• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

Queen Draggon

I play this GAME because its normally a relaxing way to take a break from other things, and its nice to chat with FS fellows and friends.
But that's just it; its a GAME its not supposed to be a big math problem to figure out; its not a business where u need to work up a cost analysis for it, because if that's the case I won't be playing at all. The Spire is a huge slap in our faces. Its supposed to be enjoyable but now its become nothing but an annoyance and disappointment. Creating animosity, and a lot of disliking of things all around. This game is very quickly becoming a game that is not worth wasting time on as I don't enjoy stress, its becoming stressful when one needs a calculator and a head for math, which I do not. So, if that's how its to be played u can count me out, and I am sure I won't be the only one who feels that way!

T6583

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but it looks like if you get a mystery chest and haven't unlocked that stage of the level yet you can't claim the chest. Not to happy about that at all.
Untitled.jpg

b875abcf-17a9-4612-8ad0-b35f945f511c

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
This is CRAP! I finished 2 levels, wiped out almost all my troops even with Dwarven Armory, 2 Unleashed & 1 Enlightened :mad: Also wiped out a TON of goods :mad: I got diddly squat for all of that. I did get 30 & 50 diamonds. Woo Hoo! Spent more than that on keeping it going. It seems that there is a very small chance of getting the good buildings or set with only 5% chance for the ones needed. This is really disappointing since I was really hoping they would take the feedback from Beta and make this even a little bit enjoyable :( This is a MAJOR FAIL in my opinion.

Really wondering why they think thousands of spell fragments is a prize at all. Just ridiculous!

mikeledo

Bolded for emphasis...
*THAT'S* the big problem with the spire at release - it's still massively unbalanced for pretty much everyone who isn't in the back 5-10% or so of the game!

The vast majority of players need their resources for typically;
a) researching the tech tree
b) growing their city via building upgrades
c) gaining provinces on the world map
d) tournament participation (especially anyone who is still trying to max their relic boost %'s;))

Spire would be fine if it was balanced more along the lines of FoE's guild expeditions... (ie: if Lv.1 was at least 'easy' with low costs for the trade off being generally earning only instants + a few spell fragments/CC's)
Unfortunately, the system is really, really stacked against the majority of the player base, since most of us don't have high level AW's, AND, excessive goods production, AND, no world map progress/tech research, etc, etc... to worry about.

We also don't have FoE's excessive military boosts (which are not chapter locked btw!), which allows even beginning cities to grow strong enough to fight through even Lv.4 of the GE...

If a feature is only balanced for 5-10% of your entire player base, well, "you done gakked up son."
I agree. It is a diamond suck. How about letting me cater one fight and allow me to win a 100% diamond offer. That way You make out, I may out and you don't bleed me like a vampire.

Tauriel Dragonwood

My troops and I charged up those stairs to the Spire, ready to battle because no way am I going to negotiate nor buy diamonds. The fights were not too difficult yet. I lost one of the fights when the 2nd wave of enemy creatures overwhelmed my troops. Just tried again with different troops and won. Did run out of crossbowmen or maybe they fell off the platforms. Whoever built this really needs to install some railings.

Glad to find out I was able to autobattle, which I like because time is precious. I can't spend hours playing a game with there's so much to learn and explore in real life. So far I made it to the locked portal door and need to wait 3 hrs to venture forth. Glad I'm getting spell fragments because I don't have many items to disenchant and I really don't want to disenchant my spells and instants. What lies beyond that door, we shall see. The lack of oxygen climbing that spire does make me feel a wee bit giddy.

Socrates28

I seem to be in the minority here and will say that only having played it once and then only on the first level (all 16 battles with no negotiations and the Fire Phoenix enabled) it does seem very playable at my level (ending Amuni). I believe that it would be much more difficult for people without 3 star troops to match what the Spire presents us with.

I have not started the second stage yet, which I assume will be much harder, and I may or may not continue as I do my own cost/benefit analysis of what I am presented with.

I am also pleased with the rewards I received and I did come out ahead in this deal. While the cost was 68k troops, the rewards will more than cover both the supply and time cost to replace them, especially the buildings which will continue to contribute t2 and t5 goods to my city for as long as I keep them.

While I did very well (imo) in this run through the first level of the Spire I in no way consider this outcome as representative of the rewards and costs of any future run through. I do not have enough data to make that kind of assessment as yet. It may indeed be better, worse, or on par with other attempts.

Going forward I will view the Spire the same way I view tournament provinces, I will do what I am comfortable with and stop when I think the costs are too expensive (for me) to bear even if I have a 1,000 squads available.

mikeledo

If it's not happening all the time, it's happening some times. Scheduled, or otherwise and whether or not they cancel or delay it sometimes.
View attachment 6410

All of this because I referred to it as an event and someone got worked up that it isn't an Event. Can we move on now?
What is the German meaning? I hate their use of English. They have "stackable" buildings. No, you can not stack them. They are additive.

DeletedUser20419

My impression is that this is more of an end-game activity. It seems to be a way to use up extra troops & resources, and I'm struggling to supply enough for the Tournaments.

I also don't like the Negotiating part. It was advertised as a logic puzzle, but it requires little logic, and a lot of guessing.

DeletedUser5676

I'm not a spire fan. But its one of those things if you don't like it don't do it.
I don't get your point. I'm not going to do it. The programmers have asked for our feedback. They want our feedback to see if it's worth trying to change it so we play. If you don't like my feedback, you don't have to read the feedback thread.

DeletedUser4968

My impression is that this is more of an end-game activity. It seems to be a way to use up extra troops & resources, and I'm struggling to supply enough for the Tournaments.

I also don't like the Negotiating part. It was advertised as a logic puzzle, but it requires little logic, and a lot of guessing.
Seems like a perfect fit for the end game players. Keeping them busy.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Having done the first layer, it's doubtful I'll go much further.

the fighting mechanic is not particularly difficult for me, though I'm an advanced city. One plus, I appreciate that there are a lot fewer combats than the tournament, which makes it practical to fight manually. But it isn't adding anything new or different. The terrain is lifted straight from the tournament. I'd have preferred to at least have it dressed differently. Put us in a room, add furniture, pillars, cul de sacs, altars. Hang tapestries on the wall that change in each room instead of the same old marsh around the edges. Make some brighter, some a little dimmer, anything to make it feel like I'm moving thorugh a building rather than hopping from province-to-province in the countryside around my city.

For art we are going to have to look at over and over again every week, the appearance of the spire is simplistic and cartoony in comparison to the rest of the game. There is no sense of wonder, of exploration, of discovery involved. I should be seeing things I didn't notice last time each time I ascend, with a rich background that I'd happily spend time poring over between rounds. As an add-on to Elvenar it feels cheap and thrown together.

I haven't got to the grand prize level, so I have no way to know if I'm going to be disappointed, but it sounds like one of the better things I can hope for is a souped-up wishing well. If so, that might be fine for a start, but I hope there's some creativity going on in the background.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I seem to be in the minority here and will say that only having played it once and then only on the first level (all 16 battles with no negotiations and the Fire Phoenix enabled) it does seem very playable at my level (ending Amuni). I believe that it would be much more difficult for people without 3 star troops to match what the Spire presents us with.
I agree. Even without feeding my phoenix, it wasn't espcially difficult, though I presume higher levels will overcome that. But like tournaments, people should only be going as far as they comfortably can.
What is the German meaning? I hate their use of English. They have "stackable" buildings. No, you can not stack them. They are additive.
The effects are stackable. That's pretty standard gamer-speak.
I'm not a spire fan. But its one of those things if you don't like it don't do it.
While that's not bad advice, it's a bit sarcastic for a feedback thread.
I don't get your point. I'm not going to do it. The programmers have asked for our feedback. They want our feedback to see if it's worth trying to change it so we play. If you don't like my feedback, you don't have to read the feedback thread.
Posting negative feedback in a feedback thread instead of quitting and finding a different game? How dare you, you monster.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

Remember when the game devs changed the battle system? That slowed down many Elvenar players from battling on the World Map and gaining expansions. Battles became extremely difficult so you ended up negotiating, if you had the required goods. Then came the dreaded day when those of us who overscouted found ourselves lacking Orcs to trade when negotiating. For a long time I came to a screeching halt gaining any further expansions unless I unlocked the research for them.

I’m not creating as many spells as I used to because I’ve run out of relics many times, which makes the tournaments more of a necessity to gain relics. My resources are dwindling faster and faster from the demands to produce goods, coins, supplies and troops in event quests and tournaments. Now the game devs have found a way to slow us down further by depleting our goods supply and military units trying to climb the Spire of Eternity.

I may need to start skipping events and other features in Elvenar that are draining on my city’s economy. Sometimes during an event, I cannot even trade with my fellowship and neighbors because my goods supply is so low. Not being able to participate in an event takes enjoyment out of the game.

I hope this isn’t true but there could be a hidden agenda to get us so frustrated we end up buying diamonds. I love Elvenar but I don't like the path the game devs are taking this game down.

DeletedUser4968

I never said I wasn't going to do it and I wasn't commenting on your feedback. The convince option is confusing to members in the fellowship and the fight option uses to many troops. When there are tournaments to think about. On the waves you should be able to pick troops on each wave. This is why I never like to post in the forum. Sorry I was being a bit sarcastic for a feedback thread. ;)

Deleted User - 1178646

I only negotiated,

Negotiation asks for some goods that I dont have a sink for between the chapters (coins, seeds, mana, T4, T5, T6)
for Supplies you really need some supplies spells. this pretty much requires active tournament play as your MA is making CC to play events.

Fighting I won't do, If you walk into an unexpected loss, the losses are so great your could easily do 1 round 30+ provincies with those troops.

The mayor flaw I noticed is the fact that goods are inaccesible at the spire, this makes negotiations not only a guessing game on it's own, but also a guessing game "do I have enough goods", It's is more than likely players will end up without negotiating goods halfway the negotiations. forcing them to either give up and loose there investment or spending a fortune on buying goods with diamonds.

This is kinda lame if you ask me.