• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

Deleted User - 4366037

I have to say the recent nerf to the spire diamond awards has been painful. It has gone from a slow stream of diamonds to a slow outflow for me (as one of many that does not have the resources to finish all floors).

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Well, I just started playing the Spire yesterday and today (past the first couple chests, anyway). I got to the third timed gate this morning, after spending 50 diamonds on the last chest before that gate. That was the first diamond purchase of the game. I was delighted to find that I would get those 50 back at the end of the week, so 0 diamonds for me. I won't be able to get past that gate before it ends today, but I'm happy with what I got: Moonstone Library, Magic Residence, spell fragments, time boosts, supply instant, and at the end will receive, in addition to those diamonds, 5 CCs, quite a few 5-hour instants, and something else, can't remember. I'm glad I overcame my fear. I didn't fight at all; I only catered everything, so I went down on marble and elixir, etc, and will have to replenish those. But I think I came out far ahead. Maybe beginner's luck, but I'm happy.

Darielle

By the way, I noticed my fellowship has quite a few bronze in the Spire, but no silver or gold. Could anyone tell me the levels and how many points you need for each? Thank you in advance.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Darielle the 50 diamond reward on the purple path is only for the players who complete the entire 1st floor. If you did not do that, you will not win those diamonds. You only get the group rewards for where your progress and the purple bar match. The three medals are awarded depending on how high up the members of a fellowship do as a whole. Bronze means the group qualified for the reward for completing the first floor, silver for the second floor, and gold for completing the entire Spire.

Darielle

@Darielle the 50 diamond reward on the purple path is only for the players who complete the entire 1st floor. If you did not do that, you will not win those diamonds. You only get the group rewards for where your progress and the purple bar match. The three medals are awarded depending on how high up the members of a fellowship do as a whole. Bronze means the group qualified for the reward for completing the first floor, silver for the second floor, and gold for completing the entire Spire.
Thanks! Good to know. Some of us completed the first floor, some the second and one the third, so I'm not sure where we'll fit. If we all have to get to the top, we'll never make gold. But yes, I checked my picture on the purple bar and it matches up to the 50 diamond point. (I finished the chest that was just before the third timed gate, so the fourth gate, if that makes sense.) Now, I can't wait for the next one so that I can start it earlier in the week instead of waiting so long to muster the courage.

NightshadeCS

(I finished the chest that was just before the third timed gate, so the fourth gate, if that makes sense.)
They are all timed gates, even though the first one is only a few seconds. That may be the confusion. If you beat the spirit that looks like a treant that is standing in front of the door that will lead inside the Spire, then you are good!

Darielle

They are all timed gates, even though the first one is only a few seconds. That may be the confusion. If you beat the spirit that looks like a treant that is standing in front of the door that will lead inside the Spire, then you are good!
Ah, I didn't realize that. Yes, I passed through 3 doors and stopped after I got the chest just before the fourth door. Yes, he was the big treant-type guy. . Thanks.

sam767

I don't know if I should start a new thread or use this thread. The Gateway seems to be easier to convince this week. Is it my imagination?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just have to get this out. It really angers me that they changed diamond prizes in regular chests to 15. I do end up spending more diamonds every time since they changed that. Spend 25 or 50 diamonds to maybe get 15 is definitely a losing proposition. The result for me is that I loathe taking it to the top! 2nd level is as far as I go before I start resenting it more & more because of the change. :mad:

This was bad but not as bad as it is now since almost all of my wishing wells have expired except 2. Great timing making the Spire give less diamonds unless FS gets all the way to the top and ending wishing wells in Events at the same time :mad:

Before anybody pipes in with how I should battle, I do not have a problem logistically battling to the top. I am just one of those players who dislikes battling enough that I would rather spend money. That is within reason! As far as I'm concerned, my troops are for Tournament, especially now with Chapter 16 research KP demands.

Last edited:

Sunnydae

I just LOVE the SPIRE much better than FA but I do wish the Vision Vapors odds would be lower... would rather get more of the building pieces or ANYTHING but VISION VAPORS...lol

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just LOVE the SPIRE much better than FA but I do wish the Vision Vapors odds would be lower... would rather get more of the building pieces or ANYTHING but VISION VAPORS...lol

I don't like the FA either. Way too repetitive! Still a completely different thing since Spire is weekly and FA is monthly or longer. The Spire is a weekly drain while the FA is a monthly drain. Fun Times! :confused:

Steelhail

I just have to get this out. It really angers me that they changed diamond prizes in regular chests to 15. I do end up spending more diamonds every time since they changed that. Spend 25 or 50 diamonds to maybe get 15 is definitely a losing proposition.

Lowering the threshhold required for the spire gold medal could make an even bigger difference. Once our alliance got over the hump for our first gold, most players are getting that gold diamond bonus plus an armorer/genie/diamond from the last stage. That just made the next week easier for people to fight or negotiate.

In some ways, unlocking that 11th chest is hardest. Once a player knows they can get 11th chest rewards, they're more likely just to toss in the top too for the armorer/genie/diamond chance (alongside that climbing Mt. Everest appeal). Though I am not a fan of getting to the top and winning one portal profit.

Handgrenade

Maybe use your magic academy more. Mine is working 247 im always producing something that does not cost catalyst unless there is something to build. If there is a 1kp build for no catslyst i build it while waiting for the turn over.

Handgrenade

I don't like the FA either. Way too repetitive! Still a completely different thing since Spire is weekly and FA is monthly or longer. The Spire is a weekly drain while the FA is a monthly drain. Fun Times! :confused:
The thing that i probably hate the most is INNO makes game modes that encourages using your money but whoever runs the diamond purchase side of the house seems to think their job is to discourage spending money. They are obviously not working on the same team. If i were INNO i would fire that person immediately. The current setup is if you do not accept any of their "deals" you will get an actual deal for 100% bonus diamonds. So sane folks only spend money every 3 months or so. Their good event buildings, the evolving ones have all passed never to return again. This im sure makes it easy for old players to not spend knowing that INNO will not make a building worth spending money on again. CF pheonix was great for brand new players to get alot of KP from scouting, the may tree is great for new players also but im not sure old players would make room for it since high tournament scores meet all their KP needs and probably have buildings in place to increase that score.

Kekune

Maybe use your magic academy more. Mine is working 247 im always producing something that does not cost catalyst unless there is something to build. If there is a 1kp build for no catslyst i build it while waiting for the turn over.
Some of us already do this, and are still swimming in fragments. I rarely skip a crafting cycle, and often time boost something to get more than one craft out of a cycle. I've still got over 300k fragments, and growing.

Handgrenade

Some of us already do this, and are still swimming in fragments. I rarely skip a crafting cycle, and often time boost something to get more than one craft out of a cycle. I've still got over 300k fragments, and growing.
Im chapter 3, those fragments are what i need lol. However it is disheartening to hear that soon most of the rewards are as good as not even getting a "prize". It seems like they would have already thought of adding spell fragments to the trading post so you can purchase stuff with them or sell them... if they have players with more then they will ever use. 300k fragmentsx 2000 (cost of build?) X5 hrs (just guessing). This is 5 yrs after launch... should i even continue playing the game? Who makes the decisions at innogames? This thread sounded like they wanted feedback, why ask if the feed back says (summary[you suck]) fix this and everything essentially. Here is an example, but not have the no brainers taken care of. Am i playing a girls game? I notice most of the fights are hard to win and not fun and there are alot of opportunities to pay shady characters to go away... please tell me before i invest more time. Do these developers change things that are broke and not working? I told them my S-Pen from my galaxy note 10 does not work and i got a reply that said they did not design it with my S-Pen in mind...

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Am i playing a girls game?
Really? I mean really?
I'm going to assume that was a poor choice of words and not an intentional misogynistic comment because I want as many people as possible to play this game and participate in the forums. I really like the energy and ideas new players bring. And btw, I rock combat here (now, not so much when I was new, lol), not too difficult at all. Never played a combat game before, ignored it for the first 4-5 chapters here, so if I can do it, anyone can.
Here's some info that may help:
This game is a marathon, not a sprint. The one thing about combat that has always been backwards (imo) is that it is difficult to impossible early game. Until you get all the unit types and some promotions, there are fights you simply cannot win. A really good place to start learning how to overcome this difficulty is Mykan's Fighting Guide. While several years old, @Mykan remains an active player and keeps the info updated. If something looks like it may be outdated, just ask. His Guide is huge and he may have missed needing to update a specific section.
This is a global game and you are on the forums for US players. I think there are forums for every country, and the devs do not read them. Until 3-4 months ago the only way to get your ideas heard was to play on the Beta server. At that time, our Community Manager and Senior Moderator developed a way to get ideas and suggestions to Inno directly from this forum without having to go through beta. It's a system that requires thoughtful presentation of the idea fully fleshed out with pros and cons. When the OP of the idea is satisfied the idea is in its final form, it goes to a poll. A certain level of support is required for it to be forwarded. You can read all about how to do this in the Sticky thread in the Ideas and Suggestions sub-forum. We have had several ideas forwarded in the short amount of time this has been available.
There's currently an Idea rattling around over there about addressing the Spell Fragments in the Spire (I have 487K in one city and 437K in the other and rarely miss a cycle to craft something). The Spire was released last August as an individual activity and has had several changes made since then including adding the multi-player feature and adjusting some rewards out of individual chests and into the multiplayer FS rewards.
Edit:
Forgot to say:
Welcome and have fun!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
so for fun i went to the top in 3 worlds arendyll, ceravyn, and winyandor and recieved 50 diamonds for each for 150 diamonds .. that is way under what i am owed .. fix the payout system as others are having the same problems .. if you are deleting wells and making people play spire for diamond then under paying rewards .. that is a total dung heap

If you went to the top of the Spire in three different fellowships, and in each you only got the reward for the completion of the first floor, then that is the fault of your fellow members not trying. Maybe they owe you some diamonds, not Inno. ;)

Last edited: