• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

DeletedUser19458

I'll bet you a hundred diamonds that a hundred diamonds wouldn't replace the troops the average person lose winning that battle or the goods they spent negotiating.

Actually troops are replaced with supplies and a bit of time (or maybe a supply windfall and a time booster), so ... 100 free diamonds in my books ;)

Also just an FYI to anyone. I finished level 1 a day ago and forgot about spire cause it had me waiting at the boss gate and I had no intention of playing level 2. Being bored with nothing to do at moment I just went back in and there was a new mystery chest sitting there ... got one of the small linked set buildings out of it. So, reminder to make sure you get all those mystery chests I guess (cause I don't recall seeing it there before!)

Risen Malchiah

I think it is disappointing, it costs way too much for what it gives and it resets after that, so you cannot even say you are on level 999, so you are super cool. I don't think I'll play it again.
Wow... actually that would be really cool. It is the Spire of Eternity so you're right. If it went to 1000 levels with better rewards as you progress, then some players would actually take up that challenge just for completion's sake.

But in other news, during the dev Q&A, they said the Spire will gain new rewards and features in the future so it's a work in progress. Maybe we'll actually get some Spire-appropriate battle terrain as well. (At least I can hope.)

GlamDoll

Sigh....So, I have read all 40+ pages on The Beta forum, as well as this thread, in regards to the new game feature/content... The Spire. This is going to be long, there is no way around it, not for me...So, if you are feeling kind and generous, and are in this post for the long haul, please fasten your seat belts & I do hope you enjoy the "ride".

I began playing this game about a year ago. ( I am used to playing single player games that require one to build cities, colonies, etc.). As I mentioned before, I have played many games of this genre...Master of Orion, Civilization, Pharaoh/Cleopatra, etc. It quickly became evident to me, that I will have to pay money for premium expansions, if I want to play this game "my" way, and have a bit more space to get my city up and running.

This was my first decision I was faced with regarding this game. Well, suffice to say, AT THE TIME, it was a no-brainer! I instantly was in "love" with the game. It is very gorgeous to look at with the art and all! I immediately started trying to formulate what my strategy for playing this game was going to be. Initially, I wanted to get "caught" up, and get through the chapters sooner instead of later. Why??? It was two-fold.

I didn't want to be behind for the entire time I am going to play this game AND I wanted my city to look "cool" to me. After looking at how my city was looking "cooler" as I would upgrade more and more, progressing through the Tech Tree, this reinforced my resolve and zeal, and I concluded that my strategy for playing this game was giving me excitement and fun. I had a goal, and proceeded to step one...

Spend money for some expansions, so I can start implementing my plan of getting my fledgling city up and running. I did not know about boosts or tournaments, etc. Which brings me to my first dilemma I had. The map around my city, in regards to my trader, had me at my first roadblock. Not much seemed to be happening in the way of trades, at least not for resources I needed. So, I assumed I needed to build all factories.
At which point, I spent even more money, for more premium expansions, UNTIL, I saw how ridiculous the cost for the next one would be. My strategy had failed! I had already invested a few hundred US dollars (by this point) & I was right back to the drawing board, of how am I, as a new player, going to ever get caught up, if I can't get the resources I need, etc., to keep any kind of momentum in research, upgrades and so forth?

But, little did I know that, that was only the start of the challenges to come. Which I tried to be positive about & considered it a challenge to figure out how I would over come this obstacle. I tried many things, including starting a fellowship. I will spare all the steps & details...but in the end, I found myself literally "stuck" in this game, for almost 2 months. I had no culture at all and no space as well as tech locked.
I could not build or upgrade anything. I started giving all my KP's to my AW's I had. I was not only invested in this game, but I was also extremely frustrated. Had a falling out with my fellowship, so I made someone else AM and went back to being a solo player.

It was time for a rethink for me, on my strategy and how I could make the game fun for me again. In the end, I decided I didn't like my boosts (Steel, Crystal & Elixirs). I wanted Marble, Silk & Gems. Especially Marble, for building & upgrading my Wonders faster.It was the only thing I was having fun with, was leveling my AW's, at this point. So, with my new game strategy & plan, I went off to contact Support, in hopes of having my boosts changed.
Unable to have that done, but Support was extremely helpful, friendly & professional. I was told that I could make a new account to try for the boosts I wanted. I was floored and ecstatic! The Star Wars Theme played in my head! There was hope! I started off with a new vigor and passion for the game. I was elated beyond words. I was on a mission. I will get the boosts I want and I will be having fun again. I was like a kid at Christmas.

Well, getting the boosts I wanted, seemed impossible. O.O...So, back to Support I went. Explained I had made a "few" new accounts, and still not having accomplished my goal. :/ They expressed their condolences and encouraged me to keep trying, in essence, and so I did.
I finally got what I wanted. End result? I had almost a whole fellowship of accounts, so I made 2-3 more, and did just that. Put them all into a fellowship together.I am GlamDoll on Arendyll, GlamBabes fellowship.

I have spent even more hundreds of dollars since, to get her up and running, etc. I earn all my KP's from all 25 of my cities doing Tourneys, etc. I have cities that have their Wonders built because I make sure they each get their relics they need, by earning them from my main city. Yes, my main city has many levels for her Wonders, and my others do not....YET! Why?
I am waiting to build the wonders in those other cities, that my Main City needs relics for, so that I can do my KP swap with all my other cities, to get said relics. It is my fellowship, and I get to run it how I choose.

Conclusion: As I stated in my other long post...I am being penalized for My Ancient Wonders LEVELS. I am currently tech locked in Orcs >...> I have to put ALL my KP's SOMEWHERE. At least now I have a better understanding, on why my squad size is OFF the chart in The Spire. And the amount of goods it wants from me is just as bad, imo. And that's just for me to go in and say "boo" to the very FIRST spirit! LMAO!

Thank you for taking the time to read all that! And, if you made it all the way to the end /bow, hopefully, it was not unpleasant and perhaps even, helpful?

Sincerely,
EZ/GlamDoll

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

@ElegantZara Believe it or not, I read your whole story. I kept thinking this is why Elvenar needs to do better integrating new players. With ALL you went through, imagine how many more players just quit when it gets tough, never knowing relics are aplenty in tournaments. Heck, tournaments arent even hinted at for players not in a fellowship!

I cannot fathom playing that many cities though. It must also get rather lonely in a fellowship of just clones. Lol

GlamDoll

@ElegantZara Believe it or not, I read your whole story. I kept thinking this is why Elvenar needs to do better integrating new players. With ALL you went through, imagine how many more players just quit when it gets tough, never knowing relics are aplenty in tournaments. Heck, tournaments arent even hinted at for players not in a fellowship!

Thank you for taking the time....and yes, I almost did quit, but I had spent so much money at that point already. I wish I would haave known about the tournys, relics at the start...It would have been extremely useful information.

I cannot fathom playing that many cities though. It must also get rather lonely in a fellowship of just clones. Lol

It is :(. I only wanted 1 city and to be in a great fellowship that I would "fit" in with, of like-minded players. I try to be flexible, so what I settled for, is better than leaving/quitting.

Deleted User - 3932582

Just finished the Spire (all 3 levels) with my test city which is in chapter 4. That's with convincing most of the time, and few fights on auto. Only spent about 100-125 diamonds for extra turns (got 150 diamonds from rewards).

If you're in lower chapters and have solid economy, convincing is pretty cheap. Maybe not "weekly completion of all 3 levels" kind of cheap, but L1/L2 are definitely doable weekly.

It was a fun distraction.

qaccy

@ElegantZara Quite the post, but it's a bit unsettling to me. Support never mentioned to you that having multiple accounts, especially sharing resources between them, is against the game's rules? It never really seemed to be enforced either way, but unless that's been changed at some point you're technically cheating.

GlamDoll

@ElegantZara Quite the post, but it's a bit unsettling to me. Support never mentioned to you that having multiple accounts, especially sharing resources between them, is against the game's rules? It never really seemed to be enforced either way, but unless that's been changed at some point you're technically cheating.

No, nothing was said about any of that.

Edit: Which is why I ever started posting on the Forum in this thread to begin with. I was told that I could try (for the boosts) by making new accounts for the boosts I wanted...and after I started reading this thread, it made me feel like I was being accused of "cheating", etc. (Support knew I had made many trying to get the boosts, I even contacted them a second time) as I mentioned in my looong post.

Which is why I feel so "insulted", upset, confused, etc. about this whole thing. I bust my tail, to log ALL my cities and do the tournaments, etc.

At this point now, I don't even know what to do, and I am more frustrated with the game then ever before....

Last edited:

DeletedUser20951

Support never mentioned to you that having multiple accounts, especially sharing resources between them, is against the game's rules?
Actually, it's not.

https://support.innogames.com/kb/El...-play-more-than-one-account-on-the-same-world

But pushing is against the rules, quoted from the Game Rules listed here in the forums, although the final line on this is a little weird within the context of multiple accounts in the same world being allowed. It would make more logical sense if Elvenar had a reward system in place for sending out invites to others to join the game that are not already playing, as I've seen this abused gratuitously in different games (unless there is one I was unaware of?), and may not even apply to fellowship invitations, but there's no elaboration anywhere that I was ever able to find.

"7. Pushing
Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.
It is forbidden to create trades in any form (goods, Knowledge Points etc.) that involve multiple worlds.

Please note that it is strictly forbidden to use the invite feature to invite yourself or players that share an internet connection with you."

DeletedUser20951

Thank you! Between what Support told me as well as me reading this last year, it never was a second thought in my mind, that there would be any negative consequences"?' , etc...until this thread, anyway. :(
You're welcome! Much of what is officially 'acceptable' play is not outlined and stated very clearly in a manner that is easy to access. I operate two cities within my fellowship, myself, and have been accused of cheating, regardless of the fact that I don't push.

If you are interested in reading a longish discussion that goes into greater depth on it, there is this thread:

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/just-wondering-why-we-tolerate-cheaters.18141/

DeletedUser5676

Actually troops are replaced with supplies and a bit of time (or maybe a supply windfall and a time booster), so ... 100 free diamonds in my books ;)
And 100 diamonds won't get you very much in the way of supplies or time saved, but you are free to feel as you feel. I said the average person wouldn't come out ahead and I'm comfortable sticking by that.

Pheryll

Set Designer
You're welcome! Much of what is officially 'acceptable' play is not outlined and stated very clearly in a manner that is easy to access. I operate two cities within my fellowship, myself, and have been accused of cheating, regardless of the fact that I don't push.

Much of that has to do with multiple official rule sets. For example, by creating an Elvenar account you agreed to the following terms and conditions:

5.4 You may only have one Account per game world (one section of the Game). You can login to your account both via the relevant website of the Game or via the App you have downloaded. Using multiple accounts ("Multi-Accounts") within a game world (irrespective whether this is via a downloaded Mobile App or the Games' websites) is prohibited and can be punished with an immediate ban or extraordinary cancellation of the Licensing Agreement. Asserting any claims for damages by you is excluded in such a case.

This rule comes from Inno. Elvenar has decided to allow multi-accounts, nevertheless, and has put that allowance into writing in its FAQ.

GlamDoll

Thanks for sharing the link...just finished reading all of it. I don't know, is it a tinder-box? Is it pandora's box? o_O :/ >...> As a carbon based lifeform that just wanted to play this game and enjoy the art, music AS well, as just watching my city grow, it sure has become extremely complicated & what little joy I have managed to hold on to is certainly being taxed beyond any words in my vocabulary. I do not have a pletheroa of words, and I can't help but wonder, even if I did..that I'd still be speechless.......

I just wanted to play the game and enjoy myself and building my city without ever being stuck for almost 2 months again!!!! That is why I went overkill on culture!

If I am "guilty" of "cheating" or anything else....As soon as I hear from Inno that I am in some kind of "violation", I will do whatever it is that I am told. I no longer care if it means every account other than Glamdoll is deleted, or whatever. If I have to sell or all my wonders are deleted, whatever... I just want to play the game, build my city and have fun....

That's all I want. Thank you for a lovely game....I just want to play it in peace. :)

Edit: Help me Inno-Kenobi!!! You are my only hope!

Last edited:

DeletedUser2870

Ye' I know this is not Super Mario, but still... :D

Completely did not worth it here. The only useful thing is spell fragments and the HP building which will expire after 5 days. Just wonder if I left some hidden grand prizes. :D I think I used up at least 2x more resources than what I got from it, but that is typical by playing the tourney too, so not an issue... What I am still missing is doing something with the building. E.g. if you defeat the final boss it would have been nice to destroy it or keep it in your city. None of that happened. The buildings it gave will be ok-ish for disenchanting. They are small though, so don't worth much. I have a lot better buildings from previous events, so most of them are useless otherwise.

I used up time boosters and diamonds to open those gates. I don't like to wait and I have plenty of both. Without them I would be able to finish maybe the first level, not the entire thing.

The problem is that with the tourney one at least gets significant rewards for the troops, time and resources spent. And at least for me of I go for about 2500-3000 points in the touney the losses are generally about the same as I can rebuild, so I tend to be at a relatively stable level of troops, though I try to have them slowly rising over the weeks, but my main goal is to maintain the level I'm at in the number of squads for each type.

Not so with the Spire. The rewards are skimpy at best, even more so when balanced against the ridiculous amount of troops I have to use. Squadsizes of almost 3x my normal squadsize. So even if I loose 30%, that's still 3x as much as when I loose 30% in a tourney province. But the rewards are nearly worthless most of the time. 1 1-hour timereduction for loosing even 20% of 5 squads that each are almost 3x the normal size? That's not a reward, that's assuming I'm a masochist.
The first week I did the spire, just to test it and went through 2x. It will probably take me at least 4 weeks to recuperate from those losses. No way I'm going to be doing that again. I'll do a few of the encounters of the first round if I'm bored, but that's it.

Risen Malchiah

Are you talking about seeing how many resources you have available of what is asked for when using the diplomacy option?
You should be able to see how much you have of each (coins, supplies, goods) by hovering over the icon of each one of them (at least on PC/browser).
On PC, it's not so bad. I ran into this issue today on mobile and rather than continuing, I simply opted to wait til I got home to continue the Spire. That and autofighting in the Spire is really deadly when there are multiple waves. I don't really know the solution to making the Spire workable on mobile at this point.