• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I have to say I really don't like that you have to use diamonds to get more turns

You can quit the diplomacy and start again. Gives you 3 new chances for no diamonds but your back at square one and lose all goods already put in.

Regarding those saying this is for end game players I disagree. Wonders are about the only thing that improve my town now and those need a mammoth amount of KP, which we don't get from spire. Tournament farming is far more an end game activity unless you don't like or can't go far in tournaments.

DeletedUser4968

I’m an end game player and my take on it is that I’ve been around long enough to know that this is way too much waste for it to even come close to the cost in troops, goods, etc to even begin to be worth the effort. That is especially true at the hugely ridiculous guessing game to negotiate! That is not a puzzle. It is not solvable after the first level without spending diamonds Worse still is in a 10 chest tournament FS there is no way I can make enough troops for both.
I agree with the 10 chest seeking fellowship, its going to prevent some of them participating in both..

Gath Of Baal

I think now with the Spire Of Eternity would be a good time to add a developable hero or character system that can gain items and experience by opening chests in the spire and fighting spire unique boss monsters.. To me currently this just seems like more of the same tournament and province fighting except with slightly better rewards... The Spire Of Eternity did not really add anything unique to the game that wasn't already here except for the new background art in my city... Yes there are a few nice rewards but they are just pretty much renamed things you can already get just with a little better stats... To bad you keep adding content just for the sake of adding things instead of actually trying to add something unique and new for us to enjoy...

Just my 2 cents worth

Last edited:

The Unbeliever

I think now with the Spire Of Eternity would be a good time to add a developable hero or character system that can gain items and experience by opening chests in the spire and fighting spire unique boss monsters.. To me currently this just seems like more of the same tournament and province fighting except with slightly better rewards... The Spire Of Eternity did not really add anything unique to the game that wasn't already here except for the new background art in my city... Yes there are a few nice rewards but they are just pretty much renamed things you can already get... To bad you keep adding content just for the sake of adding things instead of actually trying to add something unique and new for us to enjoy...

Just my 2 cents worth
Well, for Elvenar, the Spire is definitely a unique feature... just not anything remotely playable in it's current form of course!
However, this is basically just FoE's weekly Guild Expedition re-skined to a fantasy theme.

Unfortunately, where Inno have screwed the pooch royally & in the most spectacular fashion, is how they literally took a simple mechanic and then slanted EVERYTHING about it against the players! >.>
I mean, I can just imagine the game devs in their initial meetings over this:
DEV 1: "Hey guys, that guild expedition thing from that 'other game' is super popular - we should port a version of it over here!

DEV 2: "By jolly you're right! There's even entire guilds in that other game formed around the idea of winning each week's expedition!"

DEV 3: "Oh, but how about to make it different, we'll make it cost like 300x what it really should - then players will have to spend diamonds to keep up!"

DEV 2: "Oh that's a great idea! And we'll add in that negotiation feature too so that players can drain their resources as well as their armies!"

DEV 1: "Uh guys, don't you think making it cost like 300x what it should is a bit excessive? I mean, we still offer the weekly tournaments, and players have to also progress their cities too you know?!"

DEV 3: "That's okay, we'll add in a brand new set building exclusive to this new feature - that'll totally make it worthwhile!"

DEV 2: "And we'll also give out lots and lots of coin & supply instants too, since the tournaments don't offer those!"

DEV 1: "Uh sir, players hate those coin and supply instants."

DEV 2: "Well, throw in some crafting resources as well, no one's really using that feature yet, so this will help encourage our players to do just that!"

DEV 1: "But, if we make this thing cost unsustainable levels of resources for generally undesired rewards, players will just call it a turd."

DEV 3: 'Well then, we'll sprinkle in some portal profits too!"

DEV 1: "Then it's just a turd with sprinkles on it..."

DEV 2: "Oh, most excellent! And we'll add in an infinitesimally small chance at a new larger wishing well type building as a cherry on top!"

DEV 1: "But, it's still just a giant turd covered in some sprinkles and a cherry..."

DEV 3: "Well, it won't be as hated as our old fellowship adventure system, so players will still enjoy it!"

DEV 1: "That's like saying you only have HIV instead of full blown AIDS - it's still crap"

DEV 2: "Yes! Let's make this happen!"

DEV 1: *epic facepalm*

DeletedUser18011

I see a lot of negative comments but so far I'm liking the Spire. I can handle the fights, the rewards good for my cost. I don't tend to try to negotiate much - if what I am seeing is that it's random whether or not negotiation works or not then that's too bad.

However I've only just done the first few fights and my opinion may change as I move along. I'm in Woodelves and most of my regular troops are level 3 so all that is a factor I'm sure. I'll continue along and see how do.

Overall it's nice to see feature that you can do if you feel like it without it seeming like pressure as I feel with most of the events.

update 1: I just now got the first battle that comes in waves. NOW I'm starting to get an idea of what may lay ahead.....:eek:
My Phoenix is going to be getting very fat from all the feeding methinks

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
update 1: I just now got the first battle that comes in waves. NOW I'm starting to get an idea of what may lay ahead.....:eek:
My Phoenix is going to be getting very fat from all the feeding methinks

These are a little tougher. When I negotiated one of these instead of fighting, I got four of the five correct after the three rounds. To give the fifth one what was wanted cost 25 diamonds. I went ahead and paid that one time because of all the goods I had already invested. I also lost one of these fights because I did not have enough troops left after wave 1.

I have not fought the boss at the end of the 1st stage/level/whatever yet, so can anyone confirm how many waves the boss fight has? Two again or maybe three?

DeletedUser

I was reading about the Spire looks pretty :cool: I can't do it:( as I have a little ways to get to Chapter 3 or even done with it. Just curious why do you have to be past Chapter 3 before You can do that "Spire"? It kind of leaves out other players who can't do it either.

As a Beta player who has stumbled through The Spire more than once I can tell you that a new Chapter 1 or Chapter 2 city can not make it. You don't have to be passed Chapter 3, you just have to be in it. Read through this thread (pick any page after 5) and take note of the feedback. This is from Beta, and yet, The Spire was released Live despite all (at this moment) 41 pages of it. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/spire-of-eternity.12990/page-5 Not surprisingly, they're getting the same reaction here.

IMO, The Spire is a great idea very poorly implemented. Don't worry about this feature, you're not missing anything enjoyable. Concentrate on building and developing your city. At this point in time The Spire is absolutely not worth the costs.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have not fought the boss at the end of the 1st stage/level/whatever yet, so can anyone confirm how many waves the boss fight has
I've only tried it in my Woodelves city. I had 3 waves with extremely high squad sizes (3400+SS; regular SS=717). It took me 3 tries to finally get them all on manual fight. I can recover quickly in this city (built after making all the mistakes in the first city, lol) and I built it to fight tourneys, so that helps. I could not sustain the high SS losses in my 1st city (end of Amuni).

qaccy

Level 1 seems pretty doable to fight through, having just finished it myself. Granted, that's with a Fire Phoernix and generally higher-than-average AW levels boosting my units up (though not as much as I'd like, since AW levels have an effect on the difficulty apparently). Of course, as if to entice my into liking the feature, I've actually been extremely lucky with my rewards and already have 4/5 pieces of the Moonstone Library set, including winning the 4x4 centerpiece from the final chest for the level.

DeletedUser19458

I've played most of the way through level 1 today. It's been awhile since I got to manual fight (who has time during tourney's to manual fight??) so I am doing that here and actually enjoyed playing it. I like the strategy. However, there are enough down sides that I will not play this regularly.

As mentioned the squad sizes are ridiculous. I'm trying to complete the level because I want to experience the full thing at least once, but nobody can sustain playing this regularly if the squad sizes do not change. My troops are needed more in the tourney.

I did not try negotiating. Once I saw it was just a guessing game with no guarantee I'd rather lose troops instead.

Rewards are so-so for the effort. I collected about 5,000 fragments and 1 set building. If I didn't get the set building, the rewards would blow.

They most certainly dropped the ball on the graphics. Lots of hype for this new feature coming to the game and in the end it's just the exact same thing, but more poorly done.They couldn't even bother to stick with a graphical theme and recycled the landscape maps which tells you the kind of development effort that (didn't) go into this. Aren't we fighting inside a BUILDING?? Shouldn't the enemies look like spectres or something more similar to how they look while viewing the spire? So many cool things they could have done here. But nope.

I was open to the idea but execution just is not there. What's worse is we all know little will be done to improve the situation. It will be some minor tweaks here and there (something small like maybe change squad sizes) before the developers move on. So I won't be looking at this as a regular part of my playing.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've only tried it in my Woodelves city. I had 3 waves with extremely high squad sizes (3400+SS; regular SS=717). It took me 3 tries to finally get them all on manual fight. I can recover quickly in this city (built after making all the mistakes in the first city, lol) and I built it to fight tourneys, so that helps. I could not sustain the high SS losses in my 1st city (end of Amuni).

Yeah, I got there since posting and found the three waves. I also decided to speed up the door timer to see the next stage and no thank you. The first normal fight in stage two is two waves and five choices for negotiating. So I think for a while, I will just be doing the first stage each week and see how many weeks it takes to get any of the buildings. But maybe next week will be a little easier to do after recovering from the current Mermaid event.

DeletedUser20951

So, just finished reading all the new posts of mostly negative feedback here, and it finally occurred to me how similar the response to the Spire is in comparison to the Summer Mermaids event (should of made the connection immediately, but swift thinking is not my forte). Now, they likely had a hard deadline for releasing this, but it was an absolutely terrible idea to actually go through with adding a highly unpopular feature (beta feedback made this clear, and it's always ten times more hostile on live servers, as we did not willingly sign up to deal with recognized bugs and glitches and quality control) right on the tail end of another widely and significantly panned modification of the event questing system. While I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, it seems like intentional sabotage, but barring that, at the very least, it suggests an ineptitude and/or arrogance of a disturbing magnitude across the board for the company. No matter the veracity of my pondering, ill omens are soaring on the winds and I am disquieted by their screeches.

DeletedUser20951

Also, wasting development on making a cosmetic and completely unnecessary, unwanted change to the notifications while all of these other problems are not being dealt with? Yeah, not the smartest route, either. In fact, stuff like that annoys me to the nth degree and I'm not alone in feeling this way, as it throws an absence of priorities in our faces.

Black watch

My troops and I charged up those stairs to the Spire, ready to battle because no way am I going to negotiate nor buy diamonds. The fights were not too difficult yet. I lost one of the fights when the 2nd wave of enemy creatures overwhelmed my troops. Just tried again with different troops and won. Did run out of crossbowmen or maybe they fell off the platforms. Whoever built this really needs to install some railings.

Glad to find out I was able to autobattle, which I like because time is precious. I can't spend hours playing a game with there's so much to learn and explore in real life. So far I made it to the locked portal door and need to wait 3 hrs to venture forth. Glad I'm getting spell fragments because I don't have many items to disenchant and I really don't want to disenchant my spells and instants. What lies beyond that door, we shall see. The lack of oxygen climbing that spire does make me feel a wee bit giddy.

I stuck waiting at the gate for 3 hrs. I'll try and finish the first level in the morning. That said, I have cautioned the clan I'm in about the spire and I'm checking it out and posting notes. It's hard for me to be hard on the spire at this time though. I've manually fought up to this same spot and only lost 3 squads of archers (4770) and one squad of mortars (265). I've gotten 25 diamonds which made me happy and only one building, the mana plant. That said... if things keep going the way they are ( I don't think so) I'm going to own this squire!
Now in reality, I'm aware of how INNO sets these things up so I'll just have my sip of victory port now, and commiserate with all of you later.
Yeah, so far, I'm liking it... didn't think I would.