• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

Socrates28

While I am the only player in my FS that is end game, I still produce Sentient goods to help the other members of my FS get what they need to finish their chapters. The only "excesses" in goods I see are Bismuth and Scrolls, but I am pretty sure that this is because of the boosts in my FS and not a server wide problem. I can still get rid of excess inventory with only a 10% discount, which I do not consider grievous at all as I have done that throughout the game with my boosted goods.
2 cents put in. ;)

Dadnaz

We got the first Gold medal in the Ceravyn Server this week. I'm still in love with the Spire. Best prizes ever!!!

Now please fix the Fellowship Adventures. The prizes are way too low for the amount of effort it requires from the entire Fellowship.

Thanks

Deleted User - 1178646

It would be a little weird for a gum tree to produce platinum and not tree gum. ;) The moonstone gate also produces moonstone at lower levels. Honestly as a person with boosts for everything the set produces I haven't noticed any issues at all. I am on a larger server so that might be it, but the only time I have had any issues with sentients is in the last couple weeks as we know that is most likely cause many players getting to end tech stop producing sentient goods.

I suspect this will solve itself very soon.

There are serious imbalances as far as I know on all servers, it will take a long long time for it to be solved.
This imbalance ain't always directly related to the spire set "yet", the spire set is a long term bomb waiting to explode.

The main issue is the old moving script, since "dead players" kept on sitting in those positions for multiple years before they were cleaned up if a dispropotioned amount of players with production X quitted this imbalance would not be solved by itself. as new player positions were always balanced between de 9 goods.

Hopefully the new cleanup script will solve this as those positions will be left empty when moving so more people will start with the goods that have a shortage.
The problem it takes a long while for those players to reach the sentient phase, so that to will be a very long time solution.

The main issue with the spire set is that it has a significant benefit over "factories" when the entire chain has been counted so when enough people will realise this they will start building those chains, especially those with lack of seeds. since the spire goed slow slow slow it will take a long time before this bomb will explode but explode it will.
Also a player who gets it's bismuth internally will not go onto the market.

Gumtree can easily be renamed to a spirit tree, moonstone gate, I am sure bismuth ain't moonstone ;) endless scrolls is a more difficult one to fix but who knows someone could come up with a different name that fits the theme that aint a scroll.
There are solutions.

Deleted User - 1178646

While I am the only player in my FS that is end game, I still produce Sentient goods to help the other members of my FS get what they need to finish their chapters. The only "excesses" in goods I see are Bismuth and Scrolls, but I am pretty sure that this is because of the boosts in my FS and not a server wide problem. I can still get rid of excess inventory with only a 10% discount, which I do not consider grievous at all as I have done that throughout the game with my boosted goods.
2 cents put in. ;)

Problems can be easily seen:
Go to the markt, click sentient, if for example bismut has 60-100 pages of goods offered and the rest none, then you have an issue.
If you need to give a 10% discount to get your goods so the other 60-100 pages don't that aint healthy.

Also food for the mind,
I personally for a while often start to trade goods from the bottom of the pile, so I start with trades from 500 en then work my way up to 10K
The reason is on the bottom are all those players who are often at elementals, they are at the bottom of the pile and have a hard time getting the goods, espcially if they are the first of there fellowhip hitting the spiritual goods.
By working from small to large you help these players advance there cities as well en prevent them from giving up the game because they are stuck

my2cents.

Deleted User - 4646370

An example : in my main server Shrooms used to be overproduced while Soap was slightly more produced than Bismuth according to what one can see in Trader. But a few months ago, Bismuth became more produced than Soap, and now it's almost as produced as Shrooms. Imbalance between Shrooms and Soap remains the same. So there has been an actual increase in Bismuth production in my server in the past few months, probably due to Spire set.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It has probably been this way since chapter 14 was added to the game, but from the moment I hit chapter 14 and needed those sentient goods, Shrooms have always been massively less available for trade on Arendyll. Sure, I still got my goods when I needed them, by posting extra of my goods to get them, but at the times of day I check the Trader, almost no one is ever offering them. Or the trades get taken within minutes of being posted.

I just wonder if the pattern they have started with the Coldfire Phoenix giving one tier 4 sentient, and the leaks about the May event evolving building giving another tier 4 sentient, if that means we will eventually get evolving buildings that give the tier 6 sentient goods also?

Now, back to what this thread is about, the randomness of winning buildings from chests is making me tired. Ever since the Spire was added, I have cleared the first floor almost every week, and cleared the second floor at least 75% of the time. I have one a total of one Magic Residence and zero Magic Workshops, but I have won seven Libraries. I know it goes the opposite for other players too. Before my girlfriend had to stop playing, she had won five residences and zero libraries.

Arkadia

And 7 gates would make less than 9K of bismuth a day. That's less than 2x 3h productions of a single L27 gems manufactory
Do not ignore the lil space that production requires, w/out pop ;)

The numbers add up over time, .....
The longer the spire exist the more treegum/bismut and scrolls become a problem.
Totally *nods
and as time goes on, more players will do more of the Spire, adding more to the production issue we're having

It would be a little weird for a gum tree to produce platinum and not tree gum.
LOL i was thinking the same, but we could always just get rid of it or rename it :cool:

@Enevhar Aldarion - i don't see how the fixed goods producing buildings would solve the problem....it IS the actual problem. If that's where we're going, then it's gonna be an even bigger mess. We already have too much Moonstone produced....

Last edited:

Socrates28

If you need to give a 10% discount to get your goods so the other 60-100 pages don't that aint healthy.
When I wanted my trades taken I have always offered them at a discount and a 5 or 10% discount and that isn't really unhealthy at all. In some cases I have done a 20% discount when I have a way out of balance good, such as I currently have with scrolls. It takes a while to get them taken and they eventually go. If I get what I and my FS needs then everybody wins.
Just as a side note, I see people progressing across my server so the goods are moving and people are getting what they need. Sorry, I just don't get the doom and gloom angle. Difficulties and temporary obstacles yes. End of the world and ticking time bomb no.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't see how the fixed goods producing buildings would solve the problem....it IS the actual problem. If that's where we're going, then it's gonna be an even bigger mess. We already have too much Moonstone produced....

The real problem is that what might fix things on one server/world, might just make things worse on others. Inno can't control which players with which boosts end up quitting, so crazy imbalances happen. Like I said, on US1, there is an extreme lack of Shrooms trades. On other servers it is Soap. Also on US1, Ink and Velvet are both much harder to get than Obsidian. While Tree Gum, Platinum, and Moonstone all seem pretty balanced. I won't talk about shortages of the normal goods because those trades are not server-wide like the sentient goods, and rely more on your quality of neighbors and fellowship members.

But in the end, if we get an evolving building that gives me a few thousand Ink or Velvet or Shrooms every 24 or 48 hours, I will take it. And when I start into chapter 16 in a couple of weeks, I will probably wish I had a couple dozen of those buildings, since none of those three are my boosts. lol

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion - i don't see how the fixed goods producing buildings would solve the problem....it IS the actual problem. If that's where we're going, then it's gonna be an even bigger mess. We already have too much Moonstone produced....

I am surprised that you both are on my server and I have none of the problems you describe and I have the so called problem boosts. Makes me wonder if something else is at play that we are missing. Either way inno will have far more analytics to detect issues and be able to solve it if there is such an issue.

Oh and isn't the scrolls in the set the solution to the scrolls tourny? :p No such thing as an oversupply with a decent sink.

Deleted User - 1178646

I am surprised that you both are on my server and I have none of the problems you describe and I have the so called problem boosts. Makes me wonder if something else is at play that we are missing. Either way inno will have far more analytics to detect issues and be able to solve it if there is such an issue.

Oh and isn't the scrolls in the set the solution to the scrolls tourny? :p No such thing as an oversupply with a decent sink.

Awesome guild mates help to cover up A LOT!,

We have people in my fellowship that would be totally blocked, but since I and other just grab there stuff instead of the other peoples goods they arent experiencing any issues.

Bot saying that this is the case, but it could be.

DeletedUser24439

Another week in the spire of spell fragments...where you can spend units and goods to get more excess fragments

KarlD

Another week in the spire of spell fragments...where you can spend units and goods to get more excess fragments
Yes, they really increased the chances of winning spell fragment. I still think it's well worth doing the Spire, especially since my fs has gotten the gold trophy 3 weeks in a row now. It's nice getting the diamonds and time boosts and such. It's really all about the group level prizes now. When I first started the Spire before the multiplayer/fs level prizes I was able to justify doing the Spire based on the prizes. Then they introduced the fs level prizes and nerfed the individual prizes a bit, but it wasn't too bad. Now it certainly feels like it's all fragments even though it's not. But there are enough fragments so that it's hard feel like it's worth the fight. I make CC spells 24/7 and I complete the Spire each week and win as many CC spells as I can, I don't make enough of them to consume all the fragments. There is the occasional recipe that only uses fragments, but not nearly enough to keep my fragment inventory from growing.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1178646

The trading imbalance

Yes, they really increased the chances of winning spell fragment. I still think it's well worth doing the Spire, especially since my fs has gotten the gold trophy 3 weeks in a row now. It's nice getting the diamonds and time boosts and such. It's really all about the group level prizes now. When I first started the Spire before the multiplayer/fs level prizes I was able to justify doing the Spire based on the prizes. Then they introduced the fs level prizes and nerfed the individual prizes a bit, but it wasn't too bad. Now it certainly feels like it's all fragments even though it's not. But there are enough fragments so that it's hard feel like it's worth the fight. I make CC spells 24/7 and I complete the Spire each week and win as many CC spells as I can, I don't make enough of them to consume all the fragments. There is the occasional recipe that only uses fragments, but not nearly enough to keep my fragment inventory from growing.

How cool would it be to get some crazy recipe that asks for 1.000.000 spell fragments.
That would be a cool goal to work towards. It doesnt even have to be awesome just some cool status building that shows how proud/nuts/dedicated/insane you are depending on which angle you look at it :D

T6583

It would be a little weird for a gum tree to produce platinum and not tree gum. ;) The moonstone gate also produces moonstone at lower levels. Honestly as a person with boosts for everything the set produces I haven't noticed any issues at all. I am on a larger server so that might be it, but the only time I have had any issues with sentients is in the last couple weeks as we know that is most likely cause many players getting to end tech stop producing sentient goods.

I suspect this will solve itself very soon.
I’m on US4 and I’m having trouble trading away my Moonstone and Bismuth, both of which are my boosts. It seems like everyone is offering it or tree gum. I’ve been having to either just hang onto it or offer it at higher values than I normally would (I usually offer 3 star trades for most goods to begin with). I’m hoping that as more players reach sentient goods that it eventually evens out a bit but there definitely seems to be certain goods that are in very high demand and others that no one wants for the past month or two if not longer.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I’m on US4 and I’m having trouble trading away my Moonstone and Bismuth, both of which are my boosts. It seems like everyone is offering it or tree gum. I’ve been having to either just hang onto it or offer it at higher values than I normally would (I usually offer 3 star trades for most goods to begin with). I’m hoping that as more players reach sentient goods that it eventually evens out a bit but there definitely seems to be certain goods that are in very high demand and others that no one wants for the past month or two if not longer.

Just wait another week to two weeks for chapter 16 to go live and all those players who have finished chapter 15 by then will be needing those sentient goods again.

sam767

On US7, platinum and soap are the shortage items. 20 pages each. Ink 15: Shrooms: 9; The others generally show empty but I do see gum trades fairly often - which I snap up. I have a big moonstone footprint. I always quickly move my excess gum at a 8% haircut (10777-10000 or 5777-52000).

There are 27 pages of bismuth offers starting at 6K-5K and rapidly going to a 10% haircut. Zero offers right now are: platinum, ink, soap, shrooms.

sam767

I highly doubt that gates are an issue here. A single maxed out gate produces what, 1260 bismuth a day? Unless there are vast farms of gates (which I haven't seen), it likely won't make a dent in the world production. I could believe that the Library set has an impact on scrolls, but not on bismuth. Imbalance is likely to more people with magic dust boost being in the sentient chapters.
My moonstone footprint is about 7 expansions. Stepping into 15, I have 150K bismuth and have periodically traded some away. The impact is nothing like scrolls which went from acutely short for my FS to a glut - like everywhere else. Boost + 1 would be super cool.

Arkadia

I am surprised that you both are on my server and I have none of the problems you describe and I have the so called problem boosts.

I'm scroll boosted too, and don't have an issue due to my incredible team mates :p :cool:
but doing the math...

I pick up 50k+ of scrolls every morning from the Endless scrolls
I produce ~4700 scrolls in each factory in 3 hrs, which i collect 3x most days, sometimes 4
each of factory takes up too much space,while my ES only needs 2 squares
each of my factories take up a ton of pop, so i need more residences or cult/pop >> need more space

Now I am not ranking driven.... (even it may look otherwise :p ) but i am tempted to get rid of factories that take up valuable space and pop and replace them w ES.

And I didn't do the math for the Gum Tree and Bismuth yet.

Ofc this will not be a good solution for those who want the (unbeneficial) ranking points.

so at the end.... we may just find our own solutions :cool: