafting in Magic Academy.

it takes a while to find a method that works for you consistently. I personally convince most of the way because pet food is in short supply for Phoenix fighting boost. A Dwarven Armorer most weeks does double duty as tourney and spire helper. Most of my FS fights more than I do.

We have players that understand how to work as a team, you don't need massive city to get the FA, Spire and Tourney done. We have won the last 7 FA, we hit top of spire every week and 10 chest every week.

I think most people have FS that is just a group and not truly a fellowship that puts team above self, with that, I would say we do the spire just for spire sake.. to get to the top, nothing else, just having fun playing a game

Last edited:

KarlD

Really? because depending what level you buy at, it's between 15 and 30 cents. The entire diamond return from the Spire was never an incentive for me. The loss of 30 more is just giving me the kick I need to get over it.
Okay. I won't be so disappointed for my own ability to acquire diamonds. My personal goal is to win diamonds at a sustainable rate so that I don't have to buy them just to do the Spire and as things stand now that won't be an issue. I mostly fight my way through the Spire so I don't use many diamonds. However, I also have an interest in others getting as far as possible through the Spire and many others do a great deal more negotiating and those diamonds being lost at the lower levels will likely have a significant effect. That's the whole point of Inno reapportioning the diamonds. (The idea that they needed to take the diamonds because of the shorter gate times is ludicrous.) So if the loss of 32 diamonds means that the average person can get through one or two or more FEWER encounters that effects me significantly because of the group level prizes. I can easily imagine losing one group level prize chest each week as a result and the elusive 12th chest will be that much further away so, yes, it's very disappointing.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The idea that they needed to take the diamonds because of the shorter gate times is ludicrous.
Of course it is. That's an excuse. Inno is in the business of selling diamonds. Every change they make is to sell more diamonds. Every diamond they give away is a loss-leader, intended to convince us to buy more once we use the free ones.

Every single change they make is intended to sell more diamonds. Imagining otherwise is naive.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Just for reference, on US7 there is zero - yep, exactly zero - FS that managed to clear 1330 points in the Spire. Ever.

US3 has a group that reaches it every week.
Interestingly the same FS does not do well in FA or as far as I've noticed Tourney.

On the other hand my FS is ten chests in tourney every week and always Top five in FA.
But we have yet to hit 1330 in spire. We always get the 880 chest.

Deleted User - 1580260

@qaccy I would keep only a million goods in inventory, but I make more to support my FS for those who cater. Thinking back, in the earlier chapters before Woodelves, I would have been unable to cater the Spire plus do the tourney plus grow my city. I would have been able to manual fight thru the Spire though.

I negotiate in the Spire 100% due to my love of logic puzzles. I learned how to manual fight from my great (and patient) friend @Yogi Dave just for the Spire, but then the Spire negotiating got balanced and I really enjoy it.
Ive yet to solve a logic puzzle - how do yo uido it?