• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire of Eternity feedback

mikeledo

I think we should have a new rule. There is just too much going on at one time. I think if INNO is going to introduce something completely new, they need to eliminate something they have, like FA or spire. Personally I would like to see them just do the spire once every 4 weeks with 4X the rewards, except for maybe magic shards. And maybe the FA once a year.

Iyapo1

I think we should have a new rule. There is just too much going on at one time. I think if INNO is going to introduce something completely new, they need to eliminate something they have, like FA or spire. Personally I would like to see them just do the spire once every 4 weeks with 4X the rewards, except for maybe magic shards. And maybe the FA once a year.
How about if you just participate in the spire once every four weeks and you only play the FA once a year. They are not mandatory.

Gath Of Baal

The tournament, Spire, Fellowship Adventure and Events are the only things that hold my interest in this game anymore. IMO there needs to be MORE side things to do added to the game :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Can you give this newbie player some tips on how to convince my way through the Spire? These two-wave battles are depleting my troops, and I just can't figure out the strategy for Convincing five spirits with goods when I only have three turns to do it. It has to be more than just a lucky guess, and I'm tired of losing so much coin and goods trying to figure it out only to keep losing. I can't get past the second tier of the opening level of the spire. It's frustrating to say the least.

I've been looking for a strategy guide for convincing, but I haven't had any luck. I'd appreciate any help you could give.

This is what works for me:

When you have five or more items to pass out, make sure you withdraw after the first guess if you don't eliminate a couple items. For example, say you have five items and five spirits. You give a different item to each one. You get four green checkmarks and one "nobody needs it." I would withdraw immediately. I don't want to waste items with only two guesses left and still four items that it might want. That leaves me with only a 25 percent chance of getting it right on the second try and only a thirty three percent chance of getting it right on the last try. Bad odds. Save yourself the resources and don't bother with scenarios like that. Don't ever be afraid to withdraw after the first try. You're far better off than withdrawing after three tries because you tried to play a bad hand.

My favorite scenario on the first try is when I can eliminate at least two items. I don't care if I eliminate spirits on the first try, as long as I eliminate items and cut down the number of things each spirit might want.

If you do withdraw and try again, always try the same items you tried the first time. Since they randomize after each try, you have a better chance of getting something better by using the same items.

Remember that if you've got three spirits left and they all say "wrong item" for three different items, make sure you look to see what the spirits previously didn't want. For example, you have three spirits left and they all say wrong item for marble, wood, and gems. You look and see what the spirits previously rejected and find that two of them had already rejected gems. So now you know who needs the gems. That means that you have two spirits left, and one of them must need marble and the other must need wood. If one of them rejected either item before, it's an automatic win. If none of them did, then you've got a fifty-fifty chance. I might go for that or I might withdraw. Depends on the mood I'm in and how many resources I have to spend. I usually like to have better than 50/50 odds on the third try and if I don't, I withdraw. But occasionally I'll do it.

Remember to always check your inventory of all items. They go down so fast sometimes you're amazed that just a couple minutes ago, you had almost the max of something and now you're down to next to nothing. So try to make sure you save coin and supply instants for the spire.

Anyway, others have different strategies but those work for me. Good luck.

CHANDY

Better Prizes are needed to excite the populace especially me. Have plenty of spell fragments so how about more opportunities for 2 and 5 hr wins. Throw in an opportunity to win a Fire Phoenix and feed. Spire is costly but fun. These suggestions and more like it would make it more so.

Pheryll

Set Designer
it'd be very easy to code in "if they already gots one don't be giving them a nother one"
But do they have option to craft another one at that point? When there are multiple routes to obtain the building then it is harder to ensure only one maximum will be obtained.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But do they have option to craft another one at that point? When there are multiple routes to obtain the building then it is harder to ensure only one maximum will be obtained.
Really? Because I'm pretty sure that in 1980 Fortran could handle if bulidingxxxx>0 then .......

I'd be surprised if even the worst programmer on staff at Inno would have any trouble testing for the presence of a building before offering it as a prize.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Really? Because I'm pretty sure that in 1980 Fortran could handle if bulidingxxxx>0 then .......

I'd be surprised if even the worst programmer on staff at Inno would have any trouble testing for the presence of a building before offering it as a prize.
Ashrem, they already messed up on Beta, and some people acquired a second fire phoenix because of the temporary loophole. It is just something that one mistake can have a drastic effect.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ashrem, they already messed up on Beta, and some people acquired a second fire phoenix because of the temporary loophole. It is just something that one mistake can have a drastic effect.
That's what Beta is for. The existence of a bug on Beta is not an argument for anything.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Not all changes go through Beta first. Having multiple sources for a unique building can cause problems from general tweaking.

To be clear what I am saying. It is not simply having the building or being in the process of crafting it that needs checking, but also if the building appears as a crafting option when the prize is awarded.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not all changes go through Beta first. Having multiple sources for a unique building can cause problems from general tweaking.
Sadly, the Elvenar programmers have proven they are human. If our standard is to assume nothing will ever work because people make mistakes, we might as well go back to 1950 and stop using computers.
To be clear what I am saying. It is not simply having the building or being in the process of crafting it that needs checking, but also if the building appears as a crafting option when the prize is awarded.
I get what you're saying, but that's already supposed to be the state for evolving buildings. Could they introduce bugs while making changes, sure, but assuming they will both undo something that is currently working and skip beta, while adding a new feature is probably overly-pessimistic.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I get what you're saying, but that's already supposed to be the state for evolving buildings.
No, the state for evolving buildings is that crafting does not introduce it as an option if the building is already present, and the option is retained until the refresh time. If a building is acquired after the option is made there is nothing that would cause any of the options to be immediately refreshed or the progress on the current crafting recipe to be disbanded.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No, the state for evolving buildings is that crafting does not introduce it as an option if the building is already present, and the option is retained until the refresh time. If a building is acquired after the option is made there is nothing that would cause any of the options to be immediately refreshed or the progress on the current crafting recipe to be disbanded.
Fine. It's no doubt a herculean task to avoid and there's no point discussing it.

Gath Of Baal

How many players in an FS need to get to the top of the Spire to get the gold?

Since the requirement is based on how well other fellowships are doing during that particular spire week, there is no set amount, you just have to be better that week then every other fellowship in that world trying to do the same thing. I would guess though it will have to be max participation and max effort by the entire fellowship to even have a chance at the top spots