• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

KarlD

In the above example I would have given up after 2 tries.
You would have needed at least 1 or 2 matches in that round.
There is a smaller dan 25% chance that you are wrong and a small chance you can get the answer with 1 extra round.

As for more examples, when I have time and see one of those options I could make schreenshots from it.
Which I in general forget because I am to quick :p
, but I know I use this quite a bit, but I am not sure I would use it in an 8 variant, I should be in the position to see when I use it and when I don't.
I wouldn't be so quick to give up when there are 8 goods. Chances are I'm not going to solve it in only 3 tries and it's hard to anticipate how things will play out. A good majority of the time I solve with just one 25 diamond try on the simulator so I would tend to just allow things to play out as they will.

DeletedUser7791

Update on previous comment. We are in US-4 and have joined the FS that got to the top. The change in the diamond rewards was good for us. If the FS hits the top, then the certain diamonds have gone up. The Expected Value on the random ones has changed little but the variance is down with more spins for small amounts. So, all in all, in a FS that hits the top, the certain win is higher.

Now you can negotiate every encounter and expect to gain diamonds beyond what you use on complicated negotiations or bad guessing luck.

We are down 2 people this week and hit it. So, it is possible and like the 10 chests will become easier as spire enthusiasts flock together like tourney fans.

khanhia

Update on previous comment. We are in US-4 and have joined the FS that got to the top. The change in the diamond rewards was good for us. If the FS hits the top, then the certain diamonds have gone up. The Expected Value on the random ones has changed little but the variance is down with more spins for small amounts. So, all in all, in a FS that hits the top, the certain win is higher.

Now you can negotiate every encounter and expect to gain diamonds beyond what you use on complicated negotiations or bad guessing luck.

We are down 2 people this week and hit it. So, it is possible and like the 10 chests will become easier as spire enthusiasts flock together like tourney fans.
Congrats, Our FS was cheering you guys on.. and hoping you guys make it to the top .. we had 22 peeps hit the top with 1499 points.. our aim is all 25 players to hit the top ..
Again, congratulations to your FS, Well done.

KarlD

Congrats, Our FS was cheering you guys on.. and hoping you guys make it to the top .. we had 22 peeps hit the top with 1499 points.. our aim is all 25 players to hit the top ..
Again, congratulations to your FS, Well done.
Wow!! That's impressive that you had 22 in your FS reach the top. I think we had 20 reach the top and got 1440 points. That was almost 50% more points than the next highest fs and I was impressed with that. It was our 2nd time reaching the top and our best score yet. Hopefully the folks who didn't quite reach the top this week will have what they need to do so next week.

mikeledo

HAFTA in windy and Happy Campers in SA have made 12 chests for the last 2 weeks. And does anyone spend 3 diamonds to open a 10-second countdown door? Please tell me this is something the computers did and not something INNO brainstormed over and thought would be a good idea.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
HAFTA in windy and Happy Campers in SA have made 12 chests for the last 2 weeks. And does anyone spend 3 diamonds to open a 10-second countdown door? Please tell me this is something the computers did and not something INNO brainstormed over and thought would be a good idea.

That is just the standard cost to speed anything up with only 10 seconds left. Watch your next building upgrade or crafting recipe, etc as it counts down the final few minutes and you will see the same cost there.

mikeledo

That is just the standard cost to speed anything up with only 10 seconds left. Watch your next building upgrade or crafting recipe, etc as it counts down the final few minutes and you will see the same cost there.
I understand that. That doesn't make it any less silly because they do it a lot. And why 3 diamonds for 1 second is the same for 10 seconds?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I understand that. That doesn't make it any less silly because they do it a lot. And why 3 diamonds for 1 second is the same for 10 seconds?

Yeah, it is dumb. My diamond total somehow ended up with a 6 on the end, instead of a 5 or 0, and it bugs me and makes me wish I could spend just one diamond on something, rather than having to spend 6 to fix it. lol

LisaMV

I myself cannot afford to get much past the second gate... but it is generally quite fun! And since I desperately need fragments, I do it for that, actually.

HOWEVER - I am a bit surprised and horrified at the deafening SILENCE - where are all the sound effects?! After spending that much for each turn, I would like a little something. It makes me think I have suddenly gone deaf, and I am a bit surprised that it was released like that. Very unpleasant, in fact.

NightshadeCS

HOWEVER - I am a bit surprised and horrified at the deafening SILENCE - where are all the sound effects?! After spending that much for each turn, I would like a little something. It makes me think I have suddenly gone deaf, and I am a bit surprised that it was released like that. Very unpleasant, in fact.

You have taught an old hand something new! I always have the sound turned off, so did not even know there was a difference. :D :p :D

Arkadia

This was probably mentioned and discussed (sorry for lack of time reading through the thread), but hey it doesn't hurt repeating...

We need a solution of the overproduction of Bismuth due to all the Moonstone Gates in our cities.
My FS is very active, we like doing the Spire, but seriously, after getting a 100 Gum Trees, and Moonstone Gates, it gets old. Not to mention that I have close to 200k spell fragments, and a full stash of useless buildings in inventory that are waiting for being disenchanted.

But back to the issue of Bismuth.... we have a server-wide overproduction.
Maybe if the Moonstone Gate would produce our boosted S3+1 it would help.

Deleted User - 3932582

We need a solution of the overproduction of Bismuth due to all the Moonstone Gates in our cities.
I highly doubt that gates are an issue here. A single maxed out gate produces what, 1260 bismuth a day? Unless there are vast farms of gates (which I haven't seen), it likely won't make a dent in the world production. I could believe that the Library set has an impact on scrolls, but not on bismuth. Imbalance is likely to more people with magic dust boost being in the sentient chapters.

Having said that, I agree that most of the production buildings should be indexed to your boosts, not have fixed production. Especially considering that we know that they have a mechanism already implemented to do just that. These fixed productions just skew things in the long run, without having any particular benefit (well, maybe in the very short run).

LisaMV

You have taught an old hand something new! I always have the sound turned off, so did not even know there was a difference. :D :p :D
Oh! Being a musician, I always have the music turned off ;)(inside joke, probably...), but the sound effects are wonderful! Love the different factory sounds especially, but the coins sounds are quite cheery. I have my volume down fairly low, though.

[When I have some time, I will suggest that to the devs = sound levels!!! Why it has to be either full volume or silent is absurd, really]

Arkadia

A single maxed out gate produces what, 1260 bismuth a day?

...i have about 7 in my city :oops:, just what i could count in that mess :p
and that's just my city... not saying its an average.... but... i'm sure there are players with more ;):):oops::eek:

I could believe that the Library set has an impact on scrolls

YES! definitely! we just discussed that in my FS.... we have definitely an overproduction of :scroll: :eek: that need to be addressed.

Deleted User - 3932582

...i have about 7 in my city :oops:, just what i could count in that mess :p
and that's just my city... not saying its an average.... but... i'm sure there are players with more ;):):oops::eek:
I am sure there are players with more, but it would be pretty rare - the vast majority would have less placed (I mean, I have quite a few more in the inventory, but I am not placing them). And 7 gates would make less than 9K of bismuth a day. That's less than 2x 3h productions of a single L27 gems manufactory (looking at mine, so with some extra sentient production AW boosts), so let's say 1/3rd of a manufactory. Maybe 1/2 if you're not collecting often. And that's unboosted. So you, with higher than usual number of gates, are adding at most half a manufactory worth of production. Hardly an avalanche of production...

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I highly doubt that gates are an issue here. A single maxed out gate produces what, 1260 bismuth a day? Unless there are vast farms of gates (which I haven't seen), it likely won't make a dent in the world production. I could believe that the Library set has an impact on scrolls, but not on bismuth. Imbalance is likely to more people with magic dust boost being in the sentient chapters.

Having said that, I agree that most of the production buildings should be indexed to your boosts, not have fixed production. Especially considering that we know that they have a mechanism already implemented to do just that. These fixed productions just skew things in the long run, without having any particular benefit (well, maybe in the very short run).

The numbers add up over time, as people are collecting more and more of these buildings, and dont forget sentient is a serverwide trading material.
The longer the spire exist the more treegum/bismut and scrolls become a problem.
If you are already on a gum/bismut/scrols heavy server the problem only becomes bigger and bigger.

It's why I don't like the release of sets anymore, especially ones with fixed productions.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It would be a little weird for a gum tree to produce platinum and not tree gum. ;) The moonstone gate also produces moonstone at lower levels. Honestly as a person with boosts for everything the set produces I haven't noticed any issues at all. I am on a larger server so that might be it, but the only time I have had any issues with sentients is in the last couple weeks as we know that is most likely cause many players getting to end tech stop producing sentient goods.

I suspect this will solve itself very soon.